Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Tacked AR Pistol Picture ONLY Thread. (Page 149 of 187)
Page / 187
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I officially have a problem with strange-colored .30 cal AR pistols...

SOLGW MK10 added to the haram. She's a loud bitch if you don't keep a muzzle on her.

Link Posted: 3/24/2019 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
What mag caddie/coupler is that binding the mags together?  I haven't seen it before but like it better than the magpul I'm currently using.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By former_usmc:
What mag caddie/coupler is that binding the mags together?  I haven't seen it before but like it better than the magpul I'm currently using.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@former_usmc

its not a coupler, but an israeli mag carrier.

FAB Defense mag carrier
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXJarhead] [#4]
View Quote
@bushmaster069

Copy  thanks!  I also like what you did with the bags!
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
@bushmaster069

View All Quotes
@bushmaster069

thanks.  i got the idea from another member here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Loving the Snek lower.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like something my GI Joes would have carried back in the early 80s. I dig it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:

SOLGW MK10 added to the haram. She's a loud bitch if you don't keep a muzzle on her.

https://i.imgur.com/fINM22T.jpg
View Quote
I dig the deep bronze color. Btw, what’s the flash hider you are using on those two pistols? And what is that flip up sight on the middle pistol? It looks very low profile.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texas_mustang_01] [#9]
Originally Posted By yrs:
I dig the deep bronze color. Btw, what's the flash hider you are using on those two pistols? And what is that flip up sight on the middle pistol? It looks very low profile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By yrs:
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:

https://i.imgur.com/fINM22T.jpg
I dig the deep bronze color. Btw, what's the flash hider you are using on those two pistols? And what is that flip up sight on the middle pistol? It looks very low profile.
They're M400 uppers: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-sauer-flash-hider-3-prong-5-56.html

Sights on those are Magpul MBUS Pros. I love them for pistols.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Rock and Roll

Link Posted: 3/27/2019 4:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ttod] [#11]
300 Blackout.

Link Posted: 3/27/2019 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
Rock and Roll

https://i.imgur.com/zZm2cre.jpg
View Quote
That's hot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Almost got my pistol ready for this runway
Waiting on a couple more items to be delivered
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried to get your pic to work, but failed.

Maybe upload them to www.imgur.com instead?
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:
Seekins build with complete SBR8 upper and stripped lower, used Seekins LPK with ALG ACT trigger.  Waiting on a Q Plan-B for the Omega so I don't have to pull the handguard to remove/install the can.

https://i.imgur.com/8rY3ux6.jpg?1
View Quote
@FrankW134 How do you like the seekins hanguard with the recessed suppressor? Thinking of doing that with my nomad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Fde 221 by jason121580, on Flickr[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By OhioRangeTime:
@FrankW134 How do you like the seekins hanguard with the recessed suppressor? Thinking of doing that with my nomad.
View All Quotes
Seekins build with complete SBR8 upper and stripped lower, used Seekins LPK with ALG ACT trigger.  Waiting on a Q Plan-B for the Omega so I don't have to pull the handguard to remove/install the can.

I wish it had just a little more clearance, the screws on the hand stop need to be trimmed to prevent rubbing on the can.  The handguard is solid though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish it had just a little more clearance, the screws on the hand stop need to be trimmed to prevent rubbing on the can.  The handguard is solid though.
View All Quotes

that's an issue with mlok.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:46:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKshooter] [#19]

I posted this in the budget thread, but when I totaled it up I found that adding the Law folder and Holosun ACSS foiled my original purpose.  Of course it was more of a budget build for me, as I had the sig brace, a2 grip, etc just gathering dust...
All prices approximate
Poverty Pony Lower $85
PSA 8.5" Pistol-length 300AAC Blackout 1/7 Nitride 7" M-Lok Railed Upper - With BCG & CH $259
Holosun ACSS $200
Sig Brace $100
Gun show Sling $15
PSA D&H mag $7
Olight Pl2 $90
Law Tactical folder $200
Lower build kit $45
Angled foregrip $9
------------------------------------------------
$1,010

Fits nice in the $60 backpack
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#20]
My "budget" pistol.  It started life as a PSA 10.5 build kit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#21]
My provider of giggles...

