Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 1:29:25 PM EDT
I have DPMS LR 308 lower ready to go. All put together.

PSA and AIM have some uppers that I found to be of decent quality and price.

I want to know if they will fit and be cosmetically pleasing. (Will they look llike the belong together?)

Both make note of Gen1 and Gen2, and how they will look and function. How do I know which one I have?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
tough question.  My experience with .308 AR is that you should mate the same brands.  

There are some that fit nicely together, and maybe someone has done a pictorial review.  The issue is that each manufacturer is not standard, and while most all have settled on standards for barrel extension and thread pattern, as well as buffer tube and buffer (Armalite or DPMS, that is), there are still differences in bolts and BCG from time to time, and upper and lower is no-way standard.  I have seen KAC and LMT fit nicely, because they build for each other, but even those guys have some subtle cosmetic differences.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I'd definitely stay with same brand upper/lower if I were you. Most other stuff (barrel, bcg, R/E, etc) can be sorted out, but upper/lower fit will be mostly proprietary.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread about the AIM ProFab upper.
No one put it on a DPMS LR-308 Lower?
Archived Thread
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top