Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 1:05:03 PM EDT
I finally fired my first AR pistol that I built many months ago, I know some of you have been waiting for a while to find out how it turn out and wait no more my good fellow shooters.......it was flawless, it eats through any ammo I put through without one issue.  I am so impressed with it....so if you are one that thinking if I should get RedX Arms upper, the answer is YES, for the price  and quality of their builds you'll not be sorry.  

First I put all brass ammo through it, all 30 rounds, shoot slow one at a time then let it cool off while shooting my other firearms as my friend is shooting his toys.  Then I put through TulAmmo and ate them up without any issue then I ran another all brass through it with no issue.  Let it sat (got my arm too close to Diablo PWS muzzle brake and burned my arm...) for a bit while my friend was trying his brand new Vepr 12 and having issue cycling with cheap Walmart Remington shells.  I let him shoot 30 rounds of brass & Tulammo mix and went through no issue, then after it sat for about 5 minutes while I was playing with my 10/22 Archangel conversion rifle I ran 60 rounds using Surefire mag and no issue also.  My set up works really well, I am very happy with it.  I can't wait to shoot it again when my suppressor gets out of jail

My next build will be 7.62x39 upper with Spikes lower receiver pistol but 10.5" 11.5" barrel.

My setup as follow:

RedX Arms upper with SS 1:9 twist barrel

Ice Arms NiB BCG

Rainier Arms CH

PWS Diablo muzzle brake

ALG ACT FCG

Wolf hammer spring

Wolf buffer spring

Spikes H2 buffer

PWS pistol buffer tube

KNS pins

Phase 5 lower

Phase 5 BAD level

Core15 trigger guard

CAA grip

CAA MGrip2

Magpul XTM hand stop

ARMS flip up sights

Aimpoint PRO red dot sight

Vortex SPARC red dot sight

Sig Brace

Edited: pic added

Current:

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I am having fun cleaning my guns now, boy I am loving NiB BCG, just wiped clean and all that carbon come right off.  I am sure FrogLube has something to do with that .  I expect it to be hard where I have to scrape carbon off my BCG but not one bit.  Glad I spent that extra $$$ on upgrade BCG.

PWS Diablo is also a great muzzle brake, deep sound and very much manageable with recoil.  I have never fired an AR pistol and before today just by playing around with my pistol I thought it'll be quite different and hard to shoot but today I found out why so many people are going pistol route.  I am glad I build mine, love it....will be shooting more of it  I was thinking about getting Sig brace but after I shot my pistol I really don't feel I need it, it shoots fine the way it is.  

I notice when I was running TulAmmo rounds I get some carbon on my face so I will be staying away from cheap ammo but at least I know my pistol will shoot anything I put through it....

I need to sight my Aimpoint PRO, off to the right and low, so next time I am out at the range I will get it zero'd in.  Today a buddy of mine & I just went to make sure all of our firearms that we both purchased actually work as they should.  His Vepr 12 will not cycle rounds so he is pissed, but he ordered upgrade guide rod & heavier spring, we'll find out how it function next range day.  I still need to fire 3 of my firearms, we had to leave before testing them
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No recent pics? Come on man. This is arfcom, we like pics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No recent pics? Come on man. This is arfcom, we like pics.
View Quote
sorry, pics coming soon.....I am cleaning it and then will take some good pics of it and post soon.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go.....the latest picture of my AR pistol.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
good to see your having no issues, I just received my red x arm 7.5 from brownells.com

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qvh3dw.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/fy2v40.jpg
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
RedX Arms have some great buys on their uppers......and the amount of stuff they sell, issues here and there is pretty much normal.  Even big manufacturers have same amount of issues.  I am sure most of the buyers are satisfied with their purchases as myself and shooting with ease.  

You'll be happy with yours.....good looking setup you got there!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#7]
This is good news for me.  I've been looking into getting one of their 7.62 pistol uppers here soon and this soothes some questions I may have brought upon myself.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
good to see your having no issues, I just received my red x arm 7.5 from brownells.com

View Quote

What lower is that? Looks to read "Franklin Defense" but I come up with nothing in google.. I like the rollmarks!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
its a TM 80% that I had engraved by vader spade
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really like that. Does the hand guard have a rail on the bottom?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I received my Vortex SPARC red dot couple of days ago and swap out with my Aimpoint PRO and I am liking it since it's smaller and a bit lighter.  I will have to take it out and try it out soon.

I will take another picture with it on and post it soon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought Sig Brace for my pistol and fitted on my PWS buffer tube.....it fits snug but not extremely tight....however it doesn't move unless I force it to turn so it's in good standing with ATF

I love it, though I did not have any issue shooting with my cheek on the foam but this really makes the pistol feel better.  

I don't know if Gen 1 is going away soon so I made my move on one, like the way it looks and feels
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top