Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2014 12:58:05 PM EDT
I have a rra direct impingement ar pistol. ..went to go put some rounds down the pipe yesterday and ran into an issue.     It shot 3 0r 4 fine. But then went single shot...  it would eject and feed a new round but the hammer was failing to reset.

Is the gas port too small on these?     Are there known issues?      I did some research but was mostly getting info for their pds pistols. ..
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one so maybe I'm wrong... Your problem does not sound like a port/gas or other cycling issue, sounds like the hammer is not catching the disconnector. Try this, take the upper off, decock the hammer and hold the trigger fully to the rear, now, try and reset the hammer. did the disconnector grab and hold the hammer or does holding back the trigger keep it from catching?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't own one so maybe I'm wrong... Your problem does not sound like a port/gas or other cycling issue, sounds like the hammer is not catching the disconnector. Try this, take the upper off, decock the hammer and hold the trigger fully to the rear, now, try and reset the hammer. did the disconnector grab and hold the hammer or does holding back the trigger keep it from catching?
View Quote

I was thinking something along problems with your FCG as well, however being that I am still rather new to the AR platform I have no further info to offer other than to reiterate that it does not sound at least at this point like a port/gas issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]

I was thinking something along problems with your FCG as well, however being that I am still rather new to the AR platform I have no further info to offer other than to reiterate that it does not sound at least at this point like a port/gas issue.
View Quote

Yeah sounds FCG related to me as well. I don't know the RRA line up... Heck I'm not even sure what a "direct gas pistol" is... I'm assuming OP means DI. On DI AR's pistol or not the hammer is reset about half way thru the rearward movement of the BCG, it's impossible for the BCG to travel back far enough to eject and feed and not reset the hammer.... the hammer has to be following the bolt instead of being captured by the disconnector.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah sounds FCG related to me as well. I don't know the RRA line up... Heck I'm not even sure what a "direct gas pistol" is... I'm assuming OP means DI. On DI AR's pistol or not the hammer is reset about half way thru the rearward movement of the BCG, it's impossible for the BCG to travel back far enough to eject and feed and not reset the hammer.... the hammer has to be following the bolt instead of being captured by the disconnector.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.  DI.  Not piston.     Most of the info I have found is for the pds pistol from rock river. ....
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Problem fixed.    It was the trigger.     When I did the trigger job I cut the secondary sear on a slightly negative angle and it wasn't hooking.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top