BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I contacted STD right after posting here.

I got a surprisingly very prompt response back from Jim @ STD & here is what he had to say:

"No, there's no impact on anything with respect to where the flutes are oriented.

The only reason to index the device is personal aesthetic taste, but they were designed to be used without shims or a crush washer so there's no down side to removing the STD and cleaning the crown from time to time".

Should be here early next week & looking forward to it.  Using it with a 5.45 7.5" adams arms upper that is just  crazy in an indoor stall.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Alright, so as I piece together my pistol upper, I'm stuck on comps.  From everything Ive read, a linear comp REALLY helps deal with the concussion.  I know of the Noveske, Levang, Hera, KAK, PWS.  Are any better than any others?
View Quote

Here is my 7.5" pistol build with a KX3 Noveske Pig and a 9" Seekings Precision BAR rail.  The Pig works well and is very tame in a short barrel.  I'm about to build a 10.5" build next and will probably use the same linear comp because it just works.

" />
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy Claymore
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I am building my first pistol and initially figured that I would need to go with the KX3/KX5, but it sounds like most of you think the linear comps work just as well at redirecting pressure at a much smaller size. Now you have me torn between the STD and Kaw Valley. Sounds like I can't really go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get a KAK flash can for about $30
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I am building my first pistol and initially figured that I would need to go with the KX3/KX5, but it sounds like most of you think the linear comps work just as well at redirecting pressure at a much smaller size. Now you have me torn between the STD and Kaw Valley. Sounds like I can't really go wrong with either.
View Quote

KVP will throw flames, STD doesn't if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. That is the way that I am leaning.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top