Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2014 5:03:15 PM EDT
So a month ago I called Sig and the rep said it would be about 4 weeks until retailers had them.  Today I called just to check and was told at least 4 MONTHS as all the SBX braces will only be sold as part of their pistol combo package for the foreseeable future.  Definitely disappointed and a bit confused with the conflicting info.

Anyone have any other updates?  Maybe from Facebook or something?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they discontinue the SB15?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
i literally just ordered 2 from ebay
not sure what your hold up is, they have a few in stock
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
the delay was a result of the ATF ruling that all sig braces were suppressors

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i literally just ordered 2 from ebay
not sure what your hold up is, they have a few in stock
View Quote

SBX?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
When does the $35 Chinese version hit the market?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

no these are for a folding design from my understanding.
theres a picture somewhere with it
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So a month ago I called Sig and the rep said it would be about 4 weeks until retailers had them.  Today I called just to check and was told at least 4 MONTHS as all the SBX braces will only be sold as part of their pistol combo package for the foreseeable future.  Definitely disappointed and a bit confused with the conflicting info.

View Quote
Thanks for making the call and updating us.

Makes sense for Sig. The old brace has been selling like hotcakes, so it's not in the declining phase of a product cycle where an updated design is necessary to reinvigorate sales. Plus, Sig pricing on their AR pistols is beyond what many of us would spend given that we can put together pistols for quite a bit less, so by selling the new brace exclusively with Sig pistols, they help differentiate their pistol from (1) the lower price competition, and (2) DIY builds.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Makes sense for Sig. The old brace has been selling like hotcakes, so it's not in the declining phase of a product cycle where an updated design is necessary to reinvigorate sales. Plus, Sig pricing on their AR pistols is beyond what many of us would spend given that we can put together pistols for quite a bit less, so by selling the new brace exclusively with Sig pistols, they help differentiate their pistol from (1) the lower price competition, and (2) DIY builds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem.  I'm hoping the first rep was more accurate in their response to me than the second, but who knows.  I'm sure this forum will blow it up when they're out in the wild, but I'm an impatient man haha
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
i guess i won't be buying a sbx then.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?!
Where do you get this?
I can show you a picture of a guy using a hammer on a roof.  Does that mean hammers are only to be used on roofs?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What?!

Where do you get this?

I can show you a picture of a guy using a hammer on a roof.  Does that mean hammers are only to be used on roofs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?!

Where do you get this?

Perhaps if it's a roofing hammer.

Of course the AFT already stated that the .gov cannot regulate intentional misuse of a product.

But then again I believe the DEA has another opinion on that matter.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link just went hot on the Sig Site
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, snagged one!  Little pricey, but rather shell out the extra $20 then wait for them to hit retailers in who knows how long
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up one as well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered one too - no shipping charges, huh.

ETA: Says elsewhere on the site that free shipping for orders over $100.  Also, Sig's website sucks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]
61 left
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
61 left
View Quote

Where do you see that, just for curiosity, 'cause I don't?

Just grabbed one myself.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just grabbed one myself.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
61 left

Just grabbed one myself.

- OS

If you try to add a few hundred to your cart an error message pops up with how many are left.  Many websites are like this, it gives a great idea of inventory levels.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you try to add a few hundred to your cart an error message pops up with how many are left.  Many websites are like this, it gives a great idea of inventory levels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
61 left

Just grabbed one myself.

- OS

Far out, thanks for the tip.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
61 left

Just grabbed one myself.

- OS

Just don't click the wrong button and get 999 of them shipped to you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Was just about to order another KAK tube for the SBX (gonna go on a AK pistol one way or another).

However, suddenly wondering if the SBX has same length in the tube accepting channel? Meaning, if it is shorter there, no reason to have the stop-flange built into the buffer tube. Would still get that extra 1.5" or so in LOP though I guess, but would look odd if it doesn't reach the flange.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Was just about to order another KAK tube for the SBX (gonna go on a AK pistol one way or another).

