Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2017 6:13:38 PM EDT
Does anybody have installation instructions for the DPMS G2 Recon quad rail? I bought one off of the EE for a build. It has the barrel nut, lock ring, and quad rail. What is the torque for this barrel nut, and is there any torque for the lock nut and/or handguard itself? I've searched the google and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anybody have installation instructions for the DPMS G2 Recon quad rail? I bought one off of the EE for a build. It has the barrel nut, lock ring, and quad rail. What is the torque for this barrel nut, and is there any torque for the lock nut and/or handguard itself? I've searched the google and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks.
View Quote

The torque for the barrrel nut would be the same 30-80 ft-lbf as any other barrel nut.  I would join the handguard and upper receiver rails with an old carry handle or the like.  Then guard a flat head screwdriver with masking or painters tape (if you don't have a spanner wrench) and give the lock ring a couple good whacks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty much what I figured. As long as the barrel nut is torqued to spec that's really all I'm concerned about. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
AR10s require more torque than AR15s in my experience.

Different legacy manufacturers who have been doing AR10s for decades now recommend heavier torque, I'm wanting to say somewhere around at least 50-60ft-lbs+.

I use as much torque as I can when installing a beast barrel nut, more towards 80ft-lbs personally.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top