Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2017 3:22:56 PM EDT
I did some research online already, and have not been able to find the answer, so I bring the question here.

Is the current Gen 2 Palmetto 308 lower compatible with most DPMS 308 uppers? I say most because I understand that there are some cosmetic differences in the shape of the 308 uppers. I happen to have a complete DPMS 308 rifle, and another Aero Precision 308 upper/barrel to assemble, so I wonder if these will fit on the Palmetto lower. I also recognize that it's best to stick with one manufacturer when it comes to the 308 AR, so if it really an issue, I'll just pick up a pair of Aero lowers. The Palmetto price for the 308 components is just too good to pass up.

Any experience on the compatibility of the DPMS upper and Palmetto Gen 2 lower?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
There were a lot of hit and miss fitment issues reported here.

At the current prices for their lowers and uppers, I don't know why anyone would not just match the receivers.

You're not doing yourself any favors trying to make different company's receivers work with each other in the imitation AR10 market.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top