However, suddenly wondering if the SBX has same length in the tube accepting channel? Meaning, if it is shorter there, no reason to have the stop-flange built into the buffer tube. Would still get that extra 1.5" or so in LOP though I guess, but would look odd if it doesn't reach the flange.

- OS
View Quote

Yeah I'm waiting to get mine in hand to determine the appropriate buffer tube.  Not a lot of info out there that I can find so I'm trying to be patient.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm waiting to get mine in hand to determine the appropriate buffer tube.  Not a lot of info out there that I can find so I'm trying to be patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Yeah, me too. Mine is going on an AK pistol this time, and have been waiting on getting hardware until the SBX came out. If that tube channel does prove to be shorter, I may use a rifle length tube, might anyway the more I think on it; apparently you only need to build it up with a round or two of tape to get a snug fit.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered mine months ago, so mine arrived this morning at about 8AM.

It's definitely smaller than the SB15, especially due to the reduction of the "flaps" on the original model. I think this should make shoulder transitions easier, and the brace SLIGHTLY less likely to get hung up on stuff.

I did a quick first impressions review this morning; let me know if you guys have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:56:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's definitely smaller than the SB15, especially due to the reduction of the "flaps" on the original model. I think this should make shoulder transitions easier, and the brace SLIGHTLY less likely to get hung up on stuff.

https://d2kyvj3kvr3yw0.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/DSC02167.jpg

I did a quick first impressions review this morning; let me know if you guys have any specific questions.
View Quote

So you have both? See my question in posts directly above, ie is the buffer tube channel the same length as the one on the SB15?

TIA

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Went ahead and bit the bullet so to speak Ordered one as well. Been waiting for this one to be released.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

What buffer tube are you running and is the end of it flush with the brace in that pic?

Also, went to your website and watched your review, good stuff.  Do you know if the end cap on the brace is removable, or is it permanent?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So you have both? See my question in posts directly above, ie is the buffer tube channel the same length as the one on the SB15?

TIA

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

- OS

According to the review on his website, it's 1/2" shorter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WOULD THE SB15 OR SB47 CONTINUE TO BE SOLD?

SIG booth workers at the NRA convention stated the SB15 and SB47 braces would be going away
View Quote

How can Sig say the SB47 is "going away" when they don't even own the rights to distribute it...Century does
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

TIA

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:

TIA

- OS

I do have both the SB15 and the SBX. I already installed the SBX on my buffer tube, and it's not coming off again without some serious work. I measured the channel from the outside, and it is approximately 6 3/4". The SB15 is 6 3/8". The biggest difference is the "cap" at the end of the SBX so if you have a longer buffer tube you won't have to worry about it creeping.

Quoted:
What buffer tube are you running and is the end of it flush with the brace in that pic?

Also, went to your website and watched your review, good stuff.  Do you know if the end cap on the brace is removable, or is it permanent?  Thanks!

Thanks for visiting my site and the kind words.

I am running an ARMS TAC buffer tube. It is very close to the threads of the tube, but not quite. The SBX does sit quite a bit farther away than the SB15, however.

The end of the brace is molded in. You could cut it with a utility knife if you wanted to, but it's not designed to be removed.

Quoted:

How can Sig say the SB47 is "going away" when they don't even own the rights to distribute it...Century does

I wasn't at the NRA Convention when the SIG guys told my reader that, but I can tell you from talking with the guys at SHOT Show this January they didn't know very much about their products in general.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Did anyone else who ordered an SBX recently get a 229 page PDF from Sig as their order confirmation?  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you took the time to go to his website and read his review like everyone else, you would already know that it's 1/2" shorter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

- OS

If you took the time to go to his website and read his review like everyone else, you would already know that it's 1/2" shorter.

Well, excuse me all over the place for not noticing the embedded URL in a picture. However note that his answer to me in thread seems opposite of what's on his site, so still seems unclear.

Nice blog you do there btw, ShortBarrelShepherd, kudos!

