Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:13:13 PM EDT
I purchased one of their 7.62x39 side charger uppers w/ BCG, back in May when it went on sale for $199.  I had an extra Aero lower laying around, so for the price, what did I have to lose on a side-charger?
 I really didn't have high expectations due to issues that I remember from BCA in past years.  I've now ran 400 rds through and it's been flawless. I would like to add that I've been firing Tula steel and haven't had any issues with light strikes, feeding, nor extractions.

Per recommendations on the forum, I installed a Black Rifle Arms enhanced firing pin and a Wolff extra-power hammer spring. Comparing the firing pin that came with the upper, and the BRA one, they are the same length, but the BRA has a better finish.  

Accuracy has been 2.5 MOA when I slapped on my Trijicon Accupoint, (I plan to just keep irons on it) again with Tula ammo.
The finish on the upper, BCG, and barrel is very clean/nice and on par with my high-end rifles.
Overall, I'm pretty damn pleased with the upper and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to a friend for a fun blaster, especially on sale for $199.
(not a shill)
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you put it on a standard lower -- what mags does it use?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sounds like you put it on a standard lower -- what mags does it use?
View Quote
Correct, just a good Ol' Aero standard lower.
The mags, again recommend here, are the C-Product Defense (made in the USA) 30 rounders. I load 29, just too tight with 30.
I wish I would have picked up (2) 20 round and (2) 30's instead of purchasing (4) 30s'
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top