Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2017 9:08:44 PM EDT
I got to check out a NemoArms Omen - a 300 win mag AR.  It's the first time I've ever seen one.

I'm looking at an 18" barrel Omen. Seemed light, side charger, poly mag - but I didn't catch the mfg. 

Who's got one? Shot one? Heard of any teething issues with these?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you a .300 wm already? What's your intended use? There have been teething issues and feed problems with them. At one point the heaviest bullet you could run was 190gr, and if they havnt fixed that, no way. Not sure I see a use for an 18" barrel considering the increased recoil. There's just lower recoiling and better calibers out there to consider. Neat gun, just not sure I'd drop that kind of coin on one. But if I woke up to that in the morning I wouldn't kick her out either. ;)
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them but haven't shot them.  If I was going to go bigger both in budget and AR form factor I would get the Alexander Arms Ulfberht  in .338 Lapua Mag!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot one and seen a couple shot.  I'm not a huge fan of the 300WM (prefer the exterior ballistics of the 7mm RM), but the rifles I saw ran perfectly.  We shot one from 500 out to 1400ish yards, couldn't make hits past 1000 because we couldn't figure out the come ups.

If I had the coin I'd buy one in 7mm.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard pretty much nothing but good as to the performance of the Nemo 300WM.  However, since I've had an unrealistic desire for a 300WM AR, I believe I'd go with the Noreen 300WM.  There are two of these in my area in 300WM and .338L.  Our biggest local gun/range store carries them.  They are reliable and well made.  The biggest issue between Noreen and Nemo to me is the price.  Full retail from Noreen for the 300WM is $2650 on their site.  And, to the poster who favored the 7mm Mag caliber...they make that too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Taking a magnum round like that and chopping off the barrel that short is nuts. Lose too much velocity, the whole reason you GET a magnum to begin with. Other than that they are quite the rifle, a local GS has one ( in a long barrel) that I always lust after!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Taking a magnum round like that and chopping off the barrel that short is nuts. Lose too much velocity, the whole reason you GET a magnum to begin with. Other than that they are quite the rifle, a local GS has one ( in a long barrel) that I always lust after!
View Quote
That gun would have to be looouuuudddd!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL!...of course it's nuts.  I mean...it's a 300WM AR.  Everyone needs one...LOL!  Yeah, I continue to have some kind of crazy desire for one too...totally illogical.  I've never had a lust for a semiauto Barret .50, so it's not just a bigger-is-better insanity.  I need a 300WM AR like I need a shoulder fired missile...but...who doesn't want a shoulder fired missile?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
In a 9 twist barrel with Turner solids, suppressed, maybe.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top