BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it possible to swap out the PDS barrel with a standard AR barrel? Not talking about different calibers, just chrome-lined, stainless, or maybe different lengths. Any special barrel nut or wrench required?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
We have a factory SBR at the same price as the carbine

I've SBR'd my PPS/PDS and I called Rock River last week and the lady told me that they didn't have any of the parts for the folding stocks in production yet. Although I see that a Rock River dealer on another site is boasting that he just got a shipment of the PDS carbine w/ "side folding stock" in?!?!? I just need the folding mechanisim, I was planing on making one myself.

Try then new Nordic sliding stock, I've got one for when I SBR a couple lowers and It's nice....

Check out THIS THREAD

There's room to install a custom bolt bumper inside the stubby extension as well.  I plan on throwing my bufferless pistol uppers on the SBR lowers...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/trutim2010/nordicstock.jpg

.22 upper on SBR lower:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=517814&page=9http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=517814&page=9http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/jerad/DSC_0005-1.jpg

Doesn't look very comfortable at all as well as providing a poor cheekweld. It also looks like it interferes with the bolt release. Does it interfere with the dust cover?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a factory SBR at the same price as the carbine

I've SBR'd my PPS/PDS and I called Rock River last week and the lady told me that they didn't have any of the parts for the folding stocks in production yet. Although I see that a Rock River dealer on another site is boasting that he just got a shipment of the PDS carbine w/ "side folding stock" in?!?!? I just need the folding mechanisim, I was planing on making one myself.

Try then new Nordic sliding stock, I've got one for when I SBR a couple lowers and It's nice....

Check out THIS THREAD

There's room to install a custom bolt bumper inside the stubby extension as well.  I plan on throwing my bufferless pistol uppers on the SBR lowers...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/trutim2010/nordicstock.jpg

.22 upper on SBR lower:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=517814&page=9http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=517814&page=9http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/jerad/DSC_0005-1.jpg

Doesn't look very comfortable at all as well as providing a poor cheekweld. It also looks like it interferes with the bolt release. Does it also interfere with the dust cover?
It's really not that bad, and you get more of a side chin weld than a cheek weld, but I think it's about as comfortable as the HK sliding stock on an MP5/G3...

It doesn't interfere with the bolt release, but it will hit the dust cover if you collapse it with the cover open.

If the cover opens with the stock folded, it will just rest on the rod instead of the lower...

Link Posted: 3/19/2011 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hows  the reliability.....Anyone have feedback on range time!!???
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well until I can get the parts from RR
Link Posted: 3/20/2011 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well until I can get the parts from RR

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/flight954/photo-1.jpg

i was about to call fowl, but i think you're ok since is an sbr and not a pistol... stupid aow/nfa/batf bs...

Link Posted: 3/27/2011 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We will have a conversion kit towards the end of the year (to use with standard AR lowers).

Steve/RRA

THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!  

Where do i sign up??

I live in NY so the new production pistols are a no-no, but I have a Preban pistol lower so I am drooling over one of those uppers!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
300 blk would be great.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Yup 300 BLK
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Here we are and it's almost July and I still cannot get the rear folding set up from Rock River. Absolutely ridiculous!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Updates?
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here we are and it's almost July and I still cannot get the rear folding set up from Rock River. Absolutely ridiculous!!

I'm just hoping they'll release an 8" upper kit that can be run suppressed by Feb12. We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it legal to SBR the pistol and have VFG plus a removable stock?  I have been told, "no."
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it legal to SBR the pistol and have VFG plus a removable stock?  I have been told, "no."

As far as I know, once it's an SBR, configuration does not matter, stock or no stock.
Same reason an SBS can have a pistol grip swapped for the stock.

SBR/SBS trumps AOW much like MG trumps SBR...
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know, once it's an SBR, configuration does not matter, stock or no stock.
Same reason an SBS can have a pistol grip swapped for the stock.

SBR/SBS trumps AOW much like MG trumps SBR...

Thats what I thought I was told its different for an AR15 than anything else due to some ATF ruling on swapping between pistol and rifle configuration.  I think that the SBR registration trumps that though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody have a "best" price on these beasts?  I'm seing $1350's
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Any word as to WHEN they are going to release the 6.8 pistol??  I was told that it was going to be shortly about 6 months ago on this forum.
Still waiting.  I really want my next AR pistol to be a 6.8 and am getting antsy as to if they really are  going to make it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#19]
9mm please.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
9mm please.

