Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 10:21:49 AM EDT
Curious which single point sling you guys are using.  I have the QD attachment at the buffer tube.  Single point seems easier with a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Curious which single point sling you guys are using.  I have the QD attachment at the buffer tube.  Single point seems easier with a pistol.
View Quote

I just make mine. Use as double or clip together as single. You could replace one of the HK type clips with a male QD instead, still clip the HK to the the other end in one way or the other.

- OS
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
SpecterGear Viper. I have used their MOUT but Viper is better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Still using an old Troy
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Been looking for one that cinches up close to the body but has a quick release to extend. Any good ones that fit this without draining my wallet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Vickers 221.  I have both kinds (padded and unpadded) and I prefer the unpadded.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul MS4 Convertible with the QD attachment points.  Seems to do the trick rather solidly and I really like the thing.  I was thinking I may hate it because of some of the reviews, but she works super nice.  I can loosen it for taking it off and on and tighten it up, while its on me to get that nice snug feel.  Or if I just need it a little higher and tighter to rest on when my pistol is not in use.  

I haven't used it as a 2 point sling yet but I am sure it would work fine in that regard as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul MS3.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Best one I every found was some cheapy thing I got on amazon for 5 bucks extra when buying an end plate. Nice and flat, light; fit perfect.
Tried to order it again for another one and got something I could use to tie a large boat to the dock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best one I every found was some cheapy thing I got on amazon for 5 bucks extra when buying an end plate. Nice and flat, light; fit perfect.
Tried to order it again for another one and got something I could use to tie a large boat to the dock.
View Quote

I have the same one. $5 and it does the job. Have a 1/4" loop on the end plate the it fits just fine. Couldn't find the sling again when I looked to buy another one today. Midway has a similar one for $10.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Damage Industries quick adjust 1 point
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Yup,  this is what I've been using on my AR Pistols as well.  Works great and can be quickly changed from a 1 point to a 2 point sling configuration.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Stock USGI strap in a loop.  Works fine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup,  this is what I've been using on my AR Pistols as well.  Works great and can be quickly changed from a 1 point to a 2 point sling configuration.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Any more pics of sling set-ups on an AR pistol?

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Just finished my first AR-15 build.  It was a great experience and I got some really good info on this site on what to do and what not to do.
I am running a single point sling from Phase 5 Tactical on a Magpul Ambi sling attachment.  The sling is Kyptek Typhon cammo pattern.  I haven't used either enough to really know if I like them but the quality of both is outstanding.  Only concern I have is that the Magpul attachment rattles which can be annoying. I'm waiting for the Phase 5 Ambi sling attachment to get in stock.  As soon as it does I'll be replacing the Magpul.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Still using an old Troy
View Quote

Same here. It works ok. but the adjustment buckle arrangement makes me crazy. I have a Magpul MS3 sitting in the package for the next pistol.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just finished my first AR-15 build.  It was a great experience and I got some really good info on this site on what to do and what not to do.

I am running a single point sling from Phase 5 Tactical on a Magpul Ambi sling attachment.  The sling is Kyptek Typhon cammo pattern.  I haven't used either enough to really know if I like them but the quality of both is outstanding.  Only concern I have is that the Magpul attachment rattles which can be annoying. I'm waiting for the Phase 5 Ambi sling attachment to get in stock.  As soon as it does I'll be replacing the Magpul.  

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/afletcher1965/image3small_zpscb7e3c19.jpg

View Quote

That is why I prefer the I Kick Hippies SLAP plate No jingle if nothing attached
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Will the Magpul MS3 sling clip directly onto the SLAP plate, or the KZ Rear Sling Adapter?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have tried a shot load of them and have settled on the MS4.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I have played with a single point bungee sling today on my AR rifle and I think I made the realization that it isnt for me....
Seems to put more "spring" into the rifle; making the rifle jump around on my chest when I let it hang and move around.
I think I will buy a MS3 or MS4 and not even look into another bungee.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That is why I prefer the I Kick Hippies SLAP plate No jingle if nothing attached
https://4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product/xikhslap.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/afletcher1965/image3small_zpscb7e3c19.jpg

https://4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product/xikhslap.jpg

+1 on the SLAP

And I am using a cheapo 19.95 job from AIM I plan on buying something a little nicer soon enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I Kick Hippies SLAP, and a Magpul V1 on all my ARs Id like to try a newer version of the magpul but if it aint broke,,,,,
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#24]
MS3 on an ASAP.  ASAP jingles when the sling is not hooked up, might get you killed while doing Ninja missions.  Other than that I enjoy it.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top