Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2014 10:46:23 PM EDT
Went to shoot a 300 blackout I just finished and it's short stroking. I tried a couple different springs and buffers so I'm fairly sure that's not the cause. It's has a 10.5" barrel with pistol length gas port and a pig tail gas tube. Could the gas tube be the issue?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
yea ditch that gas tube first off..

are you running subs or supers?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had originally intended on running a suppressor on this gun but I'm selling it so I'm trying to get it to cycle correctly without a can.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Pig tail gas tube is most likely the culprit.

For some reason I have had a lot of people ask me about the pigtail for 300 blk.  It creates problems rather than fixes anything.  Save it for a .223 pistol build.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The check list I would use:

1 - Pig tail remove/ replace
2 - check gas post alignment since you removing it anyway to get the gas tube off.
3 -  completely disassemble and clean the bolt/carrier and relube.
4 - check alignment of the gas tube to the bolt carrier key to make sure there is no rubbing after it's all together.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top