Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2013 7:43:27 AM EDT
Since I built my AR pistol I have found some things about AR pistol buffer tubes so I want to post this thread to help those that are planning on building AR pistol and may need help deciding on what type of tube they should go with before spending their hard earned money and then not what they are after.

For those that don't care to use SB15 then you have few choices like Phase 5, PWS, KAK, few other no name brands that probably same manufacturer that built for Phase 5.

Then for those that plan on using SB15 or similar products then best to go with Spike's, KAK, Guntec, RRA, and few other no name brands out there.

I went with Phase 5 and found out if I wanted to use SB15 I will have remove the form from the tube in order to fit it but I don't want to remove the form so I may just get KAK buffer tube for $32 and swap it out.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks ive been looking into this. do you know if a cca saddle fits over the foam?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Look on gunbroker under a search for phase 5 buffer tube.  You can get the same set for much less... No phase 5 printed on the buffer tube. which is the way I like it.  

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=phase+5+buffer

vs.

http://www.operationparts.com/PHASE_5_AR15_Complete_Pistol_Buffer_Tube_Assembly_p/pbt-ca.htm

complete with spring- 20 dollar difference
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

thanks ive been looking into this. do you know if a cca saddle fits over the foam?
View Quote

Yes, CAA saddle will fit over the foam.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
the foam comes off the phase 5 very easily. but it's still a pita to get on the sb15 because it's a large diameter.

the rra tube fits better in the sb15 but gets really hard to push on around the textured area.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys grabbed one from gb
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I've got a CAA Saddle on my SB15. They're lightweight plastic & will fit nearly anything.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hell, I've got a CAA Saddle on my SB15. They're lightweight plastic & will fit nearly anything.
View Quote

pictures??
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
got another question about the cca saddle. i have a black one on my piston ar but i built my pistol with fde magpul funiture. does the kakki cca saddle match the color of fde?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Some searching yielded this.

"CAA tan is lighter than FDE"

But pictures show its probably pretty close.
I would say unless the formula changed.. its hardly noticeable. Also not the CAA grip matches the saddle and not the mag. Its brighter.

The OD green... no so much.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the quick answer
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Since I built my AR pistol I have found some things about AR pistol buffer tubes so I want to post this thread to help those that are planning on building AR pistol and may need help deciding on what type of tube they should go with before spending their hard earned money and then not what they are after.

For those that don't care to use SB15 then you have few choices like Phase 5, PWS, KAK, few other no name brands that probably same manufacturer that built for Phase 5.

Then for those that plan on using SB15 or similar products then best to go with Spike's, KAK, Guntec, RRA, and few other no name brands out there.

I went with Phase 5 and found out if I wanted to use SB15 I will have remove the form from the tube in order to fit it but I don't want to remove the form so I may just get KAK buffer tube for $32 and swap it out.

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/images/1381961175817274147663.jpeghttp://www.phase5tactical.com/_common/_core/server/svr-image.asp?fle=ftp/product-images/pbtca.jpg&maxw=347

View Quote

I am not sure what I am needing.  I do want to build a pistol - caliber has yet to be determined.  The one thing that I am hung up on is the buffer tube.  I have a PWS lower reciever in hand, and want to build in either 9mm or .223 (haven't decided yet), and possibly buy a dedicated 22 lr upper for later on.  I plan to put an A3 upper on the gun.  I am not sure what you are meaning by SB15.  I have done some research, but I am still not clear.

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
OST
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

pictures??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pictures??

Picture of the ass end:

The whole thing:

I kinda like the look of the straps, but you can mount the saddle with the Industrial Velcro you buy at the hardware store. The stuff works great & it'll stay put, as long as you prep the surfaces properly.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Why run a sig brace on an SBR like that?

Nevermind.. the OAL is long enough I see now
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I though the for grip was a no no?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's okay if your OAL is 26" or more. Mine is just over that, using a Vltor A5 receiver extension & an 11.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's okay if your OAL is 26" or more. Mine is just over that, using a Vltor A5 receiver extension & an 11.5" barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got this for about 50$ shipped. By GUNTEC and has a carbine weight buffer. It is as long as your mi-spec RE and the SIGtac brace fits real snug on it...With a 12" barrel and an A-2 FH and the SIGtac brace   my pistol is about 27.5 OAL.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top