Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2014 11:20:42 AM EDT
So with the news now out that the KX5 is available in 7.62 I have ordered one. So now it is time to finish this thing. Just a couple questions.

1)The only thing I need now is a Noveske NSR. I am thinking about getting the 11 inch NSR. The next one up is 13.5. I want the NSR to cover the end of
the barrel and then the KX5 to stick out a bit. Do you think 11 is the way to go? I measured it up as best as I could and from what I could
tell with a 13.5 NSR it would be sticking out past the KX5!! Can anyone shed some light here that knows? Thanks in advance!

2) I want this to be a firearm so I can attach a VFG to it. From what I think I have read I would need to switch out the Phase 5 Pistol Buffer tube
for a different one. Which one should I get so that my OAL with be greater than 26 inches and I can run a VFG. Thanks in advance!

Lower:
Aero Precision Stripped Lower Receiver - Cal Multi
RRA Lower Parts Kit
Phase 5 Pistol Buffer tube w/ Foam Pad

Upper Receiver:
Alpha Shooting Sports 10.5 300BLK Barrel
Aero Precision Stripped Upper Receiver
Forward Assist, Dust Cover Kit
Spikes Tactical Charging Handle
Spikes Tactical Melonite Pistol Length Gas Tube
Kies Adjustable Lo-Pro Gas Block
WMD NiB-X Bolt Carrier Group
Noveske KX5 7.62 Muzzle Device(ORDERED)
Noveske NSR 11(NOT ORDERED YET)

Still Need Items:
Back Up Iron Sights
Vertical Grip
Sling and Mounts(any suggestions?)
Weapon Light(any suggestions?)
EOTech SPS2-2 Blackout or AimPoint PRO(any suggestions?)
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
kak super tube

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Was surprised that is a suppressor. Looks just like my KAK flash can. Can you take a frontal pic? Just want to see what it looks like for it being a suppressor vs a plain can thats not controlled by BATF.
http://www.kakindustry.com/lr-308-parts/kak-industry-flash-can-5-8
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The Noveske KX5 is not a supressor. Kind of confused by your reply. Ill post pics once I have it. Its like the flash can but has a steel insert instead of all alumium. Its supposed to make it last. Naturally it is heavy!

Anyone have anything they can add about how the NSR 11 will look with the KX5 on a 10.5" barrel?

Thanks!

-Cosset
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I typed 11" NSR with KX5 in google and had good results
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of the "firearm' configuration? I know it allows you to attach a VFG, but is that really worth the added length, or was this more of a because i can build. Regardless, sounds like a fun project.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Most are achieving the 26" length with the KAK pistol buffer tube.  It is slightly longer and gets close to an ideal length when shouldering the Sig brace.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of the "firearm' configuration? I know it allows you to attach a VFG, but is that really worth the added length, or was this more of a because i can build. Regardless, sounds like a fun project.
View Quote
It just depends on how you want to configure it.  I have a 10.5" with the KAK tube for the wife, but I don't plan on using a VFG...

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Anyone have anything they can add about how the NSR 11 will look with the KX5 on a 10.5" barrel?

-Cosset
View Quote

The KX5 is 3.25 inches, plus the 10.5 inch barrel = 13.75 inches
But subtract about 0.5 inches for retraction after KX5 is screwed on for an approximate OAL of about 13.25 inches.
So with the NSR 11, the KX5 would stick out from the rail about 2 inches.

Closest example I found is below, where it's a 13.75 inch barrel with a KX5, mounted under an NSR 15.
13.75 + 3.25 - 0.5 = 16.5 OAL.
So with the NSR 15, the KX5 sticks out 1.5 inches

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/products/STCK5770_A.jpg?v=1387205936
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But subtract about 0.5 inches for retraction after KX5 is screwed on for an approximate OAL of about 13.25 inches.

Closest example I found is below, where it's a 13.75 inch barrel with a KX5, mounted under an NSR 15.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Cosset

nice set up
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Noveske KX5 is not a supressor. Kind of confused by your reply. Ill post pics once I have it. Its like the flash can but has a steel insert instead of all alumium. Its supposed to make it last. Naturally it is heavy!
-Cosset
View Quote

http://www.shopnoveske.com/products/kx5-flash-suppressor-w-crush-washer
If this is what you have, I am looking at what they are calling it,"KX5 flash Suppressor". And states its classified as a flash suppressor by BATF FTB. Am I reading this wrong?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:30:03 AM EDT
[#11]
You are reading it correctly. It is classified as a flash suppressor. This is the same idea as an A2 Birdcage Flash Suppressor. This has nothing o do with a sound suppressor(silencer). I think you may be confused about the difference between a Flash Suppressor and a Sound Suppressor. It happens.

NFAFUN = Thank you for that info. This is exactly the information I was looking for!

On a side note. I think I am going to go with the Fortis SHIFT Vertical Grip - Keymod although I am game for any suggestions you all might have :)

Once this is complete I am going to SBR the firearm :)

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You are reading it correctly. It is classified as a flash suppressor. This is the same idea as an A2 Birdcage Flash Suppressor. This has nothing o do with a sound suppressor(silencer). I think you may be confused about the difference between a Flash Suppressor and a Sound Suppressor. It happens.
View Quote

Thanks. read into it seeing the BATF info on the bottom. Looks good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I went with this tube and a 10.5. Without a muzzle device, it's right at 27".
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had this tube first and ordered the KAK Super tube thinking it was going to be longer.  This tube is the same length as the KAK Super tube, which is the longest available that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

So with thos you use your Carbine castle nut and the plate that gos on the receiver end and CAR buffer and spring???
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So with thos you use your Carbine castle nut and the plate that gos on the receiver end and CAR buffer and spring???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had this tube first and ordered the KAK Super tube thinking it was going to be longer.  This tube is the same length as the KAK Super tube, which is the longest available that I know of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They both provide a measurement but KAK measures from the endplate "THIS TUBE EXTENDS FROM THE RECEIVER 8.45 FROM THE ENDPLATE", while the one on amazon states 9" oal for the tube.

ETA went and measured mine from the endplate and it's a cunt hair over 8.5"
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top