Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 1:49:55 PM EDT
I was thinking one of the Pelican briefcases would be ideal for an AR pistol, but I can't find one with quite enough length - the Pelican 1495:

Looks almost perfect, but is a smidge shy of 19" width - and I'd need ~23.5" plus an inch or so on each end for foam, so figure 25-26"....

Has anyone used a hardcase of about that size? Any suggestions?

TIA,
Richard
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Break it down...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 1600 it's a little bigger but broken down it fits well along with a usp 45 and a bunch of mags underneath
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a hard case intended for a take-down shotgun. Works great for me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a hard case intended for a take-down shotgun. Works great for me.
View Quote

Hmmm, interesting - how long is it?  any pics?  Glancing around, the ones I see are ~36" which would certainly work, but loses a lot of the attraction of the pistol size.  I'll do some more searching though!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I was working on this and turned up not looking at enough places... but an instrument case might work very well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
How about this?

If you are open to soft sided, I am using a pistol grip shotgun case. Over all length is around 29". Here.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Pelican 1650 is the size you want...  but it's thicker and you could probably get a spare lower in as well.  Heck it even has wheels.
You'll look like a photographer or video guy.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, I was really hoping for something that would hold it all assembled without much leftover space, but no joy :(  Nice sizes for the broken-down, but to keep it together pushes me to pretty big case

Quoted:
If you are open to soft sided, I am using a pistol grip shotgun case. Over all length is around 29". Here.

I snagged an Elite Survival SMGC in Size #3:

but it's a super-tight fit - really have to cram the gun in there.  Nice size though

In hindsight, the Size #7 PS90 model (27" vs 22.5" OAL) would have been smarter.

Quoted:
Pelican 1650 is the size you want...  but it's thicker and you could probably get a spare lower in as well.  Heck it even has wheels.
You'll look like a photographer or video guy.

Dude!  I hope you're joking - that beast is 31.59” x 20.47” x 12.45” and weighs 28lbs!  I said briefcase, not suitcase!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top