Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2014 10:31:42 AM EDT
so im a pretty big guy and i need more length of pull on my sig brace,
i already have a kak buffer tube on there but was looking for about 2" inches
i already tried electrical tape and duct tape, i also tried some pvc pipe, but i wiggled and was too lose,
im really looking for a spacer not just taping the buffertube to add width to it,
any suggestions? or does anyone make any products for this
i was going to try like a rubber hose next but i don't really know where to look, (translation i need the correct term for it, please don't just tell me "go to home depot" i need like "look for flexible pluming hoses")
i believe the buffer tube was around 1.18"
btw this is legal because the kak buffer tube does it, and there is no modification to the brace its self
thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

PERFECT!!!!!!!!
im going to order 2 sets just in case,
Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
If you need a little extra length after adding their tube also look into their (KAK) length adjustment kit. I posted a review on here a couple of weeks back. Nifty product and it's pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
getting a regular pistol buffer tube instead of the narrower KAK tube will make the brace fit tighter and farther back (if you want it to)
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to say use a pvc tube, sliced open, but for $12, it's hard to beat the AL spacers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I used a Phase 5 Tactical Pistol tube.  It fits very tight. I just slid the brace down the buffer tube until the length of pull was right.  It stays there without budging.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PERFECT!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your help!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

PERFECT!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your help!!

These are great, I use the smaller ring and it provides a perfect LOP for a 1-4 scope
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

so im a pretty big guy and i need more length of pull on my sig brace,

i already have a kak buffer tube on there but was looking for about 2" inches

i already tried electrical tape and duct tape, i also tried some pvc pipe, but i wiggled and was too lose,

im really looking for a spacer not just taping the buffertube to add width to it,

any suggestions? or does anyone make any products for this

i was going to try like a rubber hose next but i don't really know where to look, (translation i need the correct term for it, please don't just tell me "go to home depot" i need like "look for flexible pluming hoses")

i believe the buffer tube was around 1.18"

btw this is legal because the kak buffer tube does it, and there is no modification to the brace its self

thanks for the help!!!
View Quote
i have used 35mm canisters as spacers,,,,,also a prescription bottle with bottom cut off and also pvc will work

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top