Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/17/2014 5:41:57 PM EDT
http://www.primaryarms.com/Complete_AR_15_Pistols_s/6686.htm?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=radicalpistols

was in GD, but didn't see it here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That is dirt cheap. Especially for the 300 aac version.

If I had not just built a pistol I'd be all over this.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am just hoping they sell out with this post, while I still have some will power.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What is this "will power" of which you speak??  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the 5.56 10.5" yesterday and it was out for delivery today.  My FFL wasn't home so it was rescheduled for tomorrow.  Will post pics and review.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything looks good so far.  Will shoot it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
SWEET. I love the sig brace with the pistol. I got one and love it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]
That's cheaper than building one yourself. By the time I put together my pistol lower with SIG brace and bought the Radical 10.5" upper, I'm right at $700 for the setup. I'm happy with the upper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Eh, at that price I would wonder where they're cutting corners. A pistol shouldn't cost that much less than a rifle especially when the brace is much more expensive than your average stock.

I subscribe to the maxim "If it seems too good to be true it probably is."

Heck, the BCM barrel, BCM BCG and Geiselle SSA trigger I bought for my pistol build cost almost as much as the pistol but I'm ok with that because I know the quality of what I'm buying and I got exactly what I wanted. Buy once, cry once and all.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't trust Radical Arms guns, but that's me. Too untested, have issues, guaranteed to cut corners at that price.

You would think the only person out there willing to buy a cheapo 300bo rifle/pistol won't be shooting it almost ever.... it's not the cheapest round out there, and the type to buy Radical Arms guns also usually buys steel-cased .223 ammo. Without crazy cheap ammo to feed into their crazy cheap gun, it'll be a safe queen until they sell it to pay their next bill.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't trust Radical Arms guns, but that's me. Too untested, have issues, guaranteed to cut corners at that price.

You would think the only person out there willing to buy a cheapo 300bo rifle/pistol won't be shooting it almost ever.... it's not the cheapest round out there, and the type to buy Radical Arms guns also usually buys steel-cased .223 ammo. Without crazy cheap ammo to feed into their crazy cheap gun, it'll be a safe queen until they sell it to pay their next bill.
View Quote

Uh oh, I buy 223 steel case ammo sometimes...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's extremely stupid to say. Lots of people run steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I am very interested to see how it runs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered the Radial Arms 8.5" 300 Blackout upper since I already had a stripped PSA lower, bolt, charging handle, and Pistol build kit.  Paid $279 for the upper without a bolt or charging handle.  Wanted to do a pistol build and have been wanting to try the 300 blackout so I figured this would be a good way to get into the 300 blackout.  If this works well, I'll keep it for a truck gun.  Once I build and shoot it I'll post my thoughts on it.  

I ordered through Primary Arms and they were very fast and professional.   Ordered about noon and got a call about twenty minutes later making sure my order was what I wanted.  They shipped it out same day a couple of hours later.  Great service and will use them again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
HMMMMMMMMMMM

I bought my Radical upper after ready many positive reviews on them. I usually shoot factory loaded brass ammo or my reloads. Mine is definitely not a safe queen, I take it out and shoot as much as I can.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I took it out this evening while I was dove hunting to just do a "make sure it shoots" test run.  I ran 90 rounds of 55gr Federal .223 through it in fairly rapid succession.  About 10 rounds into both the first and second mag, I had one shell get caught upon ejection.  The new shell had been loaded and was in the chamber but the spent casing got caught for whatever reason upon eject.  A half a second to clear and it shot fine for the rest of the mag.  The last 30 shot mag ran flawless.

I shot it straight from the factory.  I didn't lube it or anything like that.  I'm sure it's dry as hell but I wanted to see what it would do

It's freaking loud and the muzzle flash is impressive if you like that sort of thing.  It does feel like a baby gun compared to my AR-10 as this is my first AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Ran another 100 rounds though it without any issues today after my dove hunt.  I haven't cleaned it or lubed it from what I received on the initial order.  My plan is to clean and lube before the next outing.  I'm impressed and happy so far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
According to their Facebook page they've been open for business either since sometime in 2012 or May 2013. Their posts are little confusing on that matter.

