Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 10:06:30 PM EDT
I recently decided to build a pistol (still working on another build). I want to start picking up pieces as I finish the other build to save on shipping and take advantage of good buys. With that being said I want to start with the barrel and work my way around it.

I want an 11.5" barrel that will be accurate, light, reliable, and affordable so I can spend money on other parts and optics.

My question is which fulfills my needs best? CMMG, Del-Ton, DPMS, Spike's (why are these so hard to find?)

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you asking about lowers or uppers or what?

Lowers there are lots of cheaper options PSA, or Anderson, get a blem lower 99% of the time you won't be able to find the blemish.

As far as uppers if you want a 11.5" that may limit you a bit, BCM makes a nice 11.5" otherwise if you go 10.5" there are more options, PSA to name one. If you go with the sig brace and KAK tube you will still be over 26" with a 10.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Midway has a DPMS 11.5 in stock, and free shipping right now. I have had a couple longer barrels from them and no issues at all.

barrel

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies..

At the moment just looking at barrels. Does anyone make one sub $100? So I can check specs against other options?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
You never mention caliber.  I have an 11.5" 300BO I'll sell ya if you're interested.  Nice barrel, just doesn't play nice with the Adams Arms piston system I came to realize.  Had to replace it and was going to EE it when I got around to it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies..

At the moment just looking at barrels. Does anyone make one sub $100? So I can check specs against other options?
View Quote

Most likely not your kind of looking at a low volume barrel size.  10-10.5" is probably the most popular followed by 7.5". Most 11.5" are going to be in the $150-300 range
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top