BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:01:49 PM EDT
To head to the range!

Trying to conceive

Birth

It took me awhile and I've been waiting on Magpul to release the Gen2 UBR but I got impatient and decided to opt for the ACS-L.

I still am waiting for headspace gauges to arrive before I can take it out.

I'll get better HQ pics later this week hopefully.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Double up on hearing protection!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand your excitement but I would seriously consider starting with something not as loud. ie. a 22 or put a 22 conversion kit in it.

I started mine in my lap gun under their armpit and against my shoulder. and from the first time and every time. it's all about safety. safety on, aim, take safety off let them pull the trigger till the mag was dry, safety on and repeat. lol

I'm just getting my almost 6yo to the point where he can use the irons. bought him a savage rascal for his 4th b-day. tried irons with little to no luck. folded put on a red dot he does pretty good with that. some trips i'll take it off and see how he does with irons. still working on it but were getting there.

we took mom's centerpiece from thanks giving (a small pumpkin) and he shot the AR for the first time. the reaction was priceless! he pulled the trigger and was like WOAH! and just motionless in disbelief. lol he missed and wanted me to shoot it but it was so comical how serious he got after shooting it. I think he had a immediate respect of the power even though 5.56 may not be much to us.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand your excitement but I would seriously consider starting with something not as loud. ie. a 22 or put a 22 conversion kit in it.

I started mine in my lap gun under their armpit and against my shoulder. and from the first time and every time. it's all about safety. safety on, aim, take safety off let them pull the trigger till the mag was dry, safety on and repeat. lol

I'm just getting my almost 6yo to the point where he can use the irons. bought him a savage rascal for his 4th b-day. tried irons with little to no luck. folded put on a red dot he does pretty good with that. some trips i'll take it off and see how he does with irons. still working on it but were getting there.

we took mom's centerpiece from thanks giving (a small pumpkin) and he shot the AR for the first time. the reaction was priceless! he pulled the trigger and was like WOAH! and just motionless in disbelief. lol he missed and wanted me to shoot it but it was so comical how serious he got after shooting it. I think he had a immediate respect of the power even though 5.56 may not be much to us.
View Quote
I desperately need a like button.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Patience Grasshopper, he will be ready soon enough.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that OP will be just fine shooting his .308.  Wear proper hearing protection and all will be good.  A .308 round in a semiauto is a pussycat compared to many other rounds and platforms.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
His rifle is 2 fellas...
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, read his previous threads.  His rifle is 2 years old and finally ready for the range, not taking his 2 year old child out to shoot the 308.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep, read his previous threads.  His rifle is 2 years old and finally ready for the range, not taking his 2 year old child out to shoot the 308.
View Quote
I do take my 2.5 year old son to the range. But it's our NERF range. Lol

My wife got me the receiver set right after our son was born. So I consider this gun to be my other child.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My wife got me the receiver set right after our son was born. So I consider this gun to be my other child.
View Quote
ahh! didn't even catch that it was a .308. well that's a horse of a different color then

have at it and happy shooting!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you won't have long to wait time flies.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh i forgot here's the build specs for those curious.

Lower Receiver Group

- Aero Precision M5 Lower
- Damage Industries Teflon deter and spring kit
- Magpul MOE grip
- AP take down and pivot pins and bolt catch
- Armalite Mag Catch
- Geissele SSA-E trigger
- Vltor AR10-A5SR buffer tube
- Magpul ACS-L stock
- Armalite AR10 action spring
- Spikes Tactical ST-T3 buffer

Upper Receiver Group

- AP upper
- Centurion Arms 308 14" CMR
- Mega Arms 16" barrel
- Faxon bcg
- Odin Works adjustable gas block
- BCM Mod 4 charging handle
- Magpul Mbus sights
- BCM Gunfighter 308 comp
-
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a couple of photos I got of her

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I desperately need a like button.
View Quote
+1s are sufficient here. This ain't the Facebooks or the instatwitchats.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1s are sufficient here. This ain't the Facebooks or the instatwitchats.
View Quote
But it's better we have cooler toy's!  And hopefully less liberal influence.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is hard to wrap the mind around that.  If a build takes me more than a week, from start to firing, I would lose my shit.

OP forgot scope and mount.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It is hard to wrap the mind around that.  If a build takes me more than a week, from start to firing, I would lose my shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah life happens. Between single income and remodeling our house budget was tight. Next builds won't take nearly as long lol.

I'm waiting to see if any deals pop up before I fo on a scope. But will be going with a Larue mount.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah life happens. Between single income and remodeling our house budget was tight. Next builds won't take nearly as long lol.

I'm waiting to see if any deals pop up before I fo on a scope. But will be going with a Larue mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with taking your time. I stash parts all the time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#18]
We went out to the dirt track races last summer. It was loud! My wife and I were the only people we could see who were wearing earplugs. I can't tell you how many infants in baby carriages I saw, not to mention all the small children running around like crazy. I can't imagine the hearing damage being done.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Well got headspace check which was good.

So finally got out to set gas and sight it in righ before I have to leave for work.

Got this five shot group using 147gr FMJ Perfecta and a 10-15 mph crosswind. Was shooting prone with a range bag as a front rest.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
recycled feed bag    group doesn't look bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
recycled feed bag    group doesn't look bad.
View Quote
Yeah I'm eco friendly lol

I think I could get it better. I was trying to hurry before work. And I shot the 5 round group in less then 10sec total.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top