Site Notices
7/28/2014 11:40:43 AM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 6
Author
Posted: 10/30/2010 8:56:46 PM
Anyone actually seen one of these yet?

Looks very intriguing.......Definitely a step up from the old Olympic Arms models that also had no buffer tube!!
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 8:59:17 PM

Originally Posted By SixKiller:

Looks very intriguing.......Definitely a step up from the old Olympic Arms models that also had no buffer tube!!

I think they kinda copied mine
(in the avatar)
SixKiller
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 10:00:46 PM
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Originally Posted By SixKiller:

I think they kinda copied mine
(in the avatar)

I think you may be right!!
tfod
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 11:31:34 AM
[Last Edit: 11/1/2010 11:31:42 AM by tfod]
I saw a couple on Gunbroker.

I am very interested in the design, but I hope RRA considers a chrome lined barrel or in the minimum some type of metal treatment.
Magnus
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 7:01:17 PM
PK has one in stock.
KySawgrass
Do what now?
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/2/2010 11:35:16 PM
$1300 was more than I was looking to spend on my first ar pistol, but this thing has me intrigued... I like the bufferless thing.
I can't help it Hank; I'm physically addicted to the good times! - Buck Strickland
SgtAwesome
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:09:30 AM
I was watching this one but didn't have the stones (or $ for that matter) to bid.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=197524138

Strike6
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/11/2010 7:40:08 AM
I played with one. The front charging handle was a great idea, but the handle itself seemed small in my hand. Almost awkward. Really neat design and would be a great SBR in my opinion.
flight954
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 12:51:37 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2010 12:51:57 PM by flight954]
Really neat design and would be a great SBR in my opinion

I picked one up a couple days ago. It looks as if the BCG rams the back of the lower reciever, so I've got to make up something to fit into my SBR buffer tube.
1dignifiedbubba
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 1:07:47 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2010 1:08:03 PM by RDTCU]

Originally Posted By flight954:
Really neat design and would be a great SBR in my opinion

I picked one up a couple days ago. It looks as if the BCG rams the back of the lower reciever, so I've got to make up something to fit into my SBR buffer tube.

Ace receiver plug + folding stock... I don't know what kind of bumper they have for the carrier to hit, but i used Delrin and a thick o-ring in my design, smooths out the "smack" from the carrier...
flight954
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 3:21:39 PM
I was thinking a piece of wood dowel (cut to length) with the delrin disc fastened to the end then inserted into the buffer tube.
1dignifiedbubba
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 3:28:46 PM

I was thinking a piece of wood dowel (cut to length) with the delrin disc fastened to the end then inserted into the buffer tube.

Well if you've got a bufferless upper, why keep a fixed buffer tube?
flight954
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 4:14:19 PM

Hummm, lets see the PDS pistol upper is not 16" so that means if I want to run the PDS upper in SBR format I would need to put it on my registered SBR lower.

1dignifiedbubba
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 4:24:06 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2010 4:25:06 PM by RDTCU]

Hummm, lets see the PDS pistol upper is not 16" so that means if I want to run the PDS upper in SBR format I would need to put it on my registered SBR lower.

Sure, unless you wanna register the PDS (or other) lower as an SBR

But yeah, if you're going to go back and forth on the uppers on your current SBR, a spacer plug should work, but i'd go with something like solid delrin or a bored-out aluminum bar + delrin (at least 1" long delrin) instead of a 1" wooden dowel. Would probably work, but may start to dry and split.
Also, make sure your bumper is the same distance from the carrier as the current one, or you could have some parts smack together that were never meant to meet
xGONZOx
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2010 7:39:35 PM
Any Range Reports on the PDS pistol??? Been looking around and can't find any write ups. I'm really looking to get one, but would like to hear some feedback first.
flight954
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2010 1:50:42 PM
[Last Edit: 11/22/2010 1:52:00 PM by flight954]
Any Range Reports on the PDS pistol??? Been looking around and can't find any write ups. I'm really looking to get one, but would like to hear some feedback first

I had a chance to take out the RR PDS this weekend.
Rock River PDS pistol w/ Trijicon Reflex II
Very loud, low recoil and not bad to shoot in standard pistol shooting hand position(not overly heavy) yet it takes a bit of strength to get back on target.
Even with the Reflex mounted, it's light and compact, and it's easy to keep on target while shooting holding the forearm. It's as accurate as the shooter(me). It fired 90 or 120 flawless rounds. Overall it's a great compact plinker that is really fun to shoot. I would say it's a tad overpriced at $1200 w/o sites but I'm sure if you wait the price will get down to $800-$1000.
1dignifiedbubba
onemangang
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2010 2:39:52 PM
Any Range Reports on the PDS pistol??? Been looking around and can't find any write ups. I'm really looking to get one, but would like to hear some feedback first

I had a chance to take out the RR PDS this weekend.
Rock River PDS pistol w/ Trijicon Reflex II
Very loud, low recoil and not bad to shoot in standard pistol shooting hand position(not overly heavy) yet it takes a bit of strength to get back on target.
Even with the Reflex mounted, it's light and compact, and it's easy to keep on target while shooting holding the forearm. It's as accurate as the shooter(me). It fired 90 or 120 flawless rounds. Overall it's a great compact plinker that is really fun to shoot. I would say it's a tad overpriced at $1200 w/o sites but I'm sure if you wait the price will get down to $800-$1000.

