Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2017 8:20:17 PM EDT
I just received a Armalite Ar10 buffer and I can't see any difference between it and an Ar15 buffer so would it would in an ar15?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just received a Armalite Ar10 buffer and I can't see any difference between it and an Ar15 buffer so would it would in an ar15?

Thanks
View Quote

They are different lengths if we're talking about rifle buffers.

For carbine buffers, ArmaLite Inc. uses a longer extension tube, which works with AR15 carbine length buffers.  Some refer to this as the A5 tube.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are different lengths if we're talking about rifle buffers.

For carbine buffers, ArmaLite Inc. uses a longer extension tube, which works with AR15 carbine length buffers.  Some refer to this as the A5 tube.
View Quote

That's what i thought.  I was told that this was a Ar10 buffer but you confirmed that it is not which is a good thing as I  have more use for it as a ar15 buffer. I just weighed it to same weight as well. This is indeed am A2 Ar15 buffer not a Ar10.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like you are talking about rifle length buffers.

But if referring to .308 vs 5.56 carbine buffers, isn't the .308 going to be heavier? I thought they were H3s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes rifle length buffers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes rifle length buffers.
View Quote

If rifle length, they ARE different and DO NOT interchange. The AR10 rifle length buffer is shorter than the AR15 rifle length buffer.

You'd need a custom length buffer tube if you wanna salvage it for an AR15.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top