Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested to see if the "pistol length gas" 10.5 inchers really are. That's quite the rarity if so.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

10.5" are carbine length

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested to see if the "pistol length gas" 10.5 inchers really are. That's quite the rarity if so.

- OS

10.5" are carbine length

Ah, you fixed the descriptions then ... a least one of the 5.56 10.5" models a week or so ago showed pistol length in description.

And both .300blk 10.5" there right now also show pistol length gas, but that's probably actually correct for that caliber, right?

- OS
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]
They did indeed say they were pistol length in the description even for the 10.5 5.56.  Also, on mine the front rail is lower than the upper as mentioned in a previous post.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They did indeed say they were pistol length in the description even for the 10.5 5.56.  Also, on mine the front rail is lower than the upper as mentioned in a previous post.
View Quote

Mine is as well, but only like 1/16th of an inch.  Easily adjusted / compensated with most all iron sights, or red dot.
I still think it's a great value for someone looking to get into a pistol, and it can easily be upgraded as you go!    Shoot you could sell the parts after you replace them, and make some of the upgrade cost back!  

I already replaced the A2 grip with the BC Mod 3, I'm going to put a KAK can on it, and possible the KaK Sig buffer tube next!  I'm excited!

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is as well, but only like 1/16th of an inch.  Easily adjusted / compensated with most all iron sights, or red dot.

View Quote

So it has been confirmed that the rails really don't match the upper. Yes it is compensated with iron sights but not when you put the riser between the upper and the hand guard as is the case with my PA microdot on a PA riser. It tends to shift to the right.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So it has been confirmed that the rails really don't match the upper. Yes it is compensated with iron sights but not when you put the riser between the upper and the hand guard as is the case with my PA microdot on a PA riser. It tends to shift to the right.
View Quote

You're right, I never thought about bridging the gap with a riser. That indeed would be an issue...  not sure it would be able to bring it up to match or not.  You may need another hand guard for that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Any recommendations on a rail replacement?  I like the Geissele 10" Super Modular Rail MK3 but not sure it is worth the price tag.  Also seems to be discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
This is not precisely on topic because I did not buy the entire Radical pistol; just the upper, but close enough so I thought I'd chime in...  

PA shipped the upper the same day, and I received it 2 days later  

Rail and upper alignment are perfect.  

I built a 7.5" folder AR with the Radical upper.  Folded up, this fits in my laptop bag    

I'm not quite finished yet... need to add a T1, ambi parts, and swap out the buffer tube for a shorter tube.  The KAK tube on it now came off of my house 10.5" gun that does not have the folding adapter.  The Law Tactical Gen3 adapter adds 1.5" to the LOP, so swapping out the buffer tube will get the LOP back to where I like it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is not precisely on topic because I did not buy the entire Radical pistol; just the upper, but close enough so I thought I'd chime in...  

PA shipped the upper the same day, and I received it 2 days later  

Rail and upper alignment are perfect.  

I built a 7.5" folder AR with the Radical upper.  Folded up, this fits in my laptop bag    

I'm not quite finished yet... need to add a T1, ambi parts, and swap out the buffer tube for a shorter tube.  The KAK tube on it now came off of my house 10.5" gun that does not have the folding adapter.  The Law Tactical Gen3 adapter adds 1.5" to the LOP, so swapping out the buffer tube will get the LOP back to where I like it.

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/turborocket/media/AR/Radicalupper.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/turborocket/AR/Radicalupper.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s15.photobucket.com/user/turborocket/media/AR/8d9474aa-262b-4ecc-b53d-b48d066ae1b7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/turborocket/AR/8d9474aa-262b-4ecc-b53d-b48d066ae1b7.jpg</a>
View Quote

Are you planning on running any backup sights?

Here is mine....MBUS that I had laying around but never put on a rifle and I am not sure if they are any good.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
........MBUS that I had laying around but never put on a rifle and I am not sure if they are any good.
View Quote

Quite adequate as long as they aren't the PTS version.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Are you planning on running any backup sights?

