Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 12:47:56 PM EDT
From the Sig Store.

It's a bit spendy at $149. Anyone bought one yet?

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not make one that just fits on a standard CAR tube? Some peoples arms are longer than others. Seems like it should be able to adjust.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I just can't really deal with the aesthetic of this one (not that the original was a looker)...not sure why...may have to pick one up and see for myself tho.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I may pick one up. It may look good on my M92 PAP.. it has got to be lighter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't like it compared to the original, seems much flimsier.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If it has the same thickness of material in the cross section as the original, it should be solid enough to serve. The SB15 is pretty damned sturdy... like a cut tire
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it has the same thickness of material in the cross section as the original, it should be solid enough to serve. The SB15 is pretty damned sturdy... like a cut tire
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What concerns me is that the forearm strap part, being vertical, might flex more if pressed against something (like a shoulder). Also, the part which interfaces with the receiver extension seems like it would give a much worse cheek weld, were the product to be grossly misused.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If it is truly stiffer material like Sig says it is, I like this design generally better. Just seems lighter and more streamlined. Curl the flaps up inside and you'll have a stiff compact package.

I can't imagine Sig would put something in the market that is worse for use than the previous product unless their hand was forced of course.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Less bulk and looks more like a stock than the original. If it performs as well used "improperly", I'd call it a winner.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been wondering. The buffer tube design makes sense for AR-based pistols - which require the tube. For other guns, such as an AK or an HK type, you typically have a thinner "stock" strut. Why not create something with a thinner strut but still have the wings to attach it on the forearm? There's definitely a market for that outside of the AR world. Just some thoughts....

I kinda like this one because it's a departure from the M4 stock "look". But as I pointed out, it's still based on that buffer tube attachment design.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been wondering. The buffer tube design makes sense for AR-based pistols - which require the tube. For other guns, such as an AK or an HK type, you typically have a thinner "stock" strut. Why not create something with a thinner strut but still have the wings to attach it on the forearm? There's definitely a market for that outside of the AR world. Just some thoughts....

I kinda like this one because it's a departure from the M4 stock "look". But as I pointed out, it's still based on that buffer tube attachment design.
View Quote

Well, maybe I don't get it, but SB47 already works pretty well for AKs if you don't want to modify anything. You can even change out the tube inside the brace for a longer one to increase LOP some.

And though it costs more, easy to use the a grip adapter straight to AR style buffer tube and use SB15 if you like.

- OS

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, maybe I don't get it, but SB47 already works pretty well for AKs if you don't want to modify anything. You can even change out the tube inside the brace for a longer one to increase LOP some.

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2014/02/21/2722280_02_sig_sauer_sb47_ak_pistol_stabi_640.jpg

And though it costs more, easy to use the a grip adapter straight to AR style buffer tube and use SB15 if you like.

- OS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2014/02/21/2722280_02_sig_sauer_sb47_ak_pistol_stabi_640.jpg

- OS

I'm referring to the M4 tube adapter. AKs don't have M4 buffer tubes. Perhaps some pics might help.

Here's an SBR Glock on a KPOS - notice the wire stock

Or this, an MP5

Here's the same KPOS pistol version (twice the girth when folded and it looks weird)

Same with the MP5 pistol

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm referring to the M4 tube adapter. AKs don't have M4 buffer tubes. Perhaps some pics might help. ..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

I'm referring to the M4 tube adapter. AKs don't have M4 buffer tubes. Perhaps some pics might help. ..

I get all that, but was pointing out that the SB47 doesn't require buffer tube for attachment to an AK at least.

I'd think the market rather small overall for the other examples you show, but maybe I'm wrong.

- OS

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I get all that, but was pointing out that the SB47 doesn't require buffer tube for attachment to an AK at least.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/5/582162_ts.jpg

I'd think the market rather small overall for the other examples you show, but maybe I'm wrong.

- OS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/5/582162_ts.jpg

- OS

Thats right, because the tube is built-in. Not looking to duplicate the various stock profilles, just want it to be thinner than the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I think the thickness of the tube is partly what allows for a good cheek weld while still maintaining a good height for the forearm to be captured in.

But yeah, I see what you're getting at as far as different versions for different weapon types. Give it some time....Hell, by this time next year the product category will have probably doubled.

Anyways, I'm real excited to try this smaller lighter brace on an AR. I wonder what I could get for my old braces on the EE?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#15]
After poking arround and using search,
Why release a second version, are they dropping the original?
I want one of the originals, but was going to wait to pick one up...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've heard reports both ways, as to whether they'll keep making the old one. The newer version seems to visually mimic the MPX stock. I also wonder if the new one gets them out of having to license from the brace's inventor, or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll sell you one of mine
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've heard reports both ways, as to whether they'll keep making the old one. The newer version seems to visually mimic the MPX stock. I also wonder if the new one gets them out of having to license from the brace's inventor, or something along those lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I think is happening.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious how they rolled this out without touting a separate letter of approval, it being significantly different from the first one and all. Even the product page for the SBX only mentions the approval for the SB15.

