Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Tacked AR Pistol Picture ONLY Thread. (Page 166 of 187)
Page / 187
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Hot dam that thing is bitchin
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Clint50:

KAK 4.75" Barrel, in 5.56?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clint50:
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe: And you are one of the 4 people on the planet that has actually fired it!

I fucking love that gun so much.

KAK 4.75" Barrel, in 5.56?

SLR 5.5"

But yes. 5.56.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]

whats the specs on the one on the right? thanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#6]

The suppressed one in the middle is nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
My last 3 builds have all been pistols.  Just finished up the 350 Legend on the left.  9mm in the middle, 6.8 on the right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gdogs:
My last 3 builds have all been pistols.  Just finished up the 350 Legend on the left.  9mm in the middle, 6.8 on the right.
https://i.imgur.com/QB4liJlh.jpg
View Quote
Nice paint job, I like that.

Curious about the 350, haven't seen many of those. What made you put that one together?

Pic thread, put this 22lr together for my dad a while back. CMMG 4.5" barrel, and a suppressor not in the picture. I love these little setups.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I was taking a picture of my 12.5 middy for some minor changes I made and I got photo bombed by a carpenter bee.

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I finally finished building my second AR pistol.

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Recent 300BLK build:

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GrimEReaper:
I was taking a picture of my 12.5 middy for some minor changes I made and I got photo bombed by a carpenter bee.
View Quote

Say hello to my little friend! Ha!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TGE:

Curious about the 350, haven't seen many of those. What made you put that one together?
View Quote

My dad had built a 350 last year and took a nice buck with it, dropped in his tracks.  I've been wanting a shorter, lighter AR to hunt with than my 18" 6.8 and didn't think that the 6.8 would perform well enough out of a 7.5" barrel.  So after I watched a video of a guy doing a velocity test on the 350 by cutting off an inch of barrel at a time, I decided a 13" would be a good trade off.  All totaled with the Burris optic it comes in a 6.7lbs.  Hope to test it out this fall on the whitetail, unless I can get a hog hunt in before then.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]

My dad had built a 350 last year and took a nice buck with it, dropped in his tracks.  I've been wanting a shorter, lighter AR to hunt with than my 18" 6.8 and didn't think that the 6.8 would perform well enough out of a 7.5" barrel.  So after I watched a video of a guy doing a velocity test on the 350 by cutting off an inch of barrel at a time, I decided a 13" would be a good trade off.  All totaled with the Burris optic it comes in a 6.7lbs.  Hope to test it out this fall on the whitetail, unless I can get a hog hunt in before then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGE:

Cool man, thanks. Not that any of need a reason for any of these things

That's a nice weight, and I'm sure it will do just fine on hogs. I've been shooting them with 5.56, then an 8.5" 300blk,and now lately out of a 12" 6.5G. Always fun to try a new round out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been away for a while, but this Corona thing has me locked and bored with time to bang on the keyboard, so I thought I'd take a stab a building a pistol.  I put this together two nights ago...

Pic

KawValley 2.5" Magnum Comp
Ballistic Advantage 10.5" in 5.56 1:7
Yankee Hill flip up front sight/gas block
MOE SL handguards
MAS Defense slick side upper
BCM bolt and carrier
MagPul BUS
Spike's lower
KAK Shockwave Blade and buffer tube
Spike's ST-T2 buffer
MOE K-2 grip
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Aero LPK
Trijicon TA44 ACOG
American Defense mount
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeremywills] [#16]
I was able to check out my recently jailed Resonator R2 at my dealers range the other day.  Damn I wanted to bring that can home so badly already.  Sadly it had to stay put.  Dying to get back out there and play with this setup some more.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#17]
My first Pistol, can’t wait to shoot it. Been 5 years in the making

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:10:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: corrosionguy] [#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Recently painted my Reaper lower and my Spacewalker lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

My .300 blackout xm177 ish upper with parts mocked together.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice upper but that flash hider,,,dang!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deaj] [#23]
7.62x39MM AR-15 PISTOL BUILD:

LOWER RECEIVER
- Anderson lower
- ALG Defense ACT fire control group
- Battle Arms Development ambi 50 degree safety
- Battle Arms Development receiver pins
- VLTOR SASE-2E receiver end plate (large H&K type single-point sling attachment point)
- Standard carbine buffer and spring
- 7075-T6 milspec receiver extension
- Magpul MOE pistol grip
- SB Tactical SBA3 pistol brace
- Wise Men Company SBA3 Splitfix
- Magpul gen2 MS3 sling
- ACS steel 20-round magazines

