Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2017 4:04:16 PM EDT
I just shot my new build 6.5 grendel.it is a classic 16 inch barrel and a Odin bcg.the first 2 shots were fine,stuck on the 3rd..how can I get it out?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a fired case? Or like a case head seperation?

Carefully tap poke it out with a cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the full bullet stuck or the fired brass?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
ok,i got the round out..it was unfired...once i git home i used a screw driver and kinda pryed the bcg backwards and it unlocked...so,i think what happened was the bcg didnt go fully into battery.i pulled the trigger and only got a click.i should add that im using a x-products side charger upper.it uses a special shaped cam,which is installed properly.i notice that sometimes while cycling the gun empty,the bcg dosnt go fully into battery and if i dry fire the gun,the hammer falling pushes the bcg the rest of the way in...im kinda lost
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok,i got the round out..it was unfired...once i git home i used a screw driver and kinda pryed the bcg backwards and it unlocked...so,i think what happened was the bcg didnt go fully into battery.i pulled the trigger and only got a click.i should add that im using a x-products side charger upper.it uses a special shaped cam,which is installed properly.i notice that sometimes while cycling the gun empty,the bcg dosnt go fully into battery and if i dry fire the gun,the hammer falling pushes the bcg the rest of the way in...im kinda lost
View Quote
Use plenty of lube and cycle it about 40-50 times. And check for the o-ring in the extractor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Use plenty of lube and cycle it about 40-50 times. And check for the o-ring in the extractor.
View Quote
ok,ill give that a go!thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
soo..i feel really dumb!!..it turns out that the upper i had a stuck case in got that way i think,due my retardation.i built this upper using a xproducts side charger.it is non recip.after it is charged,the charge handle must be manually seated back to full close...so,now it shoots great!...with hornady ,i got 5 shots right at .088 and wolf was 1.72..im pretty pleased for a 80 dollar barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!! I've had real good luck with an 18 inch Classic 223 wylde barrel.  Just under moa with fgmm 69 gr.  For a $60 barrel i am more then happy also, and i've been following all these different caliber threads to see how everyone else is fairing.  i'm thinking my next build will be with one of their 10.5 inch 300 BO barrels.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
so... it turns that it's not a reciprocating charging handle?

LOL, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you

...nope, I was wrong.  I'm laughing at you

But I'm glad you figured it out
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
If this were the computer industry, that would be called an ID 10 T Error.....

Im joking of course. I have to admit my fair share of mistakes. lol
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top