Then again, SIG being the heavyweight it is with so many gummit connections, I guess there was probably behind the scenes communication first.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first thought also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#21]
When does the Chinese copy hit the market @ $35?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm curious how they rolled this out without touting a separate letter of approval, it being significantly different from the first one and all. Even the product page for the SBX only mentions the approval for the SB15.

Then again, SIG being the heavyweight it is with so many gummit connections, I guess there was probably behind the scenes communication first.

- OS
View Quote

Oh shit...sounds like the akins accelerator all over again.
Surly, Sig is too smart to try and bring a new version to market without a new letter?

Hmmm, nope, as I re-read the web page it looks like they are indeed calling this an "SB 15".
I hope for the sake of all of those who bought them, that they know what they are doing.

Should we call them and ask for details on this matter?
Here's their Contact Page
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"SIG SAUER® introduces the SBX Pistol Stabilizing Brace, an update to the SB15 Pistol Stabilizing brace, a shooter’s aid that is designed to improve the single-handed shooting performance of buffer tube equipped pistols. The SBX features a more slim design with a thicker strap for extra stability.

This veteran-designed and U.S.-manufactured accessory enhances accuracy and reduces felt recoil when using an AR-style pistol.

Made from high-quality, elasto-polymer, the SB15 is manufactured to close tolerances and fits all pistols equipped with an AR-style buffer tube 1.0” – 1.2” in diameter. The Pistol Stabilizing Brace uses the operator’s forearm to provide stable support, thereby minimizing accuracy-robbing spin and shift. A flexible cuff with two adjustable nylon straps allows the SB15 to be custom fit to any user.

Features
- Fits all pistols equipped with an AR-style buffer tube 1.0" - 1.2" in diameter.
- ATF compliant*
- Veteran designed
- Made in USA
- Quick and easy to install"

The quotes in red above are found in the product description of the new brace, so I think it's safe to assume they are not trying to stick it to Bosco.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What concerns me is that the forearm strap part, being vertical, might flex more if pressed against something (like a shoulder). Also, the part which interfaces with the receiver extension seems like it would give a much worse cheek weld, were the product to be grossly misused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont worry about the cheek weld. My duty M4A1 has the original buttstock on it and provides all that is there for cheek weld, while newer stocks provide better cheek weld it still works. i dont think the cheek weld difference will be any more pronounced than the difference between ... say an ctr stock and the original m4 colt stock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been waiting to buy one until these new ones are available, I like the look of these better but would like to try one in person before buying one.

Stickman posted a picture of one on a .308 ar, looks nice.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#26]
that rib on top seems as if it would interefere with your cheek weld???

--anyone--using or held one of these yet/?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
that rib on top seems as if it would interefere with your cheek weld???

--anyone--using or held one of these yet/?
View Quote

Still vaporware AFAIK.  Still wonder if ATF prob may exist, see no advantage for all the hype without product at this point.

- OS
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#28]
they have the problem with the sbx rail the atf will not approve it,claiming its a suppressor part if i remember?need more companies like Sig Sauer standing up or rocking the boat,.whoever invented this idea i hope is kickin back on the beach somewhere
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
they have the problem with the sbx rail the atf will not approve it,claiming its a suppressor part if i remember?...
View Quote

All that hoopla is over the SIG MPX firearm and its muzzle device. This thread is about the SBX stabilizing brace.

- OS

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I actually really like the original, have 4, but I'm waiting for the new one for my last build just to have something different.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#31]
SBX link just went hot on the SigStore. Ordered mine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone bought and tried one of these new versions? I would really like to know if these hold up to being shouldered.  I am building a pistol and would much rather have this lighter (looking) and smaller version assuming it is as rigid as the original .
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anyone bought and tried one of these new versions? I would really like to know if these hold up to being shouldered.  I am building a pistol and would much rather have this lighter (looking) and smaller version assuming it is as rigid as the original .
View Quote

I have both. Have SBX on an AK pistol. Excellent. Feels better being improperly used than the SB-15 to me. Think it has to do with the captured tube channel.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep, excellent.  Wings are very sturdy shouldering.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#35]
And know is the time to stop mentioning any unintentional use of our regarded products....
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And know is the time to stop mentioning any unintentional use of our regarded products....
View Quote

You think the cat's not really been out of the bag for a long time now, huh?

- OS
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top