Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2014 2:31:08 PM EDT
This is my first pistol build but I am very happy how it turned out. Took it yesterday and got it dialed in. Everything functioned as I was hoping for.
7.5 Hardened Arms upper
PSA Blem lower
MAGPUL Pistol buffer tube
MAGPUL LPK
H-3 buffer
YHM Phantom comp.
Hogue grip
BCG from EE
Vector reflex sight
EverBright light

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you get some more pics of the pistol buffer tube? It doesn't look anything like the ones I have from PSA.
What is the length of the tube from the back of the threads?

Nice build by the way.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The tube is 7 5/16 overall and measures 6" from end of tube to the first thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it. I'm starting a pistol build. How does it group? That barrel is a 1/9 correct?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it. I'm starting a pistol build. How does it group? That barrel is a 1/9 correct?
View Quote

Was getting 2-3" groups at 25 to 50 yds. It's a 1/7 twist.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I see it now. that's pretty good. I think I may go the 7.5 route. Thanks for the hardened arms info.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The tube is 7 5/16 overall and measures 6" from end of tube to the first thread.
View Quote

Is this tube the one you ordered?
The measurements you gave are indeed shorter than the tubes I have on hand. I've been trying to source some of these shorter, fatter tubes recently and your pic got me excited.
The fluting you see in the pic at that link is more representative of what I have, but the one I'm trying to find has no fluting on it at all, just as yours does not appear to have any fluting.
That 6" tube length is really handy if you're trying to build a pistol with an SB15 brace on it, but keep it as compact as possible. The 6" tube doesn't stick out the end of the brace or touch your shoulder / collar bone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The measurements you gave are indeed shorter than the tubes I have on hand. I've been trying to source some of these shorter, fatter tubes recently and your pic got me excited.
The fluting you see in the pic at that link is more representative of what I have, but the one I'm trying to find has no fluting on it at all, just as yours does not appear to have any fluting.
That 6" tube length is really handy if you're trying to build a pistol with an SB15 brace on it, but keep it as compact as possible. The 6" tube doesn't stick out the end of the brace or touch your shoulder / collar bone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the buffer as part of a pistol kit off of E-bay. It was the tube, buffer and spring and the LPK and single point sling. It was represented as a PSA kit so I assumed it was/is .No that is not the tube. There are no fluting slots. Just round.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, thank you for your info.
I know that Radical Firearms sells one like that, but I was hoping I could find it elsewhere because they are way swamped with orders right now.
I just wish I knew the manufacturer, but there are no logos on the one I got to play with in person.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the kit I bought....Upon further review it is a MAGPUL  buffer and LPK that is marketed by PSA. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lower-Parts-Kit-223-5-56-pistol-buffer-tube-Free-Sling-and-Adapter-MIL-Spec-/181383329199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3b49f5af
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So, as a "budget build", what was the cost completed?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Somewhere around $ 545.00
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Well done.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a nice budget.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top