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did anyone else who ordered an SBX recently get a 229 page PDF from Sig as their order confirmation?  
View Quote

Yup. It's the receipts for various SIG stuff to 229 other customers, all dated 10/17/14, with names and addresses!!  

Couple of big orders to Brownell's in the first few pages, most seem to be just to individuals.

Bit of an IT screwup there, for sure.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup. It's the receipts for various SIG stuff to 229 other customers, all dated 10/17/14, with names and addresses!!  

Couple of big orders to Brownell's in the first few pages, most seem to be just to individuals.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Look at page 214.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Look at page 214.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Look at page 214.  

Good Lord. That's maybe minor national security territory.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Email out now from SIG with oopsie, please delete previous email.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#37]
thats a big for sig
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#38]
anybody gotta a copy of that PDF i'd like to take a peek..
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
anybody gotta a copy of that PDF i'd like to take a peek..
View Quote

Fraid I'm not gonna share it, and not just because of SIG's request not to.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
However note that his answer to me in thread seems opposite of what's on his site, so still seems unclear.
View Quote

True.  Whichever measurement is correct, there doesn't seem to be too much difference between the length of the SB15 and SBX, so hopefully it will work just fine with existing tubes.

Now I just wish they would release the folding mechanism to go along with it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone that ordered an SBX have a rough idea of how long it takes Sig to ship?
I'm guessing since they are a manufacturer it will be a hell of a lot longer than a typical distributor, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.  I took weeks or months for me to get items from Ruger and S&W.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Sig traditionally has been pretty good. I'm not sure they send out shipping notification emails though.  I imagine they will not want to upset the leaked customers anymore than they already have by delaying shipment or slow processing.  My bet is this time next week you'll be holding the brace.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Is there anyone who can send me a copy of the Sig "please delete the previous email" email?  Again, NOT the .pdf, just the follow-up.  My email is same as username here @aol.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#44]
So my question is which is better? SB15 or SBX? My M92 has the good ol SB47 and with it rolled up, it rocks. The SBX looks kinda flimsy....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Liking my Sig just fine.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone that ordered an SBX have a rough idea of how long it takes Sig to ship?...
View Quote

No idea, but a disappointment so far. Ordered last Thursday afternoon, and CC charged. Nada.

Guess I'm spoiled, as with exception of Palmetto, used to seeing things out in a couple of working days or less.

If they're not sending shipping notification emails, that would suck too, not knowing carrier alone is problematic where I live if I don't know when to expect it.

Hate to fuss, glad the thing is available at all, at least I hope it really is!

- OS
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So my question is which is better? SB15 or SBX? My M92 has the good ol SB47 and with it rolled up, it rocks. The SBX looks kinda flimsy....
View Quote

Will be happy to give my initial take once I get the SBX in hand.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:03:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No idea, but a disappointment so far. Ordered last Thursday afternoon, and CC charged. Nada.

Guess I'm spoiled, as with exception of Palmetto, used to seeing things out in a couple of working days or less.

If they're not sending shipping notification emails, that would suck too, not knowing carrier alone is problematic where I live if I don't know when to expect it.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone that ordered an SBX have a rough idea of how long it takes Sig to ship?...

- OS

I ordered mine on Sat and received the ship notification and a tracking number last night.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:15:14 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

How did you wrap your strap so it is pulled together?

I really like the SB15 and I now have 4 of them, but I wanted to get the new one for what I think is my final build because it looks more "space gun" ish and would go along with the build, but I have ZERO complaints about the SB15.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I really like the SB15 and I now have 4 of them, but I wanted to get the new one for what I think is my final build because it looks more "space gun" ish and would go along with the build, but I have ZERO complaints about the SB15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On another I changed the way the strap was orientated going through the slots in a crossing pattern, but it seemed to put undue pressure of the strut of the slot pulling it inwards which didn't appeal to me but it did work well.  On this one I simple placed a zip-tie around the strap where it rides through the slot and the strut covers it and cinched it down.  Does make it tough to slip your arm through it though.....

Actually have come up with a way to route the strap where no tie is needed and tightens it up pretty well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top