Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
JSE Special $300
http://www.jsesurplus.com/bulldog7pistolupperspecial.aspx
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like a complete upper with a 7.5" chrome lined barrel with a 1:7 twist...

What are my options?

So far, i've purchased:

Palmetto State Armory Lower
RRA single stage LPK w/ Hogue grip
Spike's Tactical pistol buffer kit (carbine length)
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By FreeFloater:

I'd like a complete upper with a 7.5" chrome lined barrel with a 1:7 twist...

What are my options?

So far, i've purchased:

Palmetto State Armory Lower

RRA single stage LPK w/ Hogue grip

Spike's Tactical pistol buffer kit (carbine length)

Call these guys about the chrome and twist. I have one of these on a pistol...it's da shiz!!

http://www.adamsarms.net/details.asp?sku=UA-7.5-P-B-556

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]
how's the rra pistol upper compare to other pistol upper?
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By crackedcornish:
Originally Posted By wise_jake:
Anyone know some good sources for short-barrelled uppers in variant calibers?

Tim Hicks (Cardinal Armory) used to be a good source for short-barrelled uppers in 6.8SPC, but he's been out of business for a while now...

http://cardinalarmory.com/

Link is dead... did they go back into and then back out of business?

Any other good sources for larger-than-5.56 shorty uppers?

(not necessarily 6.8)
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By shooter_tx:
Originally Posted By crackedcornish:
Originally Posted By wise_jake:
Anyone know some good sources for short-barrelled uppers in variant calibers?

Tim Hicks (Cardinal Armory) used to be a good source for short-barrelled uppers in 6.8SPC, but he's been out of business for a while now...

http://cardinalarmory.com/

Link is dead... did they go back into and then back out of business?

Any other good sources for larger-than-5.56 shorty uppers?

(not necessarily 6.8)

AR Performance

AR Performance started offering 12.5" 6.8 barrels.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: letsbuildasnowman] [#7]
Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
rguns does not have the best rep or customer service

I've bought 3 lowers from them, an upper and about ever other AR part never had any issues with their product of customer service.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 9:28:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: unit30] [#8]
Ordered a 7" upper from JSE surplus on March 20 and received it yesterday (4/16), I'd say that was a quick turn around time, and a darn nice looking upper too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2013 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#9]
So are people mostly just watching the regular "In Stock" Complete Uppers page, or does most everyone building a pistol do it from the ground up . . .?  (I don't quite have the setup or the belief in my abilities to be much inclined toward the latter, FWIW.)  Just wondering why there's not an "In Stock Pistol Uppers" page on here . . .

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By maxwellh:
So are people mostly just watching the regular "In Stock" Complete Uppers page, or does most everyone building a pistol do it from the ground up . . .?  (I don't quite have the setup or the belief in my abilities to be much inclined toward the latter, FWIW.)  Just wondering why there's not an "In Stock Pistol Uppers" page on here . . .

Thanks!

+1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Gatorshark:

Thanks!

+1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm building from the ground up.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Aero just put up blem uppers $52 I think
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: athens28] [#13]
I just talked to the guy at RGUNS and he told me the 10.5" uppers are currently shipping next day.

Im going to order one in a couple days.

Ordered my 10.5 upper on 2-21-14.  It arrived today  Looks awesome cant wait to shoot it
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks!
View Quote

Aero Precision, DD, BCM, PSA and other sell complete uppers.  It would be nice to have an in stock complete short uppers thread though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Aim has Spikes pistol length gas tubes in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Hardened Arms - https://www.hardenedarms.com/

I they make 223/556 7.62x39 and 300aac uppers in all different lengths.

I have their 7.5" 223 upper, 7.5" 7.62x39 upper and 16" 7.62x39 upper and love them all so far. Very pleased.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone got a line on a complete 7.5 upper?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#18]
High end no, low end
Redx
masdefense

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krautwagen] [#19]
Rainier CE1111.5" barrel/12" Force keymod/Rainier upper and bcg/KX3

I'll have completed pics of mine in the picture thread hopefully later this week :D
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 495H0kie] [#21]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I just bought 4 pistol uppers from MAS Defense here in Charlotte, NC - They were AWESOME to work with and the uppers were great quality!

I'm still waiting on the BCG's from PSA so I haven't shot them yet, but I give MAS Defense 5 stars for sure!

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/BARRELED-UPPERS_c12.htm
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I posted pics in this thread if anyone is interested:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/646104_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Ares Armor has the Cronus Pistol upper. MSRP is $1150, currently going for $833. It has pretty decent feedback (both online and things I've heard in person).

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/aa_PistolUppper
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I just bought a Red X Arms complete upper (minus BCG and Charging Handle...got a Rock River Arms SS BCG and BCM Gunfighter Ambi Charging Handle).  It is really nice and mates perfectly with a Spike's Tactical lower.  I placed the order on Monday and got it by Friday.  It was $315 with no shipping or tax. I don't see how you can beat it.  I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and service.

" />

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Another company that offers AR-15 pistol parts is a company named Valhalla Tactical Supply. I just bought a complete pistol buffer tube set-up that includes the buffer spring, buffer, buffer tube with padded shoulder end, and castle nut and end plate. Basically the whole set up for like $50 bucks, and I'm pretty sure that they have a flat shipping rate of $6.95, no matter how many items you order, and if you buy any products from the company manufacturer "Phase 5 Tactical",which is who made the pistol buffer tube set that I bought, you will receive free shipping on your entire order. Also check out a company named " Tactical Ambush" and ask for Carlos, tell him Jeff Lewis referred you. They have plenty of AR-15 pistol barrels for sale, from 7.5" to 10.5" ones and they have some quality barrels, which are all made by E.R. Shaw, and they are all stamped and labeled with the chamber, name, and rifle twist.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Just placed an order for a Radical Firearms upper.  $279.