UPPER RECEIVER
- MAS Defense complete upper receiver (10.5" barrel, 9.85". M-LOK rail)
- MAS Defense bolt carrier group
- Raptor ambi charging handle
- Naroh Arms M-LOK hand stop
- Inforce WML weapon light
- Magpul MBUS2 backup sights
- Holosun HS403GU micro red dot sight
- American Defense QD T1 micro absolute co-witness height riser mount

AR-9 PISTOL BUILD

LOWER RECEIVER
- Foxtrot Mike billet lower
- ALG Defense QMS fire control group w/ Foxtrot Mike disconnector spring
- Battle Arms Development ambi 50 degree safety
- Battle Arms Development titanium receiver pins
- VLTOR SASE-2E receiver end plate (large H&K type single-point sling attachment point)
- Foxtrot Mike 6.4 ounce buffer
- DPMS 308 carbine spring
- 7075-T6 milspec receiver extension
- Magpul MOE pistol grip
- SB Tactical SBA3 pistol brace
- Wise Men Company SBA3 Splitfix
- Magpul gen2 MS3 sling
- Magpul GL9 Glock pattern 27-round PMAG's

UPPER RECEIVER
- Stern Defense complete upper receiver (8.5" barrel, 3.25" blast can, 10" M-LOK rail)
- Foxtrot Mike bolt carrier group
- Naroh Arms M-LOK hand stop
- Inforce WML weapon light
- Raptor ambi charging handle
- Magpul MBUS2 backup sights
- Holosun HS503GU micro red dot sight
- American Defense QD T1 micro absolute co-witness height riser mount
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gvazquez] [#24]
Decided to design and make a Brace. I call it the M-Forearm

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By gvazquez:

https://i.imgur.com/HGPBSW3h.jpg
View Quote

Stupid question, how are you going to pitch that stock as a brace? Just want to know what’s required for a stock to be considered a brace
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Amped:

Stupid question, how are you going to pitch that stock as a brace? Just want to know what’s required for a stock to be considered a brace
View Quote

This is not a stock, a stock is designed with the intention to rest the weapon on the shoulder. I designed and manufactured this brace. This brace/stabilizer/blade, whatever you want to call it, was designed with a flat vertical surface to aid the shooter in supporting the weapon such as other devices on the market like the shockwave blade . It features a lever to move the brace to the desired position also similar to what the shockwave blade 2.0 offers. The rear does not have a flat surface such as stocks normally do which provide a large surface area for contact on the body. In comparison, the rear surface area is also similar to the shockwave.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#27]

This is not a stock, a stock is designed with the intention to rest the weapon on the shoulder. I designed and manufactured this brace. This brace/stabilizer/blade, whatever you want to call it, was designed with a flat vertical surface to aid the shooter in supporting the weapon such as other devices on the market like the shockwave blade . It features a lever to move the brace to the desired position also similar to what the shockwave blade 2.0 offers. The rear does not have a flat surface such as stocks normally do which provide a large surface area for contact on the body. In comparison, the rear surface area is also similar to the shockwave.
View Quote

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Hot ASF.

Are you selling? If so, IN
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Que the ATF guy in the bush's Gif........

You know, posting that without an ATF approval letter is real retarded sir.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TEMPLARKNIGHT:

Que the ATF guy in the bush's Gif........

You know, posting that without an ATF approval letter is real retarded sir.
View Quote

You can take a look at the direct comparison to the Shockwave in this post for more info: M-Forearm Brace

Here is v2.0 - Shorter and added a reinforcement edge on the vertical stabilizing area.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskacajun] [#32]

-Clint
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Does it have an ATF approval letter?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#34]
No. This brace is designed and made around existing technologies that have been approved for use with braces/blades/stabilizers .

1. It is designed and intended to support the forearm of an operator with the flat vertical surface.
2. It features a mechanism that allows for adjustments.
3. Utilizes a carbine buffer tube which has also been approved for use on pistols.
4. The surface area of the rear is no different than the shockwave.
5. Length of pull is less than 13.5"

Yes, I understand that ATF states that opinion letters only apply to that specific item in for review, but here is a response someone else received from SB regarding why the SBA3 & SBA4 don't have a letter:

Thank you for your interest in SB Tactical. We do not have a letter specific to the SBA3/SBA4 because the ATF requires submission for new technology. In 2004, they approved use of a carbine receiver extension on pistols. In 2012, they approved our bifurcated flap with a strap as a Pistol Stabilizing Brace. And in 2015, they approved adjustability for SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces. The SBA3/SBA4 is a combination of 3 previously approved technologies. All three letters are attached for reference.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJ_BPK] [#35]

Yes, I understand that ATF states that opinion letters only apply to that specific item in for review, but here is a response someone else received from SB regarding why the SBA3 & SBA4 don't have a letter:

View Quote

Not a 2L, but I think you need to look at SB's responce in context

"WE, at SB, do not need another ATF letter as we already have one for ths technology"

You on the other hand do not have any letter for your product.

