Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:51:06 PM EDT
Who makes the Rainier Arms 308 Match Barrels?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask them. They'll tell you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The match barrels were once made by Rock Creek.  Don't know now.

The Ultra Match barrels were made from Shilen blanks.  Now the site doesn't specify the maker.

In for an answer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I think some of their barrels were made by black hole weaponry at some point.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
They have three grades of barrel in one line, a hammered line and special runs. Some arrive complete and some are finished by a contractor nearby.

All are solid choices.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My RA 308 is a BHW. It shoots very well for a mid weight DMR build. 10 shot groups are between .92 and .96 MOA with FGMM.

I believe RA uses a mix of Rock Creek, Shilen, and BHW blanks. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
No offense, but that is ridiculous.  Customers want to know what they are getting, your not giving away the shop by providing the OEM.  Not to mention the cost that you ask for the barrels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No offense, but that is ridiculous.  Customers want to know what they are getting, your not giving away the shop by providing the OEM.  Not to mention the cost that you ask for the barrels.
View Quote
I take back what I said about them telling people. At one time it was more public. At the same time you know what you are getting. RA barrels are a known quantity with a long record. For what it's worth they also have the prettiest threads and crowns I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Like most customers of custom barrels I want to know everything about the product when I'm shopping. For the life of me I can't understand why it should be a secret. It raises suspicion on my part, simply because most businesses hire the cheapest supplier.

With that being said I have several of Rainier Arms ultra-match barrels and have nothing but praise for them. They aren't the only company that won't discuss their supply chain. Even utilitarian items like bolt carrier group's manufacturer won't be revealed which makes me even more sceptical.

I usually buy bolt carrier groups from Stag Arms  because I can be reasonably certain that it was made by Continental Machine Tool, their parent company.

Many top barrels are contracted through Compass Lake Engineering because they have the machining capacity to produce in volume. They also have a stellar reputation.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boy you have a lot to learn!

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
So you intentionally want to pay for a name rather than performance?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]
My question was for curiosity/information - not for costing/price search.
I have one of their 308 20" match barrels and it is very nice. I assume it is made to their specifications and their QC.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:39:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My question was for curiosity/information - not for costing/price search.
I have one of their 308 20" match barrels and it is very nice. I assume it is made to their specifications and their QC.
View Quote
Ranier Arms is a solid company. I was there last week to pick up components for a pistol build.

Call 'em up and ask. I was there for over an hour talking to multiple dudes because I had several things on my list and they're all shooters. No bullshit from anyone.

It really is extraordinary to get all your questions answered with actual answers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not concerned with the maker, only the performance, and I have had nothing but outstanding results using Rainier barrels in several different calibers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am not concerned with the maker, only the performance, and I have had nothing but outstanding results using Rainier barrels in several different calibers.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top