Radical Firearms.... if link dead, check out their monthly specials

If you enter the coupon code SUMMERTIME, and have an upper and a sig brace in your cart, you save about $50.

Seems to be a small operation.  I will give a range report when it comes in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
Just placed an order for a Radical Firearms upper.  $279.

Radical Firearms.... if link dead, check out their monthly specials

If you enter the coupon code SUMMERTIME, and have an upper and a sig brace in your cart, you save about $50.

Seems to be a small operation.  I will give a range report when it comes in.
View Quote

Ordered one. I am gonna slap a KX-3 on it. Will post after range.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I have not been keeping up w/ this site lately, life..... but just recently bought the below item.  Not sure if Anderson is a good name, like I said, I haven't been on AR15.com for some time.....

Sportsman Guide Anderson 7.5" flat top

They list a SBR kit, but looking at the description/picture on SG, it looks like a pistol kit (and buffer tube) along w/ an 80% lower... I only wanted the LPK, buffer tube assembly and upper......figured the price for their "sbr kit" was okay..... no that I'll do an 80% lower.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Long time reader, this is my first post.  After reading a long string about Daytona Tactical in Holly Hill, Flordia, I figured that I'd try ordering a 10.5" .300BO upper from them.  The internet order went out on 12/23/14 and the complete upper ($375) arrived by US Priority mail on 12/27/14.  It appears to be well assembled and I'll post more after the PSA pistol lower (ordered the same day from Palmetto) arrives next week and I can wring her out a bit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought one of these - review in separate thread - OK for a budget build.  Best price out there for a complete 7.5" upper, bar none - not chrome, but 1:7 twist.  Nice guy running the show - good CS.

http://androcorpind.com/product/7-5-5-56-upper/
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#32]
The lower is what is considered the SBR. They're possibly marked pistol only as a cya for those new to builds to make sure they know too only mount on a pistol set up lower.

And don't know if anyone's done any business with
http://www.cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers but they've got some interesting setups.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I would buy this...Aero 10.5
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#34]

Didn't realize this was an older thread.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought a basic 10.5" 5.56 upper without the charging handle and BCG for 229.00 from mid state firearms and it looks perfect. It says blemished, I see no errors.
Nice quality for a budget rig.  http://www.midstatefirearms.com/105-Blem-556-223-AR15-Complete-Upper-w-BCG-Charging-Handle-105blem.htm
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Will this thread's main few posts ever be updated to reflect current market prices?  I can't afford $1k for a complete pistol upper!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#38]

I've assembled 4 Odin Works barrels or pistol kit uppers, a 10.5 and 3 7.5".  They are .223W chambers and shoot very smooth with the OW adjustable GB.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#39]
http://www.capitolarmory.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Mk107

They cost a little more, but these are awesome uppers. Well worth the money IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I got my 7.5" .300 Blk upper from KMTactical.net

KM Tactical

Seems well built.  Put a Spike's Tactical Cookie Cutter brake on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hypnogator] [#41]
Dup post. Sorry!
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Squad1LT:
Will this thread's main few posts ever be updated to reflect current market prices?  I can't afford $1k for a complete pistol upper!
View Quote
Probably not. The way arf is coded, a mod would have to do it manually if the OP is no longer with us.

The deal site I'm also a member of (SlickDeals) has a cool way of handling that... there's the OP, and then immediately followed by a wiki before you get to post #2.

That way the OP posts a deal, and you don't have to read all the way to pg.8 before realizing that someone else found and posted a coupon code late in the thread.

Someone just adds it to the wiki, so by the time you read the OP and the wiki, you've already got the vast majority of the relevant info.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Just a note to anyone out there who sees the battlereadysulutions or https://battleready.solutions
Stay as far away from them as you can!!! This company is completely disorganized and its been almost 3 months since my order and the only way to get in touch with them is to leave a negative post on their facebook page and then contact them on facebook messenger. Thats when the games begin.... they are quick to take your money but nearly impossible to get your order. PLEASE Pm me before you order from them no matter what the price i will show you the communication to expect from them i took screenshots of everything. This is ancompany who does not need to get anyones business.

Let me know if this could be posted somewhere better
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#44]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/pistol-kits.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#46]
First post, so forgive me Necroing this thread. But, I didn't see Moriarti Armaments in here. Tons of different pistol uppers in multiple lengths and calibers. OUTSTANDING Customer Service, too. My avatar pic is my 7.5" Moriarti 300 AAC BLK. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By kmc123:
I just bought 4 pistol uppers from MAS Defense here in Charlotte, NC - They were AWESOME to work with and the uppers were great quality!

I'm still waiting on the BCG's from PSA so I haven't shot them yet, but I give MAS Defense 5 stars for sure!

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/BARRELED-UPPERS_c12.htm
View Quote

I'll give a +1 to these guys. Bought a .300 BLK upper from them for my SA Saint Victor pistol. Quality was great, they were good to work with, upper was delivered fast (of course, this was pre-COVID days) and the upper has worked flawlessly with my lower.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.deltateamtactical.com/ar15-lr308-upper-build-kits-by-caliber.html
These guys have a ton of uppers in pistol length. Its a hit or miss on if a specific caliber is in stock or not. I ended up building a 9mm pistol upper using a few of their parts in the past (bcg and epc9 lower) but It probably would have been cheaper to buy a full build kit from them or a complete upper instead of piecing it out part by part.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top