Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:29:34 PM EDT
If so, what'd you think? Particularly interested on comparisons vs. DI "small frame" 308 guns... how it handled, if the added weight up front was a distraction, how smooth/ tame the action felt. I realize a lot of what I'm asking are pretty basic piston/ DI differences but I don't know if it would be a different game stepped up to the 308. All the reviews I've seen so far seem too rosy to put much stock into.

At some point I'd like to jump into the small frame 308 market, just chewing over options. DPMS is out for me on the name (not saying it's right, just saying I'm biased), I'd love to see Armalite put out a contender but I'm not holding my breath.... right now the two guns that have my eye the most are the POF Revolution and Mega's SF-MATEN. I'll be interested to see how the SF-MATEN reviews once it's out, but since it's MEGA I'm assuming it'll be pretty damn nice. I've never dropped this kind of coin on a gun purchase but it's mighty tempting. I love my two AR-10s but even the 16" is a bit of a pig.

I'd be curious any thoughts that are out there. Apologies if this should be in the piston forum, mods please move if necessary.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top