Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 9:42:02 AM EDT
Hey all!

As the title says, I have some questions for folks who own or have spent some time around the Knight's SR25 APC or ACC...

I'm looking to do a clone of a M110K1 and seeing as how finding the ECC or EMC is becoming more and more challenging, I'm looking at alternatives to get to my end goal. Namely, I'm hoping to purchase the APC and swap the rail and add a MAMS.

This got me thinking though as I couldn't get a good picture of it, is the gas block the same as the previous designs, or have they switched it up?

Are there any other major differences between these rifles that I may be overlooking? Or issues that might prevent me from such a swap?

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The gas block is the same as the Mod 2SR-15s. Very distinctive.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, still rifle length gas correct?

Looks like I'll be buying the correct gas block as well
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm, still rifle length gas correct?

Looks like I'll be buying the correct gas block as well
View Quote
Yes.

Search around some people have put ACC barrels and rails on their ECCS and might sell you a spare. You need the right barrel, they aren't interchangeable.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.

Search around some people have put ACC barrels and rails on their ECCS and might sell you a spare. You need the right barrel, they aren't interchangeable.
View Quote
That is good to know...What makes it proprietary? I know the ACC is a lighter profile, but I was under the assumption the APC barrel and the ECC barrel were the same, aside from gas block apparently.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The barrel is threaded at the gas block for the retaining nut.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
And OP, I'm sure you noticed the obvious, the barrel on the M110K1, EMC and ECC is chrome lined, heavy profile with dimples.  The APC has a non-chrome lined, medium profile, non-dimpled barrel  The ACC is chrome lined, a thinner profile and non-dimpled barrel.

In the Knights industry forum there is a thread that is for SR-25.  It breaks down some of the differences between the various models pretty well.  

IMHO, those dimples make the rifle just plain sexy...
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top