Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2011 5:49:00 PM EDT
Saw one of these at the local gunshop.  Thinking of buying it.  What are the Pro's & Con's of these and this maker?
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
48 views and no opinions?  Went ahead and bought it this morning.  Took it to the range.  Functions well, with no stoppages.  Loud as all get out.  Pretty accruate at short range, all hits in a 3 1/4 inch bull at 15 yards offhand, with 3 rounds in one cloverleafed hole.  Overall can't complain, still trying to figure out why I needed it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a big fan of Olympic, but I have never owned one. I think many years ago (early 90's) they had a bad rep. and you could buy a colt govt. model carbine for about $500 or less. However I almost bought one of those a couple of years ago, very compact. As for a reason why you needed it, you dont need a reason. Just seeing it and feeling like it was something you wanted is reason enough.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Olympic Arms does have a crappy reputation but if your pistol works...it works.  

As far as "needing" and AR pistol, I can't think of a single reason for owning one.  They're extremely loud, they're heavy for what they are, they're inaccurate and they blow through ammo faster than I can buy it.

I guess that's what make them so F-in fun to shoot.  Maybe I "need" to get a second one.  I've got two hands.

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
OlyArms is a crap shoot. Most of their stuff is crap and not to spec, but if your pistol works it works.  I live a half hour away from their shop and used to be a customer until they sold me one piece of junk too many.  It is too bad as their customer support guys and front counter guys are real friendly.  I did shoot their pistols at a customer appreciation day event they had a few years back but was not impressed.  Built my own on a Sundog pistol lower with Daniel Defense 10.5" barrel and upper, YHM smooth handguard  and using a Spike's Tactical extension and parts kit.  I am glad your OlyArms is working for you though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Sounds like you've owned most of their crap?  

Quoted:
OlyArms is a crap shoot. Most of their stuff is crap and not to spec, but if your pistol works it works.  I live a half hour away from their shop and used to be a customer until they sold me one piece of junk too many.  It is too bad as their customer support guys and front counter guys are real friendly.  I did shoot their pistols at a customer appreciation day event they had a few years back but was not impressed.  Built my own on a Sundog pistol lower with Daniel Defense 10.5" barrel and upper, YHM smooth handguard  and using a Spike's Tactical extension and parts kit.  I am glad your OlyArms is working for you though.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top