Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2017 12:30:45 AM EDT
My 308 BCG came with a solid type firing pin retainer, and I'm not a fan of those. I had a 308 cotter pin style (that I dropped in my order with a bunch of PSA stuff), but seemed to have lost it.
Does anyone know where I can buy a few (maybe 3-4) cotter pin style 308 firing pin retainers.... that won't kill me on shipping?
Thanks for any feedback!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Hardware store should have them. My local ACE Hardware and a mom & Pop hardware store both have them. Big box stores might but I never looked there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hardware store should have them. My local ACE Hardware and a mom & Pop hardware store both have them. Big box stores might but I never looked there.
View Quote
You do realize that the firing pin retaining pin is not really a "cotter pin".....

Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Firing Pin Retaining Pin
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! I wound up getting some Armalite AR10 cotter type FPRP's from DSG.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link just ordered 3 shipping a little high but they're close should have in a couple of days
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you like the solid style?

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine is a pain in the arse to get in, where can I get a few of those solid style for the 308?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine is a pain in the arse to get in, where can I get a few of those solid style for the 308?
View Quote
The ones that are hard to get inserted are usually not beveled
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
The ones in my post are .308 ones. Send me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Well an update to this. The Armalite AR10 cotter pins work, but are thin in a DPMS pattern BCG (a bit too loose for my tastes). DPMS "solid" pins work, but are a tad on the short side, and dislike straight pins (they are notorious for breaking the "ears" off) and they don't stay in as well as cotter pins do. So... then I tried PSA PA10 cotter pins. Those are VERY well build, very robust and WAY thicker than the flimsy Armalite cotter pins. They are built better in every way. HOWEVER... I don't know if PSA 308 BCG's are made differently (than other DPMS bcg's), but the head is not flattened. Since they are a circular round head, they will NOT clear my receiver in either my SST (Sunny State Tactical) or TT (Tom's Tactical) 308 BCG's. They are a no-go. It's unfortunate because they are the best made one's I've tried (they fit TIGHT, are very robust, and proper length).

Oh well... back to the straight pins for me (or maybe give the Armalite flimsy's a try).
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Why not just give the PSA ones a whack with a hammer to flatten them out?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe try the pins from unclemoak, they fit nice and tight in my DPMS 308 bcg's,
And for the price, I don't think they can be beat anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why not just give the PSA ones a whack with a hammer to flatten them out?
View Quote
I considered that, but I'm not sure you can, if they are hardened?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe try the pins from unclemoak, they fit nice and tight in my DPMS 308 bcg's,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#16]
They ain't that hard, and what's the worst that can happen?

You have to buy a pin? Which you are already considering.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top