I've seen plenty of AR vendors come and go over the years and you never know who's going last until they do.

Their 10.5" bbls sell for $99.95. Aero stripped lowers are around $50. Stripped uppers are $69.95. The BCGs that come with their pistols aren't listed for sale on their site but I'd guess they'd sell for about $100. They don't have their brand of  10" rails listed for sale on their site but based upon the price of their 12" rails I'd guess the 10" sell for $140ish. They sell the SB-15 brace for $124.95 and their complete pistol receiver extension kit is $39.95. All the things I've listed come to $625 less the pistol grip, muzzle device, LPK, upper parts, and charging handle.

The only places I see them "cutting corners", IMHO, are on the barrel, the receiver extension and bolt but "cutting corners" is relative to cost and expectations. I wouldn't expect their barrel or BCG to be as robust as BCM's but their roughly half the price.

All this means is based upon the price of the parts they sell the pistols seem to be priced right.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I helped friends with 5 of the Radical Arms uppers. The first two had small problems. The first 8.5 300blk upper , the chamber was very tight Almost as if the reamer they were using  had been over used and worn. We hit it with a chamber reamer and the thing ran like a top. Just because the 300 had been so tight inspected the chamber of the 5.56 and it was rather rough. while it had no trouble dry cycling dummy ammo, We honed it and it runs silky smooth, Based on the experience 3 more guys from the club ordered them. A 16 inch 300 with a pistol length gas system that runs like a top . A another 8.5 300 That runs great and another 7.5 5.56 that runs great.  If you are handy at all these seem like quite the buy at their price point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#20]
just ordered the upper, now I gotta get a lower ordered.  Sucks I missed out on the complete pistol, but this'll work. :)

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a 7.5in. upper in 5.56 that runs perfect. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We will be getting more complete pistols next month but make sure you are on our mailing list. Lower deal very soon!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

just ordered the upper, now I gotta get a lower ordered.  Sucks I missed out on the complete pistol, but this'll work. :)

We will be getting more complete pistols next month but make sure you are on our mailing list. Lower deal very soon!!!

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#24]
In the first 100 rounds of my Radical Arms 7.5 (5.56) upper I had one FTF and one light primer strike. Fixed both with a buffer change (also felt the BCG needed some break-in time). Other than that the Radical upper I got runs great (about 800 rounds run thru it at this point). There is nothing I have seen about this upper that is "cheap or low-quality". The only thing I think that could use improvement is the stock free-float that it came with could be a little better (slightly out of spec rails will not fit XTM rail-covers). Good job Primary Arms people for offering a "cheaper-than-u-can-build" pistol with SB15 for such a great price! I will be getting 10.5 Radical uppers (in 300Blk & 5.56) uppers for my next 2 pistol builds.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#25]
still waiting on mine, anyone else get their pistol yet?

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#26]
got mine last friday. PA shipped it a day after i ordered it. have not had the chance to shoot it yet but the quad rail being out of spec is true. My Larue clips that usually would just snap in wouldn't, had to use a heat gun to flex it a bit. can't wait to shoot it this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#27]
My Larue clips went in just fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#28]
out of stock, all calibers and sizes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Radical firearms announced on their facebook page their delivery of the ar pistols and when PA will be having them in stock so I was able to get one as soon as it was in stock
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#30]
so what is the final verdict on these?  Too early to tell or have enough people had enough time to shoot them and feel they are a good entry at this price point?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered my 10.5 / 5.56 Friday (10-10-14)  Already marked as shipped!

Primary Arms are straight up, and if they like it, then I am sure I will like it!  I couldn't build it for that!  Cause I'd drop way more in parts that I would want, like NIBx BCG, and Raptor charging handle.
Now I can upgrade it over a period of time, and still be shooting it as I go!

Anyway - Can't wait to get it, for the price I don't think it can be beat!

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ordered my 10.5 / 5.56 Friday (10-10-14)  Already marked as shipped!

