Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 4:07:50 PM EDT
Am I smart or stupid? I'm wanting to build a pistol with a 6-8" barrel I can run one of my 45 cans on. Where do I find a barrel and bolt??  Any special parts I need? What happened to DDLES? Seems like a great idea!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Macon Armory (Rudy - aka...Mad Machinist) and there is another in Florida RMWXtreme (Ron Williams). Ron is building my upper for my DDLES .45. It's a DI and not blow back. For what I understand, the gas system is proprietary (Ron and Rudy designed it if I was told right). You won't find a barrel or bolt out on the market. Olympic made a blow back upper, some have had good luck and others, problems. Rudy makes an upper with a mag block for the lower (standard lower) that accepts H&K USC single stack mags. Others use a lower from CNCGuns.com that use Grease Gun mags. So far it's been 2 weeks waiting for my upper build. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Already got 6 Kriss Vector mags and a bag full of standard 13 round Glock mags. Hope all this helps...
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, and for what I've found, DDLES went out of business...something with bad business practices or something like that. For what I've read - if it's on the net it's true, right?...the were not fulfilling orders but taking the payments. I'm sure there has to be more to this...I mean, a demand that you cannot keep up with??? Isn't that a small businesses dream?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact Macon Armory (Rudy - aka...Mad Machinist) and there is another in Florida RMWXtreme (Ron Williams). Ron is building my upper for my DDLES .45. It's a DI and not blow back. For what I understand, the gas system is proprietary (Ron and Rudy designed it if I was told right). You won't find a barrel or bolt out on the market. Olympic made a blow back upper, some have had good luck and others, problems. Rudy makes an upper with a mag block for the lower (standard lower) that accepts H&K USC single stack mags. Others use a lower from CNCGuns.com that use Grease Gun mags. So far it's been 2 weeks waiting for my upper build. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Already got 6 Kriss Vector mags and a bag full of standard 13 round Glock mags. Hope all this helps...
View Quote

Agree. Contact Ron Williams. While I don't own one of his uppers I can tell you that many people here swear by him. I messaged with him about some ideas I had and he gave some great advice even though I wasn't purchasing something from him.

I would also suggest posting here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Ron also sells his own grease gun lower which is very nice. He can build you a complete gun, a complete upper or any of the parts for you to build it yourself.
RMWXTREME
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top