Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2014 8:56:49 PM EDT
I recently got a kak super sig buffer tube and want to install it but am having trouble getting the sig brace off the old tube. It was a pain to put on but seems like it's going to be real pain in the balls getting off. Anybody have any good ideas? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody posted in another thread that they heated with blow dryer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that is an option but it may leave it a bit over sized.  May want to try compressed air first. What tube is it on?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a large handled screw driver in a vise, put the back of the tube on the screw driver handle, then pound on the brace with a rubber mallet it will come right off. Depending on the tube its on now it may be oversized I boiled mine, then used a few pieces of electric tape around the buffer tube to tighten it up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure what tube I have on there now I believe it's a standard diameter tube 1.25? That I bought on gun broker. I'll try some compressed air in the morning and if that doesn't work I'll try the screwdriver trick because I definitely don't want to oversize the brace with heat because the kak tube is slightly narrower. I appreciate the help and will update when it's off and the new tube is on
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I used a blow dryer . It didn't appear to leave any change at all. I mounted the lower on a magazine block  so the lower was vertical , heat the brace and rotated it off. I went slow ,  and  it was off clean  in about 4 minutes . I was going from a PSA tube to a Phase 5 tube .
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up using a blow dryer and it worked fine. The kak tube is smaller diameter and the brace was a little loose but after a few wraps of electrical tape it fit fine. The added length of the tube puts the pistol in the perfect position now when shouldering. Can't wait to take it to the range
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top