who has in stock the new sig sbx brace?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking at getting it as well
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I will wait till they have been out longer and the price goes down.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I am building my 3rd AR pistol now, and can't decide if I should get the new brace or another old style. I would love to see some better pics and a few end user write ups before buying the more expensive new style brace. Sad thing is that if I like it...I will have to buy 2 others to replace my old ones...arghhh!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the rumors of them discontinuing the original design have any truth to them?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the rumors of them discontinuing the original design have any truth to them?
View Quote

No, this is just another design because some don't like the look of the old style.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
It also seems that many place do NOT have the original sig brace in stock at this time. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The SBX brace is listed as not in stock, when you try to add it to the cart.

Any other sources?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the biggest difference between the two?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What shade of ugly do you prefer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one and like it, but that's some funny stuff right there! They are definitely function over form
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have one and like it, but that's some funny stuff right there! They are definitely function over form
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have the new SBX brace?

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one on my Diamondback Firearms DB15 7.5 FDE version of this AR pistol and I find that the pistol brace isn't that comfortable but I do make it work while shooting down range.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my opinion as well, fugly!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have one yet? I'm really curious to see how this looks on an AR pistol
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone have one yet? I'm really curious to see how this looks on an AR pistol
View Quote

No one seems to have the new one and the old ones are scarce.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I work for a Sig distributor, the "new" braces haven't shipped that I know of and I haven't seen the "old" model for a while.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran out and bought some after I read your post.
Osage County Guns had 3 on ebay. I bought all 3. Then they relisted 15. 5 of those had sold when I just looked. They are $122~ shipped.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
As for the difference between the two. The weight is significantly different. The old one weighs ~21.75 oz and the new one weighs ~10 oz. My source is a sig rep when I called into the number listed on Sig's website.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

As for the difference between the two. The weight is significantly different. The old one weighs ~21.75 oz and the new one weighs ~10 oz. My source is a sig rep when I called into the number listed on Sig's website.
View Quote
I just received a couple of SB-15s which I haven't mounted yet so I dropped one on a small digital scale and it weighed 11.89 ounces. I wonder if the weight you were given included the receiver extension? If that were true then the Sig receiver extension would account for 10 oz. and the SBX weight you were given would be zero which is is impossible. I could see the SBX weighing maybe 2-4 ounces less but not much more than that. Keep in mind that he braces are designed to make it easier to shoot the pistol with one hand so if the brace was too light the balance of the pistol would favor the front more.

For reference a Magpul STR weighs 12.32 ounces so the SB-15 really isn't heavy compared to a collapsible stock.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just received a couple of SB-15s which I haven't mounted yet so I dropped one on a small digital scale and it weighed 11.89 ounces. I wonder if the weight you were given included the receiver extension? If that were true then the Sig receiver extension would account for 10 oz. and the SBX weight you were given would be zero which is is impossible. I could see the SBX weighing maybe 2-4 ounces less but not much more than that. Keep in mind that he braces are designed to make it easier to shoot the pistol with one hand so if the brace was too light the balance of the pistol would favor the front more.

For reference a Magpul STR weighs 12.32 ounces so the SB-15 really isn't heavy compared to a collapsible stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points. Thanks for clarifying that for me. It looks like you're correct. Over on this blog, in the comments, the author weighs the two (without the receiver extension/buffer tube) and confirms that the SBX weighs 2.4oz less than the SB-15.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#22]
While the BATF has added staff, it would seem that the longer the SB15 has been on the market, the more they catch up.

Entirely possible it's because they aren't getting SBR stamp requests? After all, the SB15 is just about sold out. It may be because the market responded a lot more than was expected.

After all, it was originally a prosthetic device for one armed vets. I guess there were a lot more than we realized.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Seems like the major difference between the old and new brace is just the angled wing.  Anybody think we would be ok just cutting some material off the old brace in order to make the dimensions similar.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Seems like the major difference between the old and new brace is just the angled wing.  Anybody think we would be ok just cutting some material off the old brace in order to make the dimensions similar.
View Quote

There's a thread on that here somewhere, I can't find it at the moment, but someone did so quite successfully, looked good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm a fan of it

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Maddy for the pics.  Your pistol look nice for sure.

I found the new SBX in stock at http://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sbx-stabilizing-brace.html

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Now that I ordered mine, I'll share.

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-SBX-Pistol-Stabilizing-Brace-SBX-AR-BLK

16% off list price. 19 left
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-SBX-Pistol-Stabilizing-Brace-SBX-AR-BLK

View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Cheapest I have seen. Good find! Got mine today from Sig. Fits my KAK beautifully ,with the large spacer from KAK the pull is perfect.

I don't know how to post pics on this site or I would.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are my new best friend.

Free shipping too......I had one in my cart on a different website and bailed. with shipping, it was around $165.

Thank you!

Currently down to 13......go guys and gals...go!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Free shipping too......I had one in my cart on a different website and bailed. with shipping, it was around $165.

Thank you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

And they have a 20% off coupon code!  Got mine for $107.96 shipped!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

NOW you tell me:)

You can IM me if you like.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

None of the codes I'm finding work. Mind sharing?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, do us all a huge favor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes, do us all a huge favor.
View Quote

Pretty Please.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Is there a code?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Just FYI,  I wouldn't give the place any rewards for fast processing, mine hasn't even shipped yet. I am spoiled by most of the places that have it delivered in 3-4 days, not still in processing for 10 days before it even ships.

Oh well, they had a good price anyway.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I got mine from Osage county gun off ebay, it was about $150. I honestly don't like it as much as the original. The flaps are softer that the sb15.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top