Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 11:23:49 AM EDT
Is there slim handguards like the BCM KMR alpha handguards for the 308?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My SLR ION is pretty slim.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The Centurion Arms 308 CMR is really slim and light. But it doesn't come in keymod or m-loc.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Guntec's AR15 ultra lightweight slimline rails looks to be identical dimensions inside and out to the KMR.  I have one of their 15 inch rails over a 14.7 Wilson combat barrel with a KAK slimline flash can pinned and welded.  I have the exact same hand guard for a new 20 inch build, just waiting on the barrel to arrive.  So I think they are good to go, but I do not have a one of their 308 ultralight slimline hand guards yet.  They have a 1.48 inch internal diameter versus 1.3 inch for the ar15 line.  From the pictures on Guntec's website they appear to be very slim, but i'll just post the links and you can decide.

Guntec's website
Optic's Planet $114 for a 15 inch black 308 rail
EDIT: current sale at opticsplanet would put them at $103 with free shipping this weekend, may be cheaper somewhere else, this is where I ordered mine from.

Like I said, I don't have the 308 version, but if you choose to go this route..... 2 tips, one skip using the factory included wrench for the barrel nut, it's flimsy and will flex under torque.  the flats on the barrel nut are wide enough for a crow's foot or standard wrench.  2, I have the m-lok version, and on the ar15 version atleast, factory magpul mlok accessories need the screws ground down or they might contact the barrel.  Mine did, might not be an issue with a pencil barrel.

Here is my 14.7 inch WC barrel with the KAK flash can tucked inside.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there slim handguards like the BCM KMR alpha handguards for the 308?
View Quote
You have to match the free float to the receiver height and then you can go look at your options.

MI has always been my go to for these things.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an SLR Helix on my MATen (DPMS high.)

The Helix 308 is .14" wider than the KMR.

Height wise, it's .13 taller from the bottom of the rail to the peak of the pic rails.

Where the top rail doesn't exist, they are the same height.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top