Primary Arms are straight up, and if they like it, then I am sure I will like it!  I couldn't build it for that!  Cause I'd drop way more in parts that I would want, like NIBx BCG, and Raptor charging handle.
Now I can upgrade it over a period of time, and still be shooting it as I go!

Anyway - Can't wait to get it, for the price I don't think it can be beat!

View Quote

Well I went for it as well. Had one to many margaritas last night and ordered the 10.5. I don't have a pistol yet so I figured for the price it would give me a chance to see how I like them. I was going to build one but with the parts list I have I am already at 1200$  More than I want to spend to test the platform. I will pick it up at their shop on Friday, my day off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Did the last 10.5 have a Carbine length gas system and the new listed ones have a pistol length gas system?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure about that since they are all listed as pistol length.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I had mine for almost 2 weeks now but still have to shoot it. My problem is that the quad rail is not milspec. Larue clips had to be heated up to fit, and now my pa micro dot won't align if I mount it between the quad rail and the upper. Quad Rail is slightly lower than the upper too. I just hope it does not malfunction. If so,  I may have to call them,  I know they have good cs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quad Rail is slightly lower than the upper too.
View Quote
So what does that mean for iron sight alignment?

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Eh, it doesn't seem like it would be any more expensive to use a rail that aligns with the receiver rail but then again, you get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Have had mine for a few weeks now..
Got the 5.56 7.5 pistol and put about 350 various rounds thru it with out a hiccup.
Every thing is lined up rail wise, put a Kak flash can,afg and my primary arms micro dot off my carbine, and didn't even have to rezero, lol.
Couldn't be happier, 630 bucks delivered ..
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It is always preferable to keep the optic on the upper receiver as it won't move. In no case do you want to bridge the gap with the optic. Given that info let me know if you have any other problems. They are using a entry level rail to keep the price down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had mine for almost 2 weeks now but still have to shoot it. My problem is that the quad rail is not milspec. Larue clips had to be heated up to fit, and now my pa micro dot won't align if I mount it between the quad rail and the upper. Quad Rail is slightly lower than the upper too. I just hope it does not malfunction. If so,  I may have to call them,  I know they have good cs.

It is always preferable to keep the optic on the upper receiver as it won't move. In no case do you want to bridge the gap with the optic. Given that info let me know if you have any other problems. They are using a entry level rail to keep the price down.

problem is i'd like to fit my pa microdot, vortex 3x magnifier and the magpul rear sight. i've already placed them are far rear as possible but i still have to eat a slot of the front rail. I'm aware it's an entry level rail and i'd like to get a quality rail like an slr rifleworks or a bcm kmr soon. one thing i'm unsure of is will it line up properly with the upper. if not, i'm doomed. Thanks Marshall for the assurance that problems will be resolved should it arise.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I will relay this to the guys at Radical
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, it doesn't seem like it would be any more expensive to use a rail that aligns with the receiver rail but then again, you get what you pay for.

I will relay this to the guys at Radical

it actually reached me with the rails obviously canted and noticed that the screw underneath the rail was loose. I tightened it and that's when i saw that it was slightly lower than the upper. Hopefully i will get to shoot it tuesday and as long as it runs smooth, these will be minor problems i can live with.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

The guy that posted pics. Lol.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will there be any 7.62x39 pistol?

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Eh, at that price I would wonder where they're cutting corners. A pistol shouldn't cost that much less than a rifle especially when the brace is much more expensive than your average stock.
I subscribe to the maxim "If it seems too good to be true it probably is."

View Quote

I am sure it isn't all tier 1 parts but when you consider that DPMS is selling .308s for $699, anderson lowers are below $40, Bushmaster .308 stripped lowers for $100, colt sells its CSR15 for $699, dpms sporticals for less than $550.  This isn't 07 prices anymore. These are the days people will be refering to when they say remember when....
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading is fundamental, moe.

I'll help:  Anyone ELSE get their pistol yet?

see how that one word changes everything, if you have the ability to read?

lol and ..!..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top