View Quote

Probably, but trying to figure out which ones so that I can standardize across all my ARs.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any recommendations on a rail replacement?  I like the Geissele 10" Super Modular Rail MK3 but not sure it is worth the price tag.  Also seems to be discontinued.
View Quote

I have these rails in 7" and 10" on 2 builds and they align level with the upper correctly. Both under $30 ea. You might have to replace the barrel nut with the one that comes with these rails. Not sure what barrel nut they have on the PA upper.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Kicking up an old thread, I just pulled the trigger on the 10.5", this will be my first AR
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered the 7.5".
It shipped one or two days after I ordered it.
Now just waiting for the FedEx guy to catch my FFL.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I just picked up a 7.5" upper/SIG Brace kit from PA on the current special as well.  Shipping was quick, as usual from PA, and I have been impressed thus far with the build quality on the upper.  No rail to upper misalignment on mine whatsoever.  No issues thru the first 300 rounds (XM193 clone handloads) with both Pmags and GI mags.  Currently have the Smith Vortex mounted, as I had a spare one in the parts box and it seems to do the job just fine.  Liking this enough that I'll probably pick up one of the .300 BLK variants in the next couple months as well.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine is on the FedEx truck right now out for delivery, will be stopping by the fun store on the way home!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine is at the fun store as of yesterday.  Picking her up tomorrow woot!
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't trust Radical Arms guns, but that's me. Too untested, have issues, guaranteed to cut corners at that price.

You would think the only person out there willing to buy a cheapo 300bo rifle/pistol won't be shooting it almost ever.... it's not the cheapest round out there, and the type to buy Radical Arms guns also usually buys steel-cased .223 ammo. Without crazy cheap ammo to feed into their crazy cheap gun, it'll be a safe queen until they sell it to pay their next bill.
View Quote

And where did you get this bit of information and insight from? Let me guess since it's not 2000.00 for a gun, it's not worth having right? I've read many reviews of radical firearms and other smaller companies making a good budget product. I recently bought one from hardened arms and I'm shooting great groups at 100 with it. Have you ever personally used a radical arms weapon or are you just going off because someone told you that they are shit.

Damn I hate people who decide to flame a product without knowing shit about it. And not just hearsay, first hand experience. Off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anybody shot these yet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Is the length just personal preference in something like this?  This would be my first AR pistol and would like to stick with .223 so from what I can see, the 7.5" and 10.5" are the only options.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is the length just personal preference in something like this?  This would be my first AR pistol and would like to stick with .223 so from what I can see, the 7.5" and 10.5" are the only options.
View Quote

Length depends on how you intend to use.  The 7.5 is more compact and easier to conceal but the shorter barrel doesn't allow for burnoff and results in a bigger flame.  Also depends how much you want to shoot suppressed.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Got her in, fit and finish is perfect.

Haven't had a chance to take her out yet.

My gimpy back does love how light it is

Now I just need a red dot of some sort!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Primary- thanks for these great pistols. Too much nit picking here. You sell a product from a company you visited and backed. Good enough.

I think I'll be ok with the 1/16 difference in height. I'm not shooting prairie dogs at 500 yards with the 7 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#26]
What is the overall length of the 7inch pistol with sig brace?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is the overall length of the 7inch pistol with sig brace?
View Quote

Just over 23 inches.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally sighted in my AR pistol.  It is the 300 Blackout 8.5" Radical Firearms upper I bought from Primary Arms and a BCG and stripped lower I built from Palmetto State Armory. With the Sig brace I have about $550-600 into it.  So far I am impressed by the upper and it's quality.  You're not buying a custom made upper from a big name company, but it is good quality.  I bought this for a truck gun and intended to have it beat up and used hard so for the price it is hard to pass up.  

I took it out to the range and after about ten rounds to sight in my Redfield counterstrike red dot/laser sight I put another 70 rounds through it.  No issues with accuracy or reliability.  I didn't buy this to shoot 1" groups 300 yards downrange, I bought it to use as a truck/house gun with the intent to shoot 25 yards and closer and on occasion out to 100 yards.  Below pictured is shooting at 25 yards with all shots offhand with about half slow paced and half 1/2 second intervals.  Thumbs up for Radical Arms.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Cleared hot, how do you like the Redfield, pretty decent? Likes/dislikes, same idea for my AR pistol as well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cleared hot, how do you like the Redfield, pretty decent? Likes/dislikes, same idea for my AR pistol as well.

