Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2014 7:31:59 AM EDT
Starting my first AR pistol build and need some advice on components,  I'm debating between the kak tube and the midwest industries tube I'm torn between the two.  Would love to see pics and what made you choose the one you have.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you plan on running a Sig Brace?  If so the KAK super tube is a popular choice.  If you are just putting a foam cover on a pistol tube then a standard pistol tube from someone like Spikes is a solid choice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the sig brace on both of my pistol builds.

My first build was going for compactness. It had a 7.5" barrel and used the phase 5 pistol tube. When the brace was pushed all the way on the tube came perfectly to the back of the brace to help with shouldering. Also part of the brace actually perfectly matches with a standard AR endplate, which will prevent the brace from ever rotating which I really like.

My second build was a 10.5" Barrel. That one I used the KAK super SB15 tube. That tube gives you some extra LOP but for me primarily it added enough OAL for me to be able to put a VFG on it, which was the reason for that build.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I'm putting a sig brace on the tube, I'm still debating on a 10.5 or 11.5 barrel
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top