Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:08:43 PM EDT
I really don't like complaining about a company unless its warranted, I know a lot of people on here are fanboys of faxon but at this point I don't care. I have a DPMS high profile 308 rifle that is using their headspaced barrel and bolt combo. The first issue was when I received the barrel and bolt for the first time the front threads on the muzzle were cut wrong and would not accept a muzzle device. I tried 3 different 5/8x24 muzzle devices  which were a thread protector, Surefire 7.62 brake and just a birdcage flash hider none of which would go onto the threads. And the bolt had some weird issue unlocking from the chamber it was very sticky and didn't want to unlock, so i decided faxon has a good customer service so I would contact them and have the parts replaced. they sent out a new barrel and bolt and this time the barrel accepted my muzzle brake and I figured everything was all good.

I honestly blame myself for not disassembling the new bolt and checking everything over before shooting but I figured the replacement parts would have been looked over with more scrutiny and I loaded up some snapcaps to check function and the rifle functioned kind of okay, the rifle had a hard time unlocking on the snap caps but I figured everything was new and needed to be broken in so I took the rifle to the range, first round fired but didn't extract and the bolt seized up like someone welded the fucker together. took a light to check and the ejector roll pin had loosened up and got swaged into the chamber lugs a bit so I took the rifle home and used a small pick to push the roll pin back into place and then tried to unlock the rifle again...  gun still would not unlock and i'm baffled, no amount of mortaring worked so I took a steel cleaning rod and hammer and put it down the barrel and tapped on the empty casing and sure enough it finally unlocks and brass pops out. I disassemble the bolt and the god damn monkeys at faxon didn't put the right spring where the extractor spring should be so the extractor had enough tension to function on snap caps but not enough on a expanded brass casing.

All of this could have been avoided if quality control at faxon firearms were actually doing their job, I just want faxon to shape up and do the right thing and not sell people stuff that isn't assembled right. hopefully this at least disrupts sales enough for them to pay attention to what they are selling

I will post pics as soon as I figure out who I can use to host images outside of photobucket
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
"I really don't like complaining about a company unless its warranted,....". And yet, here we are..

And so......what did Faxon customer service say/do when you called them about the ejector pin which you blamed yourself for not checking closer when things didnt feel right to begin with???

Inquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have gotten hold of Nathen on here. I'm sure he would have taken care of both problems. I've built a lot of guns with Faxon barrels, they fit perfectly and they shoot very accurately.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They have great customer service. I would talk to them they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
But seriously, how many times do you give someone before you call them out on stuff like this? Whatever happened to "right the first time"? OP has every right to call them out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure @Roguenathan can get you fixed up
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
yes I don't like complaining which is why I kept my mouth shut after the first incident, I gave the company a second chance because accidents happen. But when the replacement parts are just as bad as the original parts I have a problem with that. How does a company manage to send fudged up parts and then when contacted about the mistake and proceed send more fudged up parts? I find it odd that they didn't really ensure the replacement parts are up to par. You can stand behind them all you want but at the end of the day they messed up twice and that's why I am raising awareness, so that maybe they pay more attention.

also I never contacted roguenathan because I figured the customer service department could handle the situation
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes I don't like complaining which is why I kept my mouth shut after the first incident, I gave the company a second chance because accidents happen. But when the replacement parts are just as bad as the original parts I have a problem with that. How does a company manage to send fudged up parts and then when contacted about the mistake and proceed send more fudged up parts? I find it odd that they didn't really ensure the replacement parts are up to par. You can stand behind them all you want but at the end of the day they messed up twice and that's why I am raising awareness, so that maybe they pay more attention.

also I never contacted roguenathan because I figured the customer service department could handle the situation
View Quote
Contact Nathan I'm sure he will take care of you. I don't know what business you are in but every so often no matter how many inspections you do some parts get out there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't it be better to post here? Industries - Faxon
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top