Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2017 1:22:20 PM EDT
Pseudo-panic buy back in September when I was "convinced" Trump could not win.  Picked it up late last week.  Plenty of 5.56 ARs in the safe but this is my first AR10.  

The machining is phenomenal and the BCG is a work of art.  

Current plan is to add the following:

1. Optic and BUIS (undecided as to both);
2. Suppressor (Omega or Sandman L);
3. Bipod and rear monopod; and
4. Sling.

Any comments or suggestions welcome as I know there are many SMEs in the AR10 platform in this subforum.  I have more pics if anyone is interested in anything in particular.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Man thats a nice rifle!
I built a 308 with a 18" light JP barrel, Low mass carrier, JP comp, Silent captured spring & adj gas
Its a ridiculously soft shooting gun

Congratulations
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Balla!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!

Someday I will have one to go with the 'lil JP-15.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Gents.  The gun is very smooth in manual operation. Cannot wait to get it broken in and see what all the fuss is about.

Although, I'm not sure I like the single stage trigger.  I'm used to 2-stages.  Will take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a beautiful rifle.

Tell you what.... Until recently, I had zero experiance with JP beyond reputation.  I picked up a .308 bolt and carrier for a DI PWS build I'm putting together as a Heavy Division rifle for 3-Gun.

The thing has the best fit and finish of maybe any firearms related part I've ever owed.  It's a work of art... Now I have to spend more money!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't own any JP rifles but all the components I've bought from them have been very nice. I'm sure the rifle will serve you well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a LOT of JP stuff.  DAMN GOOD PRODUCTS with really good people behind them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a beautiful rifle.

Tell you what.... Until recently, I had zero experiance with JP beyond reputation.  I picked up a .308 bolt and carrier for a DI PWS build I'm putting together as a Heavy Division rifle for 3-Gun.

The thing has the best fit and finish of maybe any firearms related part I've ever owed.  It's a work of art... Now I have to spend more money!
View Quote

The bolt and carrier are like nothing I've seen before in the AR world.   I have multiple full house Noveske and various Colt rifles.  And they have all been absolutely perfect in fit and function.  But none have a carrier and bolt that look like this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
That....is a very nice rifle...congratulations
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top