Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2014 6:39:37 AM EDT
Is there any reason a Magpul ASAP woudnt work with a pistol buffer without some modifications? I read a thread where people were talking about not using the tab thats included with the ASAP, but im not exactly sure why.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the buffer tube. Most don't have the slot that is used to keep the end plate from rotating.

The KAK industries Super SB15 buffer tube uses a castle nut and standard style end plates. I have the ASAP on my pistol using the SB15. Not sure if you planned on using the brace or not.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I plan on using a Sig brace. Would you recommend I use the KAK buffer tube instead if I plan on using the ASAP?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Spikes Pistol buffer tube allows you to use the ASAP without modification. It's also a tight fit with the Sig brace. Let me check my Pistol lower to confirm that it has a slotted end plate to confirm though...

ETA-
It does
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I plan on using a Sig brace. Would you recommend I use the KAK buffer tube instead if I plan on using the ASAP?
View Quote

Absolutely. The adjustable "LOP" is worth it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the ASAP on my pistol build while waiting for the stamp to come back. If I remember correctly I just omitted the small piece that fits in the notch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Spikes tube with the ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate my ASAP.  the thing is loud and rattles all the time.  The ring seems to alway get stuck on the wrong side.

That could be a reason for cutting the ring off.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top