This miiiiight be my next toy.
Did you mean it fired 90/120 flawlessly? Little concerned!

flight954
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/22/2010 3:33:16 PM
Did you mean it fired 90/120 flawlessly? Little concerned!

All the rounds fired flawlessly. I can't remember if I fired 3 or 4 mags out of it.
1dignifiedbubba
LongEZ85
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2010 1:17:33 PM
Will the PDS upper fit on a standard lower?
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/21/2010 1:22:43 PM

Originally Posted By LongEZ85:

Fit? yes.

Function? no, at least not without the proper buffer tube plug. Haven't seen one up close, but i know the PDS lower has no threads and is solid in the buffer tube tower area.
blackgunsdan
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2011 9:20:28 PM
I picked up a PDS Pistol at a local Gun Store last week, it was actually traded back to the dealer, the guy shot it and decided that it wasn't what he was looking for so I got it as a used gun for $1195.00. These things are so hard to find that I gladly paid the money. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but as soon as I do I will post a range report.
After reading though the owners manual it specifically tells you not to try and use the PDS Upper on anything other than the PDS Lower, it doesn't say why, just don't try it! Also now posted on the RRA PDS Pistol page is a warning not to shoot the PDS with a Silencer, and that Rock River is working on a new gas piston for the PDS Pistol.
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/8/2011 11:05:04 PM

Originally Posted By blackgunsdan:
I picked up a PDS Pistol at a local Gun Store last week, it was actually traded back to the dealer, the guy shot it and decided that it wasn't what he was looking for so I got it as a used gun for $1195.00. These things are so hard to find that I gladly paid the money. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but as soon as I do I will post a range report.
After reading though the owners manual it specifically tells you not to try and use the PDS Upper on anything other than the PDS Lower, it doesn't say why, just don't try it! Also now posted on the RRA PDS Pistol page is a warning not to shoot the PDS with a Silencer, and that Rock River is working on a new gas piston for the PDS Pistol.

What suppressor would hold up for long on an 8" barrel anyway?
ANGST
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:44:06 AM
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Originally Posted By LongEZ85:

Fit? yes.

Function? no, at least not without the proper buffer tube plug. Haven't seen one up close, but i know the PDS lower has no threads and is solid in the buffer tube tower area.

RRA needs to SERIOUSLY make a conversion kit. I'd love to toss the 8" upper on my SBR with an ACE folder.
Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis
jerz_subbie
Acronym & abbreviation whore :-)
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/14/2011 11:27:56 PM
[Last Edit: 2/14/2011 11:29:31 PM by jerz_subbie]
I'm glad I'm in no rush but I hope RRA will make a version with a chrome-lined or nitrided barrel, that can be suppressed, and can have a folding stock easily added. The stock they use on the 16" carbine uses a rather bulky folding mechanism. It'd be really nice if they made it easy to use on a std lower, maybe with a custom lower receiver plug. This would give me my PDW fix... lightweight folder + M4-2000 =

Has anyone SBR'd one of these yet?
"When will the economy get better?" When you start spending!
RRAMODERATOR
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/15/2011 3:23:17 PM
We have a factory SBR at the same price as the carbine.
Full autos (for LE/Gov/Mil) will be out soon.
We will have a conversion kit towards the end of the year (to use with standard AR lowers).
We'll have chrome-lined barrels yet this year (pistol and carbine lengths).
Two more calibers in PDS configurations also, at least one of which will be out this year...but both might make it.
The bumper in the rear is a mandatory part and has to be secured (screwed) into something, hence the solid rear on the current production models. The conversion kit will use an adaptor and a modified upper.
Steve/RRA
Saintless
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2011 4:37:22 PM
Originally Posted By RRAMODERATOR:
We have a factory SBR at the same price as the carbine.
Full autos (for LE/Gov/Mil) will be out soon.
We will have a conversion kit towards the end of the year (to use with standard AR lowers).
We'll have chrome-lined barrels yet this year (pistol and carbine lengths).
Two more calibers in PDS configurations also, at least one of which will be out this year...but both might make it.
The bumper in the rear is a mandatory part and has to be secured (screwed) into something, hence the solid rear on the current production models. The conversion kit will use an adaptor and a modified upper.
Steve/RRA

Steve.... Just so I understand you correctly, RRA will be releasing the "complete upper" for sale, and it along with the "conversion kit" mention, you could use this on a standard AR lower?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 6