Link Posted: 4/4/2019 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#22]

My entry to the party. Started out as a 10.5” bare pistol lower.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I finally have my 9" 300 BLK in it's final configuration and I love it. I put a Nikon 3x32mm scope on it. Just enough to make it viable for me as a deer gun, yet still fine as a home defense weapon. The Nikon is bright, compact, lightweight and has a fast "eyebox" for me. I wonder why Nikon has discontinued this nice optic. The fixed length SBM4 with an APF tube is the perfect pull length for me and is very sturdy. I like the SBA3 on my smaller 9mm fun gun, but for me the SBM4 is better for heavier use as in hunting and being more sturdy.

Link Posted: 4/7/2019 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ggkthnx:
My provider of giggles...

https://i.imgur.com/m8upEW1.jpg
View Quote
Steel case or aluminum? Either way, you don’t have any problems with this set up?
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve built 3 in the past year...
I’m a big fan of Strikes Industries and Magpul
The AR9 was a headache at first but now she’s flawless.

Link Posted: 4/8/2019 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Double 40 on the 7.5

Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RwithThe40:
Double 40 on the 7.5

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lw9839.jpg
View Quote
That's a whole lotta hate in a little package.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RwithThe40] [#28]
I had originally put this AR9 together after a lot of research. When I finally took it out to the range, she gave me a lot of problems.
2 round bursts
Failure to feed
Failure to reset trigger
OOB fire (mag blew out the bottom and the shell case mushroomed at the bottom)

After the OOB malfunction I got pretty scared to try it again. It literally blew up in my face. So I went home and did some more reading.

The key to a reliable AR9 is the reciprocating mass weight. It is also critical to use a reciprocating weight buffer and NOT A SOLID buffer. I know some will say they have a solid buffer and it works for them, I say maybe their BCG is lighter? I don’t know, I’m still new to all this and learning as I go along.
I originally went with a Foxtrot Mike FM9 solid buffer, weighing in at 6.5oz
My Guntec Glock BCG with added weight in the back, weighs 14.8oz giving me a total mass of 21.3oz, along with a standard AR15 carbine spring.

So I ended up getting rid of the Anderson trigger group parts, I removed the FM9 buffer and carbine spring, and installed some new parts after some researching.
I went with the Expo Arms H2 buffer that I have in my 7.5” AR pistol; weighing 4.7oz for a total mass of 19.5oz
I threw some quarters in the buffer tube until the BCG had about an 1/8” of play from the bolt catch to rear of the buffer.

I ordered a JP spring kit, WMD NiB trigger, a disconnector and left the standard Anderson hammer and hammer spring.

I went with the H3 for a total mass of 20.16oz
Now she runs flawless. Rapid fire is no longer a problem.

OAL:
21 7/8” fully collapsed
24 1/4” extended

Without flash can, collapsed : 19 3/4”
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RwithThe40] [#29]
I had an extremely long post documenting my AR9 build but I have a 2000 character limit cuz I’m new so I had to shorten it up, any questions let me know and I’ll get back to you.

On a side note: I only felt confident enough to take it out again after I did a slow motion video of the bolt going into battery, with no visible bolt bounce.
If you have a newer iPhone, the camera is good enough that you can CLEARLY see the bolt bounce if the problem is present.
Slow mo with both carbine spring and 308 spring using FM9 buffer, shows bolt bounce.
With Luth Arms 9mm buffer, shows bolt bounce.
With H2 and H3, both carbine and 308 spring, the slow motion video shows a solid lock up when the bolt goes into battery. I chose to go with the 308 spring because I wanted to tame the recoil. And $2.75 in the buffer tube for a perfect LRBHO function and no fear of a broken bolt catch.
My firing pin however, is looking very rough when I took it out to clean it!