Do you think they would have to have a massive bolt to make this work? Could they make a DI Gas work?
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wonder how much modification TO THE STOCK might be required for the AGP Arms Folding Stock to fit the EXISTING PDS LOWER???

I've got the 10/22 version, and I like it as well as any other folder.  Since it's polymer, MAYBE there could be some cutting, trimming, shaving, or fabricating done to this stock to make it fit onto the existing (and perfectly safe) SBR'ed PDS lower...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For informational purposes only:
RRA has been shipping PDS carbines for a year, and PDS SBRs for several months.  We've never claimed we didn't have the stock adaptors to do so.  We have said that we aren't shipping the stock adaptoers as seperate components (we have NEVER offered them for sale, advertised them, put them in a catalog, on-line or listed them anywhere other than in the carbine diagram in the PDS Operating Manual) until we've gotten caught up on the existing orders fo rthe PDS carbines and SBRs that HAVE to have them.  Once I am given the go-ahead by ownership, we'll post the kit on the RRA website and make them available to those with PDS pistols which have been legally registered as SBRs.
Thanks.
Steve/RRA

Just to clarify.... Is this your intended market or are you going to limit sales to these people via some verification process?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey RRAMODERATOR, any new news on the side folding stock mechanism for an SBR'd PDS
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have part num,bers and pricing..just can't release them yet.
To th eposter who asked about the intende dmarket fo rthe adaptors, yes.  It appears that the intended market for the adaptors will those with PDSs registered as SBRs, since they're the only firearm that the parts are intended for.  Once the conversion kits come out fo rstandard lowers, that might change, but for the initial releases, I'm told we'll be asking for verification of the SBR registration.
Steve/RRA

any updates on these kits?

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah any SHOT updates - curious about aftermarket stock options, 6.8 barrelled uppers, and if a 1-7" or 1-8" barrelled uppers are in the works...?
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#27]
@ RRMODERATOR Now that you guys are back from SHOT 2012, here it is the end of January and Rock River will still not release a simple folding stock mechanism for my SBR'd PDS. My pissed off meter is pegging about now. Completely ridiculous. Thanks RR
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@ RRMODERATOR Now that you guys are back from SHOT 2012, here it is the end of January and Rock River will still not release a simple folding stock mechanism for my SBR'd PDS. My pissed off meter is pegging about now. Completely ridiculous. Thanks RR

Holy crap RRA, sell the man a freakin' stock. I own a RRA pistol and have no skin in the game, but damn, if I had a PDS pistol, a tax stamp collecting dust after almost a year, and no stock or adapter yet I'd be ticked off too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Any updates on upper kits for std lowers? We're well past the original ETA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any updates on upper kits for std lowers? We're well past the original ETA.

I would order one NOW if they were available.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:18:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the update! Despite the fact that I wish you had better news, I appreciate the response.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#33]
One of my students has one.

The thing runs great, and it is very concealable.

ETA: I think he paid about $1200.00 for it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#34]
.300 BLK
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Roll your own? This plus a scout light mount or something similar  (qd even?) and little machining
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#36]
YES!!  this upper in 300blk that i can use on my SBR lower...  WANT
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like i'm playing the same waiting game as others.. I've had stamp in hand for 1 yr as of today and STILL waiting on rock river to sell the folding stock assembly. I never thought I would be waiting on rr longer than I waited on BATFE! I guess I'll just keep calling every 2wks till they get tired of hearing from me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump for info.

Have a SBR lower waiting for a RRA 8" upper and stock kit. (if they are EVER going to sell them)
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump again for update!
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Day .... I can not count anymore
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#42]
This is my first post to this forum and the reason I am doing so it to call out Steve from Rock River Arms.

I bought an LAR-PDS carbine simply because of its unique folding stock. However, I bought it with assurances of RRA that a suppressor capable gas regulator was only “weeks” away from being released.

That was over a year and a half ago. In the beginning I called RRA every month and kept being told “any day now”. After six months it became “we’re working on it”. Now they don’t even answer the question.

I got fed up with this and had my dealer call them, hoping they would give some inside information or at least a third party solution.

They told him (on a speakerphone so that I could hear) that they made a mistake during the development of the rifle and to tell their customer not to “hold their breath” waiting for a fix, that it's not even being taken seriously in-house.

I called myself the next day to see if someone would tell me the same. All I was told was that “we’re working on it”. Not even the courtesy of the truth.

I then found this forum thread filled with promises from Steve from RRA and a bunch of angry and frustrated replies from people just like me that were either sold something they could not use or are waiting for RRA to fulfill promises.

