Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2013 4:34:10 PM EDT
I got a barrel on order from ice, didn't do a whole lot of research, but after reading a lot of the complaints and no responses from them I am thinking of calling to contest the charge and switch the barrel to a rainier arms. Just wondering on the quality of them and the main difference between the match and ultramatch barrels. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As Mac from Rainier would say, one shoots quarters and one shoots dimes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally will not use said company for an order again. They didn't ship my "in stock" barrel for two weeks and so I called and cancelled my order. That was a Friday and Monday I got a shipping confirmation.... I refused the shipment and am waiting two weeks now for my credit card to be refunded.

Rainier arms on the other hand has top notch service and prices. You cannot go wrong with Rainier arms.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Also the quality control on those barrels doesn't seem to be the best. Gas holes with left over metal inside the bore. Read some other issues with tight chambers and wonky barrel extensions.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't comment on ICE but I've bought 2 barrels from Rainier. An ultramatch 18" SPR and a match 7.5 both .223 wylde chambered. The quality and customer service from Rainier has been top notch every time I've worked with them. Honestly, I think they're the best bang for your buck around that won't leave you with that "what if" feeling when thinking about more expensive options.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Rainier Match.. its the way to go... Rainier anything.

HOWEVER... Im going to throw some money down and build a FIRE and ICE truck gun.... All ice components and put it up against top tier names.
Maybe ill nick name it garbage and ice?

PSA blem BF $49 lower
Ice 7.5
Ice KX3
Blem upper.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Its not just the quality of ICE stuff. My situation with them led to me never to use them again. Left one of the worst tastes in my mouth for companies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I would link you to a rainier barrel, but 95% of the them are out of stock.
Its going to be awhile...
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top