Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2017 1:01:39 PM EDT
looking at these 2 rifles and wondering if anyone has one and can give some options on them for function and accuracy.

i am interested in the 16" chrome lined LMT and 16" REPR. my use for this rifle is scoped shooting and yes i know there are more accurate barrels but i dont want a stainless 20" barrel. or an armalite anything.

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
While both have seen (recent) combat use, I think the LMT has a lot more combat time.

I went with the LMT...the guys I have talked to who have used them in theater are pretty happy with them.

I have a couple of LWRCs in 5.56 and 5.45 and am happy with them, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The LWRC won't be as accurate as the LMT probably.  I have had 2 LMT's and they were solid guns in every way.  

I don't own them anymore because of weight.  VERY heavy piggy's.   Recommend (god I hate to say this) looking at the new Savage MSR 10's when they come out.  Very good price, and a lot of features.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i've got 2 LW's in 5.56 too and been happy with the accuracy from a scoped work too.

also have a bushy OCR AR10 with 16" barrel and a CMR rail, definitely a heavy rifle and i'm no Arnold so it does matter in the long run. sure wouldnt want to drag a 308 around in the field.

mostly just looking for an out of the box reliable and accurate 308 that doesnt need special barrel care like the stainless stuff does (cleaning and break in). i am a fan if the nitride process LW uses and of course chrome lined is always welcome.

surprised to hear the LMT chrome barrel might be more accurate than the LW though.

thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Reaper will print better.  Have not been behind one that was not a laser.  Snipershide had a good thread on them

I do like the lmt howevet and if i were buying anothet 308, its where id go as price and performance are great
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned both and the repr withal has ammo the best it can do is 1.5 MOA.

I own an LMTMWS with a 20" 6.5cm and .308 barrel both are 1/2 MOA or better. 

The LMT is overgassed so it's best if you add a heavy buffer and spring. If you use a suppressor then get an adjustable gas key. 

Out of the two the LMT is the best due to modularity of barrels 2 screws and you can switch calibers. 

I sold my REPR and kep my LMT. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've owned both and the repr withal has ammo the best it can do is 1.5 MOA.

I own an LMTMWS with a 20" 6.5cm and .308 barrel both are 1/2 MOA or better. 

The LMT is overgassed so it's best if you add a heavy buffer and spring. If you use a suppressor then get an adjustable gas key. 

Out of the two the LMT is the best due to modularity of barrels 2 screws and you can switch calibers. 

I sold my REPR and kep my LMT. 
View Quote
how much over gassed are we talking? what was your ejection pattern like?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
About 2pm, now it's 3:30 pm. No we got stove pipes or any issues feeding. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I owned an LMT MWSE for a number years, and used it extensively for long range precision in a formal setting. The factory chrome barrel shoots like a match tube, it impressed me. Solid rifle, very accurate with the CL barrels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a 18" stainless 5R barrel cut to 16.2", installed in my MWS.
Shoots .5 with m118lr.

A 16" chrome barrel will easily shoot 1moa with good ammo

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top