I understand that RRA is backlogged with orders for new rifles, but what about their existing customer base? Are we to be discarded for no reason other than convenience and new cash?

Steve –
Where is the suppressor capable gas regulator we have been waiting for?
Where are the lowers?
Where are the uppers?
Where are the conversion kits for standard lowers?
Where are all the other parts you guys have been "working" on for years with no results?

These are just a few of the issues I noticed on this thread alone. I sure there are many more customers out there waiting on empty promises.

It looks like RRA’s marketing division wrote checks its R&D can’t cash. At least level with your customers: are these things ever going to be fixed/produced? If not, those that bought your products under false pretenses deserve some compensation. I, for instance, am stuck with an un-suppressable AR. It's worthless to me and I now have to decide to let it continue gathering dust in the back of my safe or sell it at a loss.

Don’t forget that customers are what makes a company… they are also what can break them.

I for one will NEVER buy another RRA product and will advise others to look elsewhere. I won’t to trust my life to a firearm built by a company that lies to their customers.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#43]
DAMN DAN. I don't disagree. I was told personally at the 2010 Shot Show that these would be great with suppressors and would work on standard lowers. We even got AWC to commit to warranty their cans with the PDS SBR at the time, now the PPS SBR. This design has a lot of promise and like all of the rest of their products, RRA seems to have issues getting product out the door. Constant, insane back orders, for great products but no new product development.

This would be an amazing upper in 300AAC Blackout and I'm confident I could sell the hell out of it as is the case with any other RRA products we can actually get in stock.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow.  I was considering one of these but after reading all this, my interest has certainly diminished.  

Bob
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Guys, let me ask, what happens when things get rushed to production?

Now consider the fact that these are products that sit arms length or less from your head and are in reality controlled explosions...

I'm not trying to kiss RRA's ass (ok, maybe a little if it'll get me a demo or test unit lol  JK) but looks at Troy's TRX extreme rail.  Rushed and failed.

Meanwhile, Samson delayed their .308 Evo rail again and again to ensure they got it right and durable and reliable.

I've been waiting for a long time for the PDS conversion unit as I'm in NY and can't buy a new pistol.  I'm lucky enough to have a pre-ban pistol however so this conversion is looking awesome!
I'd honestly like the carbine one as well but would need to track down another preban rifle lower.

the long and short of it is that I've been drooling over this setup for over a year, but would rather wait then have RRA rush something out half-assed!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Nothing is being rushed here. You said it yourself you've been waiting over a year! It doesn't take long to put out a conversion kit; put an engineer and machinist in a room together and next thing you know viola! It's then just a matter of getting cnc time.

I've since lost interest in this since RRA obviously can't get this kit to market or doesn't care to give their customers what they want. Either way, I'm pretty much out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nothing is being rushed here. You said it yourself you've been waiting over a year! It doesn't take long to put out a conversion kit; put an engineer and machinist in a room together and next thing you know viola! It's then just a matter of getting cnc time.

I've since lost interest in this since RRA obviously can't get this kit to market or doesn't care to give their customers what they want. Either way, I'm pretty much out.

Yeah, not producing something is one thing.
Saying you WILL produce something and issuing a release date and then never producing it is another.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#48]
OK, I think were mixing up two different aspects.

there is 1) conversion adaptor for the pistol to take a stock after SBR-ed and 2) the conversion upper that will go on a standard lower.

I'm mostly refering to the conversion upper for the standard lower which steve said they need to test to ensure it does not over-stress the factory lower.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Nope, we're on the same page. I was referring to the upper as well, to use on an SBR lower.

The stock adapter they already have, it's just a matter of offering it as a separate part.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Hey Rock River what's up? I have been told by several local gun dealers that they are unable to get the PDS pistol though any of their distributors because Rock River has pulled them from the market. Since I own a PDS I feel that Rock River owes there customers a little more information about what kind of support that we can expect from Rock River on this product. I was going to SBR mine; but now I am concerned that unless I can put a suppressor on this pistol I am wasting my time. I already have an idea on how I will build a lightweight folding stock so I am not worried about Rock River bringing one to market.
      It would be a lot more professional of Rock River to let their customers know what's going on! Is Rock River going to build a gas regulator that will accept a suppressor? Yes or No? If not I will be selling my PDS at a loss I am sure. Thanks for the great customer service; I will not recommend your products to anyone that asks unless I get updated right away! 2 years of waiting is not acceptable to anyone.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top