Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 9:45:27 PM EDT
Since the Sig brace came out AR pistols has become very popular. I live in Ohio and all the local gun shops around here are sold out everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a few local shops here where I live in Florida that has AR Pistols especially the Diamondback Firearms DB15 7.5 version and 10.5 version. I have the 7.5 version and it shoots like a dream!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]

They work great and I can transport locally across state lines.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They're wxtra fun. I did a first pistol-first build at the same time. I was supposed to make a cheap-ish AR pistol out of take-off parts I already had, and gain knowledge/experience/confidence on building/repairing AR's.

The build went out of control, budget wise, but I ended up with something very nice, even built by a highly skilled/regarded manufacturer.

I'm tooled up and more knowledgeable now. Big pluses.

Also, the pistol platform is showing a lot of potential to be GREAT. Wish I had one on deployment, and in my collection much sooner.

It's the time of the AR pistol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I am just wondering if (when?) it will be realized by the PTB that having a gun that is a few inches shorter does not suddenly give anyone murderous intent and the restrictions for SBR's will be removed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am just wondering if (when?) it will be realized by the PTB that having a gun that is a few inches shorter does not suddenly give anyone murderous intent and the restrictions for SBR's will be removed.
View Quote

The PTB = Congress, so what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Very popular indeed. Been loving my mk18 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That a snow-cone would stand a better chance in hell
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
SBS and SBR have no need for restrictions anymore. Serves no purpose.  But....   it's very difficult to get firearm restrictions reversed.  Even hard for the ones that are older than all (well most) of us.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Where in Ohio are you at?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Because SEX sells !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#11]
My cheap ass 12.5"  PSA pistol is my favorite firearm.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My cheap ass 12.5"  PSA pistol is my favorite firearm.
View Quote

Same here. I have built a few high dollar plinkers  with Vltor and Noveske pedigrees  and they sit in the safe for the past year while my 12" PSA gets the nod ( guess how long i have had the PSA)

I would go as far as to say,  that if I could sell my high dollar 16" AR's and not lose alot they would be gone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
If it wasn't for the Sig brace I would have NEVER gotten an AR pistol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think its stil the SBR bug that people get. the pistol brace just lets people have an simulated SBR without the wait. Or if they cant get nfa's sighed in their area this is the only option for short barrels.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where in Ohio are you at?
View Quote

This...

PM400 with Brace are showing in stock at Vances, both locations.

Every week for the last month I've stopped myself... this week might just be the one.

Personally I like the new version, but the old one seems to be a hot commodity.   I'm sure I could trade for a new one once the new version becomes readily available.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#16]
It's been years since I bought a new gun simply because nothing tempted me.  Then I saw the AR pistol with sig brace.  I bought one, and love it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea I embraced the Brace. 2 Pistol builds in the last few months. One in .300 blackout and one in .223.

My .223

My .300 blackout. I am the same as the above poster. I find I am shooting them more than my Rifle and carbine Ar15's. Small fun hard hitting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

i think its stil the SBR bug that people get. the pistol brace just lets people have an simulated SBR without the wait. Or if they cant get nfa's sighed in their area this is the only option for short barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not a simulated SBR the only thing different is the stock and I like the Sig Brace better than my SBR its more comfortable. And I have an Sbr and can get another if I want one. I like the idea of not having to fill out paperwork if I want to take it out of state.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Also....

and

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
EmBRACE the revolution!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I sent my brace back to Amazon. I like my pistols to be as compact and light as possible.
The brace was heavy and the gun didn't fit in my small safe anymore.

I kinda wish I had kept it to see if I would come around but after three range trips I decided it just wasn't for me.

I do love my pistols though. They get more attention and good parts than my carbine
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The brace was heavy.

View Quote
Really. How much do you think it weighs?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll tell...11.89oz, less than most stocks on SBR's.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you Alex Bosco!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'll tell...11.89oz, less than most stocks on SBR's.
View Quote
Yeah, I know. I weighed the brace and posted that data myself. I just wanted to see if the poster knew that. Doesn't really matter because if someone feels the brace is too heavy for their needs that's the way it is. I'm just trying to help folks keep things in perspective, that's all.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think its to heavy at all unless your a very weak person.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

ounces equal pounds
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

ounces equal pounds
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ounces equal pounds
Yeah but the problem is some folks are comparing the weight of the brace to no brace at all (just the receiver extension) which is kind of absurd IMHO. Of course the brace will add some weight. The fact is the SB15 weighs about the same as a Magpul STR and SOPMOD stocks. Someone here  shaved some bits off the brace and saved just about 3 ounces which made it weight about the same as a Magpul CTR.

If you want the advantages the brace the you need deal with the weight it adds. If you don't want any of the weight then you can't use the brace.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Does anyone know if the arm brace is restricted to AR15 type pistols, or can it be affixed to any pistol that I can be made to work with. For example a Cobray type semi-auto or a 1911.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Does anyone know if the arm brace is restricted to AR15 type pistols, or can it be affixed to any pistol that I can be made to work with. For example a Cobray type semi-auto or a 1911.
View Quote

They are selling them on AKs & MP5s now so it might be worth checking out with the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Technically the brace doesn't change the classification of the firearm so in theory it should be good for any pistol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#32]
One thing I have not heard anyone mention is that the rubbery plastic of the SB15 kills the buffer tube spring twang.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Agreed. My pistol build is actually in progress now. Will be an 11.5"
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One thing I have not heard anyone mention is that the rubbery plastic of the SB15 kills the buffer tube spring twang.
View Quote
Why does that matter? The "twang" is normal whether one likes it or not.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Technically the brace doesn't change the classification of the firearm so in theory it should be good for any pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, reading through the letters, they seem to have a common theme that the arm brace does not change the type of weapon it is.  It says nothing about it having to be original configuration to qualify.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I, for one, plan on building a pistol based on this platform. The brace is the icing on the cake for me, not to mention the possibility of turning it into an SBR somewhere down the road.

I'd say the popularity is definitely growing
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brace was heavy.

Slightly more than no brace at all.

The bigger issue for me was room in the safe and it would not fit in the dedicated canvas case I have for it. It just wasn't as compact as I had grown used to
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:13:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey _DR, is this what you are talking about? Affixing the SB15 to an actual "pistol" haha?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/southkhaki19/Weapon%20Pictures/GlockSBRPistol.jpg
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hey _DR, is this what you are talking about? Affixing the SB15 to an actual "pistol" haha?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/southkhaki19/Weapon%20Pictures/GlockSBRPistol.jpg
View Quote

Well was thinking semi-auto Mac-10 pistol, but that works too!  
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top