Not unlike saying, because SilencerCO has an ATF letter for their suppressors, I don't need one because mine is simular technology..

My $00.000002
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Nice.

Two questions:  What grip is that?  And is that a Saddleback Leather briefcase?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Northcountry2007] [#37]
No. This brace is designed and made around existing technologies that have been approved for use with braces/blades/stabilizers .

1. It is designed and intended to support the forearm of an operator with the flat vertical surface.
3. Utilizes a carbine buffer tube which has also been approved for use on pistols.

View Quote

It sounds as though you are trying to reassure yourself that what you are doing is legal and justified, but it doesn't seem to be convincing anyone here.  You can do as you please but I wouldn't want to be you when this comes back to bite you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:56:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0002s] [#38]
Originally Posted By DaTrueDave:

Nice.

Two questions:  What grip is that?  And is that a Saddleback Leather briefcase?
View Quote

Thanks

ERGO and Yes (nice catch, circa 2004ish)
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Northcountry2007:

It sounds as though you are trying to reassure yourself that what you are doing is legal and justified, but it doesn't seem to be convincing anyone here.  You can do as you please but I wouldn't want to be you when this comes back to bite you.
View Quote

I'm convinced.  

Other than "but you don't have a letter!" can you explain why you believe this is somehow illegal?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Northcountry2007:
View Quote

I agree. There's a fine line between stocks and braces and just because you or I might "think" it's a brace, doesn't make it so.
If people keep stretching the envelope of the law, don't be surprised when there's a backlash from the Feds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:22:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gvazquez] [#41]
First prototype of the handguards I am working on. Some changes and adjustments to come.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TonyAngel:
I've been away for a while, but this Corona thing has me locked and bored with time to bang on the keyboard, so I thought I'd take a stab a building a pistol.  I put this together two nights ago...

Pic

KawValley 2.5" Magnum Comp
Ballistic Advantage 10.5" in 5.56 1:7
Yankee Hill flip up front sight/gas block
MOE SL handguards
MAS Defense slick side upper
BCM bolt and carrier
MagPul BUS
Spike's lower
KAK Shockwave Blade and buffer tube
Spike's ST-T2 buffer
MOE K-2 grip
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Aero LPK
Trijicon TA44 ACOG
American Defense mount
View Quote

@TonyAngel

I have a question for you. I'm been thinking about replacing the A2 front sight post on my 10.5 inch PSA AR pistol. I was thinking of using one of the Yankee Hill machine flip up front sight post like you have. I also have the same Magpul SL handguard.

Which model sight did you get and how do you like it? Does it move at all in the upwards position, or does it lock solidly? I actually would be using the iron sights quite often so it would be flipped up and down a lot. I don't want to loosen up over time. Did you have to modify the handguard much to get it to fit?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:09:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffreymoline] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Nothing special. Just my daily beater.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskacajun] [#45]

Got it painted last night... still waiting on a couple things to complete it 🤗

-Clint
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

@TonyAngel

I have a question for you. I'm been thinking about replacing the A2 front sight post on my 10.5 inch PSA AR pistol. I was thinking of using one of the Yankee Hill machine flip up front sight post like you have. I also have the same Magpul SL handguard.

Which model sight did you get and how do you like it? Does it move at all in the upwards position, or does it lock solidly? I actually would be using the iron sights quite often so it would be flipped up and down a lot. I don't want to loosen up over time. Did you have to modify the handguard much to get it to fit?
View Quote

I got the one at MASDefense.com

They have a blow out on Yankee Hill stuff and I just grabbed it because it was relatively cheap.  When open, it does lock up, but does have some play in it.  I don't know if this is it being a little loose or by design.  It is under spring tension, so if you bump it and it moves slightly toward closing, it does spring back into place.  I've been using it a good bit and it's solid.  No point of impact shifts.  It doesn't move side to side at all.  Just front to back, and like I said, it springs back into place.  While you're there you might want to take a peak at the Ballistic Advantage barrels.  I got mine for like $125.

BTW, I made a few changes.  This is what that pistol looks like now...Newly renovated
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ParaBellum123] [#47]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#48]
My newest Pistol build.  

Everyone likes shooting the pistols better than the rifles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarlosC] [#49]

View Quote

Man, I applaud and support you for what you're doing and I'm super interested, but the only thing that would hold me back - and I suspect many others - is that ATF letter. How much can it hurt to just submit your design and get a ruling in writing? If the ATF says yes, imagine what a selling point that would be????? You would then be sitting pretty with an approval letter for your design, opening the door to different versions under the design umbrella. Be sure to protect your design legally too, you don't want others copying it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 187
Tacked AR Pistol Picture ONLY Thread. (Page 166 of 187)
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top