Specs:

PSA PG-9 Glock mag lower
Guntec USA 5.5” barrel/ complete upper
Guntec USA 3 1/4” Faux suppressor
Guntec USA handstop
Magpul rail covers
KAK Blade 2.0 adjustable pistol brace
308 carbine spring
ExpoArms H3 buffer weight
$2.75 of quarters in the buffer tube
Magpul MOE K2+ pistol grip
Magpul pistol grip oil bottle insert
CMMG firing pin spring
Strikes Industries silver takedown pins
Strikes Industries red charging handle
Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot 2.0 MOA
WMD nickel boron trigger
DS Arms disconnector
JPE trigger and disconnector spring
Standard Mil-Spec hammer spring
AWP trigger pins
Rock River Arms Star Safety selector

LRBHO works with 17rd and 33rd Glock mags only.
Over 150 rounds of 115gr Fed Champ, WWB 115gr, Remington 115gr, no malfunctions. That’s after 100 rounds of many malfunctions. Total ~250rds
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Specs:

PSA PG-9 Glock mag lower
Guntec USA 5.5" barrel/ complete upper
Guntec USA 3 1/4" Faux suppressor
Guntec USA handstop
Magpul rail covers
KAK Blade 2.0 adjustable pistol brace
308 carbine spring
ExpoArms H3 buffer weight
$2.75 of quarters in the buffer tube
Magpul MOE K2+ pistol grip
Magpul pistol grip oil bottle insert
CMMG firing pin spring
Strikes Industries silver takedown pins
Strikes Industries red charging handle
Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot 2.0 MOA
WMD nickel boron trigger
DS Arms disconnector
JPE trigger and disconnector spring
Standard Mil-Spec hammer spring
AWP trigger pins
Rock River Arms Star Safety selector

LRBHO works with 17rd and 33rd Glock mags only.
Over 150 rounds of 115gr Fed Champ, WWB 115gr, Remington 115gr, no malfunctions. That's after 100 rounds of many malfunctions. Total ~250rds
View Quote
Nice looking ar9. Sorry it was such a pain in the ass but I'm glad you got it figured out. I liked the $2.75 in the buffer tube.  That's a trick I hadn't heard before.  This is my lone wolf ar9. Probably going to cut the 9.5" barrel down to 5.5 so my tirant 45 suppressor can sit half recessed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RwithThe40] [#31]
Nice looking ar9. Sorry it was such a pain in the ass but I'm glad you got it figured out. I liked the $2.75 in the buffer tube.  That's a trick I hadn't heard before.  This is my lone wolf ar9. Probably going to cut the 9.5" barrel down to 5.5 so my tirant 45 suppressor can sit half recessed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214613/F40A2764-40C7-4E3F-BE88-CB8F657118FD_jpeg-905630_JPG-906220.JPG
View Quote
That’s a nice AR9 for sure! I’m digging the FDE accessories. Mind if I ask what’s your buffer set up? And how much does your bcg and buffer weigh together? Spring?
I read about the quarters and was very hesitant about it. That’s why I went with the extended buffer. But the quarters really give you that perfect stroke length. I might switch to some 1 1/4” washers so that I still get some function out of the vent hole in the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#32]

That's a nice AR9 for sure! I'm digging the FDE accessories. Mind if I ask what's your buffer set up? And how much does your bcg and buffer weigh together? Spring?
I read about the quarters and was very hesitant about it. That's why I went with the extended buffer. But the quarters really give you that perfect stroke length. I might switch to some 1 1/4" washers so that I still get some function out of the vent hole in the buffer tube.
View Quote
Thanks. To be honest the internals are all factory lone wolf and I'm not sure what they use.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By bushmaster069:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bushmaster069:

It was an easy fix with a Dremel.  I don't have much room, but nothing is touching without applying lateral pressure to the suppressor.  Ive also installed a scout light with a offset Arisaka mount on the left side that I will be moving to a Unity Fusion setup off the 12 o'clock rail once I get a peq15.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By splunkinoob:
http://i64.tinypic.com/30aauiv.jpg
View Quote
Nice build. Still the best looking handguard out there in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:24:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: viralinsurgency] [#36]
This is my latest build...

New Frontier Armory C5 Lower with a rear-charging Slick Side C5 Upper,
Faxon 14.9 oz 9mm blowback bolt carrier group,
7.5 inch SS barrel,
Spikes Tactical Battle Trigger,
Strike Industry shift pins,
7.5oz KVP 9mm Blowback Buffer,
SBA3 brace,
Red Cerakote Seekins Bolt Catch and Ambi Safety,
& a KAK micro flash can to finish it off.

Shoots like a dream, with very little kick thanks to the heavy buffer and BCG.  Feels like a 22LR!  
No FTF or FTE, after almost a thousand rounds, and it shoots very tight groupings.
It’s my favorite firearm, although that might change once I finish my new 10.5 upper for a 5.56 pistol.  Time will tell.

Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#37]

This is the 5.56 pistol build, with an Aero Precision PEW PEW lower, 7.5” barrel, Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1, and an AT3 tactical Red Dot.
Assembling the 10.5” upper this week, with a very heavy Resistance Armory fat mofo flash can and a stainless steel barrel.  
While I haven’t had any problems with the 7.5” barrel in terms of accuracy or function out to 100yds, it throws brass about 30 feet.
Thinking the longer barrel will make better use of the round’s propulsion and gas, and be accurate out to 200-300yds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Your stoc... err... pistol brace looks like it melted a bit lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ErikInAZ:
This is my latest build...

Shoots like a dream, with very little kick thanks to the heavy buffer and BCG.  Feels like a 22LR!  
No FTF or FTE, after almost a thousand rounds, and it shoots very tight groupings.
It’s my favorite firearm, although that might change once I finish my new 10.5 upper for a 5.56 pistol.  Time will tell.

http://erikschielke.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/B79EBC1F-61BF-4E69-87C0-64E38D825218.jpeg
View Quote
Wow what a beauty! Loving the MP5 styling. I just took my AR9 out this weekend and she was working very well but now it seems the bolt won’t hold open on the last round anymore. I changed the bolt catch because it looked a little chewed up by the BCG, but still nothing. They are very fun regardless of LRBHO function, but I wish it would work like it’s supposed to. Does the C5 hold open?

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WinterIsComingXII:

Your stoc... err... pistol brace looks like it melted a bit lol.
View Quote
You know they are soft polymer, right? Pulling the strap tight does that.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wadeb19] [#41]
Put together my first lower today . Nothing special . $269.99 Gray PSA  Blade pistol kit .  Bought the SBA3 EPT + kit a few days later , then added a Magpul SL handguard and K2 grip . Then finished it off with a gray Split Fix .

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 2:41:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Wow what a beauty! Loving the MP5 styling. I just took my AR9 out this weekend and she was working very well but now it seems the bolt won’t hold open on the last round anymore. I changed the bolt catch because it looked a little chewed up by the BCG, but still nothing. They are very fun regardless of LRBHO function, but I wish it would work like it’s supposed to. Does the C5 hold open?

http://i66.tinypic.com/21jx8j6.jpg
View Quote
Thank you!  My Slick C-5 upper doesn’t have LRBHO but you can pay extra for an upper that does.  I have seen some aftermarket add-ons as well, but I heard too many horror stories to bother.  It’s a range toy, so I am not worried about leisurely mag swaps.  I hope you get yours working again, though, since it is designed to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ErikInAZ:

Thank you!  My Slick C-5 upper doesn’t have LRBHO but you can pay extra for an upper that does.  I have seen some aftermarket add-ons as well, but I heard too many horror stories to bother.  It’s a range toy, so I am not worried about leisurely mag swaps.  I hope you get yours working again, though, since it is designed to.
View Quote
Thanks for sharing! I was working on it last night and o think the BHO bar tab that touches the mag follower needs to be bent down very slightly... and the spring that came in there is pretty useless, I’ll try to swap it out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
This has gone through a few iterations. It started with a Thordson Cheek Rest but I broke the plastic saddle on my cheek and shoulder when I was firing a buddy's 458 SOCOM pistol upper. That was fun.  So I picked up a KAK blade which was ok but because Primary Arms knows how to throw a sale and get me to swipe a card, I got the SBA3 that I've always wanted. I absolutely love this brace and feel like I'm done with this one. It rides in the Hazard 4 sling bag that I picked up when Gander went out of business. Makes me realize I really need a Law Tactical folding adapter.

Andro Corp 7.5" 5.56 Upper
Noveske Flaming Pig
Tactical Machining Lower
Hogue Grip
SB Tactical SBA3
Random Lower Parts
Spikes Trigger Guard
MBUS
Holosun Dot

Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goldeyeslayer] [#45]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/912/41268435914_1048325f2e_k.jpgFam by J M, on Flickr
View Quote
Just curious, do you like multicam?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 1:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: viralinsurgency] [#48]
Finished the 10.5 barrel upper.

Link Posted: 4/20/2019 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Rattlecan.

Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Now that's an impressive rattle can job.
Page / 187
Tacked AR Pistol Picture ONLY Thread. (Page 149 of 187)
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top