Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2017 6:39:44 AM EDT
Is Palmetto State the only game in town or does anyone else make a hybrid bolt carrier group that works with a KS47 build?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
From the photo and description it would appear to be an M-16 (full auto) bolt carrier which should be easily available.  If you have their bolt and since they show that they are out, I would ask them for a solution.

I need to learn to read, Is their bolt a unique design (as some other manufacturers) or just a different alloy/heat treat?  Aim Surplus has a .125 depth bolt carrier assembly that has a pretty good reputation in the same alloy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the bolt carrier is cut to accept AK mags and AR mags.  The  7.62X39 mags that fit into a regular AR lower use a standard bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a shop I got into contact with that will mill any BCG to work with KS47/AK mags. It's like $35
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Modified AR15 bolt carriers for working with AK mags in 7.62x39 conversions have been a thing dating back at least a decade now, especially looking at the MGI stuff, as well as the thinner-walled upper receiver that allows the fat AK lips to seat fully.

Major step backwards in a design that has last round hold open, but some people who have a bunch of AK mags like this route.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use modified full auto carriers as I'm using them with a RDIAS.  I've used those carriers in the original AR-47 lower and the MGI lower.
I bought a KS-47 upper complete with BCG and my old modified carriers work fine in the KS-47 upper. (as does the KS-47 hybrid BCG that came with the upper).
MGI also sells carrier that works with AK mags. MGI
I don't see why it wouldn't work but I've never bought one since it states on their site they are semi only.
View Quote

I bought their (MGI) bolt carrier and a 7.62X39 enhanced bolt from someone else.  Just need a rail system to complete my upper.

Edit:  My MGI bolt carrier arrived today and it is indeed a very nice part that works really well.  My bolt will be here tomorrow from Right to Bear Arms
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top