AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They can't get PDS pistols from their distributors becasue RRA doesn't use distributors...We're dealer direct.  All those dealers have to do is send us signed copies of their FFL and whatever retail/resale tax docuemnts their state issues and they are an RRA dealer. and able to order directly from us.
As far as not shipping any of them, that would be a surprise to the guys who build them and were shipping them as recently as yesterday (June 1).
Sorry that you've been receiving bad information from those dealers, but that's what it is.
As far as the stock kit, I'm ready to ship it butthere is an entanglement that once cleared up, I'll be posting both on our web site and our industry forum (and in here if I can find it again at that time) that we're ready to run with it.  We are going to be requiring a copy of your SBR registration before we'll ship, but nothing sinister is involved in not shipping them at this time.
As far as the poster several posts up th epage about lockig an engineer in a room and he'll come up with somehting in no time....engineers are good, but over-riding certain qualities of physics is an issue that takes a little more than just applying oneself harder than you did yesterday.
Steve/RRA

What's the hold up? It's a simple part produced for the regular carbine length rifle. I don't understand the "entanglement". What do you do when a customer with a regular carbine length PDS breaks the folding mech.?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They can't get PDS pistols from their distributors becasue RRA doesn't use distributors...We're dealer direct.  All those dealers have to do is send us signed copies of their FFL and whatever retail/resale tax docuemnts their state issues and they are an RRA dealer. and able to order directly from us.
As far as not shipping any of them, that would be a surprise to the guys who build them and were shipping them as recently as yesterday (June 1).
Sorry that you've been receiving bad information from those dealers, but that's what it is.
As far as the stock kit, I'm ready to ship it butthere is an entanglement that once cleared up, I'll be posting both on our web site and our industry forum (and in here if I can find it again at that time) that we're ready to run with it.  We are going to be requiring a copy of your SBR registration before we'll ship, but nothing sinister is involved in not shipping them at this time.
As far as the poster several posts up th epage about lockig an engineer in a room and he'll come up with somehting in no time....engineers are good, but over-riding certain qualities of physics is an issue that takes a little more than just applying oneself harder than you did yesterday.
Steve/RRA

For you to sell the stock adapter, will any Form1 SBR work or does it have to be a PDS? BTW, requiring SBR paperwork is BS. You are not IRS or ATF agents and are not required by any law to only sell the parts to those with SBRs. It's simply a part that warrants an NFA warning message/disclaimer. Now if you only want to sell them to people with PDS SBR's to prevent people from using them on other bufferless configurations, just say so.
As for my "locking the engineers in a room" comment, it seems pretty clear that it's not an engineering thing but a company misguidance issue. RRA is losing points in my book pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi Steve, What about the Gas Plug for a Suppressor? As I stated I am building my own stock for my SBR I need to know if I will ever be able to use a suppressor on my PDS SBR?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Well of course you're not required to sell it, just as no one is required to buy RRA products, but you've been promising the part (and others) for the last year. Personally I have zero interest in the stock adapter but did want an upper kit for a std lower.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well of course you're not required to sell it, just as no one is required to buy RRA products, but you've been promising the part (and others) for the last year. Personally I have zero interest in the stock adapter but did want an upper kit for a std lower.

I understand your (and other's) concerns very well, but there are certain things that are outside my/our control right now.  The conversion kit for standard lowers is still in the works...and making sure that it does work is the biggest concern.  We don't want it tearing up your lowers.  That simple.  So far, they are good for 500-1000 rounds before they start to cause problems that will, left to themselves,make those registered SBR lowers pretty much worthless.  Rather than release them and yell "Buy at your own peril", we aren't going to release them until we are comfortable that they will NOT damage your lower.  I guess that makes me/us horrible people,liars, etc..I can live with that a lot more easily than I can with destroying customer-owned product.

Steve/RRA

Could you also take the time to Chrome line the barrel and chamber too?  An unprotected bore and chamber is so early 1900's ish.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your (and other's) concerns very well, but there are certain things that are outside my/our control right now.  The conversion kit for standard lowers is still in the works...and making sure that it does work is the biggest concern.  We don't want it tearing up your lowers.  That simple.  So far, they are good for 500-1000 rounds before they start to cause problems that will, left to themselves,make those registered SBR lowers pretty much worthless.  Rather than release them and yell "Buy at your own peril", we aren't going to release them until we are comfortable that they will NOT damage your lower.  I guess that makes me/us horrible people,liars, etc..I can live with that a lot more easily than I can with destroying customer-owned product.

