Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2014 10:26:35 AM EDT
So I will be going with the DD MK18 upper, or I will piece it together myself.

Was thinking about going with the Spikes pistol buffer kit. Would I be able to use the Exile Machine buffer tube cover? Or would I be limited to Spike's cover?

Here is my other option and question. I also was thinking about going with the Sig Arm Brace? Will the brace fit on the Spikes pistol buffer tube? Does anyone know what the OAL would be with a 10.3" barrel w/ the Spikes tube and then with the Sig brace? Or would it be the same? Just curious if I would be able to put a true vertical grip on it. My guess is no, that it would be under 26"

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I just did a MFaketeen Mod CIV pistol build.    Actually just a rather inaccurate replica of a Mod 0, using a PSA 10.5 upper and some KAC stuff.  

However I do not know much about the Spikes tubes.  On mine I used a KAK Super tube(the one that accepts the castle nut) and with the 10.5 barrel am at about 26.5-27" in OAL.  I believe the KAK tube has a length of 8" and is really a quality piece of kit, I am using it with the smaller spacer for the brace as well.  I would recommend it if you are going the brace route.  

Otherwise the Spikes tube probably should work since I think you can order custom sizes from ExileMachine, but I have not ordered form there so I am not completely sure on that part.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the spikes buffer tube on my 10.5 with the Exile foam tube.  Perfect fit.  I choose the longer foam tube and my charging handle drug a little the first hundred times I cycled it.  Not anymore.  If you get the longer foam tube you can always cut it down a little.  Added the CAA sidesaddle over the tube and foam.

I do not believe you will reach the magic number with the Spikes tube.  The KAK super is the way to go if you are going with the Sig brace.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
After doing a little research the Sig brace will fit the Spikes tube, but I'm thinking about going with the Exile 'rubber' cover and use one of their pistol tube rubber bumpers inside
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the spikes buffer tube on my 10.5 with the Exile foam tube.  Perfect fit.  I choose the longer foam tube and my charging handle drug a little the first hundred times I cycled it.  Not anymore.  If you get the longer foam tube you can always cut it down a little.  Added the CAA sidesaddle over the tube and foam.

I do not believe you will reach the magic number with the Spikes tube.  The KAK super is the way to go if you are going with the Sig brace.
View Quote

That is a good point.  If you are planning on using a Vertical Fore Grip you might not have the length with the Spikes tube.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That is a good point.  If you are planning on using a Vertical Fore Grip you might not have the length with the Spikes tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He won't. KAK or I believe the new MI buffer tube
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're going with the sig brace I'd recommend the kac tube. You can get the kit from them and it's around $200 for everything. That's what I used on my MK18 pistol and I love it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
So leaning towards the Sig brace now. I knew it was just a matter of time before I gave in

So looking at the KAK pistol buffer tube kit, are you guys using the one with the actual castle nut? I see they offer quite a few with some other kind of bare threaded collar / nut. I think I would prefer the actual castle nut though
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Get this one without QD end plate...$162 shipped with coupon code ...SB-15
SB15 package

Or with QD end plate for about $179 shipped, with the same coupon code.
SB package with QD end plate

Jump on it while in stock and 3 days left for the 20% discount, hard pressed to find all of those parts for less.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I am rocking the castle nut version, i.e. the KAK Super Sig Tube.  I personally believe that a staked castle nut is/will always be stronger than loc-tite on my buffer tube, so thats why I took that route.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a DD MK18 Upper on a Riflegear Lower with the KAK SB15 Tube and Brace.

It comes in at about 26.5 inches OAL.

It is a GREAT setup and looks a lot like this one:

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]
if you go with the super kac tube you will be over the 26" oal requirement
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks gents. KAK tube w/castle nut and Sig brace it is then
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top