Thanks
View Quote

I like the Redfield so far, it feels like it's decently built and will last.  I wouldn't put it on a rifle, but for a pistol I like it for the option of using the reddot and/or the laser.  I tried shooting from the hip with just the laser at 15 yards and was putting them into the bulls eye without even trying.    The only dislike I have so far is when I turn up the brightness it has a little bloom, but it isn't that bad.  I'm glad I got it for my pistol build and I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I like the Redfield so far, it feels like it's decently built and will last.  I wouldn't put it on a rifle, but for a pistol I like it for the option of using the reddot and/or the laser.  I tried shooting from the hip with just the laser at 15 yards and was putting them into the bulls eye without even trying.    The only dislike I have so far is when I turn up the brightness it has a little bloom, but it isn't that bad.  I'm glad I got it for my pistol build and I'd buy it again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#32]
here's hoping there will be some available at a lower price this black friday
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]
well then, i'd be just happy with them being in stock when do you think there will be some available again?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up two!!! Can't wait to shoot em! Thanks Primary!

I need a special serial number ..
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Is the KAK extension still needed w/these?
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

well then, i'd be just happy with them being in stock when do you think there will be some available again?
View Quote

I'm showing them in stock right now on their website

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#38]
hey dino, i was specifically looking at the 10.5" FDE in .556. Looks like they have the other models in stock though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Love mine. Shot great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Anybody got a range review
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I got my Seekins 10.5" version last week from Primary Arms.  Just put some sights on and I haven't had time to go to range, but next week I will and give a little info on how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]
That seeking looks nice.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anybody got a range review
View Quote

I have the Radical upper on a Spikes Pirate lower. Very accurate for an 8.5"  300blk pistol. A little heavy to use correctly but well balanced and not much recoil if improperly utilized (Shouldered) It looked good, nice enough finish and the rail was decent.

Very dependable with the older Remington and Hornady supers I had laying around. No failures of any kind with the 110 gr or 115 gr. cases ejected in a small area at about 4 o'clock
Remington 220s did NOT have enough oomph to pick up the next round or hold the bolt back on the last round. At least not unsuppressed. They ejected fine at 4 o'clock,  just closer.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#44]
OK Guys, went to range today.  Shot 90 rounds at 25 yards and the pistol ran flawless. Didn't have time to run any more. 30 rounds were brass case and the other 60 were steel case, all ran perfect with no issues.  Once I got my sights where I wanted, it seemed accurate enough for me. I'm very pleased with this pistol for the money.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Took my 7.5" pistol to the range for the second time yesterday with some young shooters.
Talk about a hit!
90 more rounds with no issues.
I've updated it some since this picture:

Wasn't sure I liked it after the first range trip.
The Troy Claymore makes a huge fireball.
Thinking about the PWS CQB muzzle device.

I've added rail covers, higher riser for the red dot, Magpul AFG and grip (K2?), and KAK tube with the long spacer.
I love it now!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

- OS
View Quote

I just finished my pistol build with a 10.5" Radical Firearms upper.  It has a carbine length gas set up.  It ran flawless. The upper and rail were identical in height.
Radical 10.5 upper
Spikes lower
Hiperfire 24E trigger
Odinworks buffer tube with adjustable LOP clamp / locking nut for brace (includes sling mount) -awesome product

I'm very happy
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Ordered my radical arms 10.5 pistol from primary arms.  Fast delivery and looks great!  

It did have the slight height difference between the upper and handguards, but after a few emails, primary arms said it's not a big deal, that it was standard for an ar at this price point and it's still in spec.  We'll, if they didn't think it's a big deal, let's shoot it and see if affected the sights!

I did take it to the range on turkey day and unfortunately I had a few issues that I hope radical firearms will take care of.  Because of the issues, I wasn't able to really determine if the height difference was affecting the sights...

1.  The gun will fire when I pull the trigger, and when I release the trigger.  That was the first time I ever experienced that and I got a few dirty looks from the range RO for rapid firing.

2.  After it malfunctioned, I dropped the mag and attempted to eject the round by pulling the charging handle but it was stuck firm.  I ended up having to shoot the round to get it to eject and clear the weapon.

The only mods I did was add a magpul afg, a light, iron sights, and some rail covers.

I'll be calling radical tomorrow since the holidays made it difficult to find time to contact them.  I'll keep everybody updated if you're interested!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Sorry you are having issues.
Hopefully it will work out.

I forgot to mention in my review that my front rail is a mm or two lower than the top rail.
With the dot all the way forward you can't see it.
Hopefully the Magpul sights will line up ok.

My trigger started failing to reset during the first mag.
I put a few drops of oil on the pivot points and haven't had anymore problems in the last 120 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#49]
What it I want to extend the "length of pull" arm brace further up my forearm. Would I be able to remove said brace and add a spacer or a different buffer tube? It may not be but that 8.5 300 BO brace looks short.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top