Steve/RRA

I'm guessing the damage has to do with the fact that the tiny little tab on the head of the spring guide rod / stop rests on the upper portion of the buffer tower, putting a good bit of bending moment on the buffer tower during firing.  It also looks like the PDS has no buffer material to soften the impact of the carrier to the rear.  Interesting.

If the buffer tower WERE to break off of a standard lower, you know where that spring/guide rod is going...
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve/RRA

I guess it just seems so simple to all of us to sell a part that is currently being produced for the rifles but apparently that is not the case. If it's a matter of a big-wig not wanting to offer it as a separate part maybe you can show them this thread.

That makes sense regarding wanting to makes sure you have a solid product before releasing the conversion kit. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone wants. It would be interesting if RDTCU's theory is in deed what's going on. I'll echo the chrome lining request!
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool, any progress on the upper kit for the standard lowers?  I'm guessing the longevity of the lower is the big sticking point at the moment.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered mine up
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm also waiting on the stand alone uppers.

Talk about irreplaceable, I have a preban AR pistol, good luck finding one for under $2K - if at all -  these days!!!

And no its not for sale!

ETA - if your taking requests for specs, I'd also love for the uppers to be 100% hot swappable so if I get out of NY and can SBR a lower...

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Any idea when/if the suppressor capable regulator might be in production. Also any plans on a 300 blk for the PDS platform?
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Almost a 2 year wait and finally RR shipped the folding stock mech. Oh!! I can't wait
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Did they actually ship yours or you just ordered it? I'm right there at the 2 year mark with you and I ordered mine almost 2 months ago and they still haven't shipped it yet.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]
how hard is it to change the barrel on one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
how hard is it to change the barrel on one?

Probably a proprietary barrel profile...

I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did they actually ship yours or you just ordered it? I'm right there at the 2 year mark with you and I ordered mine almost 2 months ago and they still haven't shipped it yet.  

Ordered a couple months ago as well and they just billed my CC and emailed the UPS tracking info
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I wanted this to be my Canadian SBR / California AOW but since you need a Form 1 for the stock kit I'm probably just getting a DI setup from my LGS and putting a regular buffer/stock on it when I cross the Canadian border (AR pistols are useful in Canada because they can run 10 round mags instead of 5 rounds). I really like RRA too, its a shame! I was ready to dump 3 grand on a pistol/carbine combo!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I have skimmed the thread, I still cant figure out why the PDS pistol will not work with a QD type suppressor. can someone answer that? there is a PDS pistol down the street and its screaming BUY ME.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have skimmed the thread, I still cant figure out why the PDS pistol will not work with a QD type suppressor. can someone answer that? there is a PDS pistol down the street and its screaming BUY ME.

It will be overgassed and may tear itself apart, and when it does, RRA can say say "not our problem, it's not suppressor rated" and you'd be out of luck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Barrel is too short, it'll blow the can and/or rifle apart with over pressure.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some cans are rated for barrels down to 7.5", especially .30cal cans on 5.56, but yeah, the action would cycle violently.   They're worried about it holding up as-is, much less severely overgassed...
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some cans are rated for barrels down to 7.5", especially .30cal cans on 5.56, but yeah, the action would cycle violently.   They're worried about it holding up as-is, much less severely overgassed...

what if you adjust that gas block knobby thingy to S?
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently RRA is not comfortable with a suppressor on any of the currently available gas settings...
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently RRA is not comfortable with a suppressor on any of the currently available gas settings...

Well, I'm not going to settle if the design will change later on. I am used to the waiting game, so Im going to finish some other projects and act like a fly on the wall subscribed to this thread for the next couple years. They twist rate is a neg as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#31]
nvm
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#32]

I've added some toys since this picture a year ago... Green laser, white/red light, single point sling...
IMO... It's for close work, more intuitive response.  Why would I need a can?  
More than 1K rounds through this tidy little monster - nary a hickup...
Enjoy yours!
TJ
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top