Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 5:02:56 PM EDT
Like the title says. Are there any other brand lowers even 80% that work with the PA-10 uppers? They are practically giving them away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Why you no likeey PSA lower?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Just want to know if I have options.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered the PSA AR10 18" MLOK upper and the matching PSA lower the other day during that ridiculous sale.

I also own an Aero M5 AR10. The new PSA upper came today, and I can tell you that they don't fit Aero lowers worth a shit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
My Gen2 PSA upper fit my Bushmaster .308 MOE lower perfect as far as the take down pins go. I did have to chamfer the top and side edges of the bolt release since the relief in the PSA upper is smaller than the Bushmaster upper. However, the combination is magazine sensitive for some reason. It does not like my D&H steel mags, LaRue mags or the Israeli mags. It runs perfect with the first gen P Mags though. The Gen 3 P mags seem to be hit and miss; the setup liking one but not another. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
For me, because there is no standard for large frame ARs, the first rule to a reliable gun is: Don't mix manufacturers for upper and lower, take down pins or bolt release.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me, because there is no standard for large frame ARs, the first rule to a reliable gun is: Don't mix manufacturers for upper and lower, take down pins or bolt release.
View Quote
True, but a complete upper with BCG and charging handle for $399 shipped, I was willing to take the chance. I can always buy one of their lowers later.  

ETA: Which I did last night. A complete lower is hard to pass up for $160 shipped. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered the PSA AR10 18" MLOK upper and the matching PSA lower the other day during that ridiculous sale.

I also own an Aero M5 AR10. The new PSA upper came today, and I can tell you that they don't fit Aero lowers worth a shit.
View Quote

Any details on this? Does it fit with some tweaking or does it not fit at all?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I posted this in the 308 FAQ portion, but I'll say it here, too.  I can tell you that a PSA 308 upper will NOT fit onto an 80% Arms lower.  The charging handle sits a bit too low and hangs up on top of where the buffer tube screws into the lower receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top