Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2016 10:56:21 AM EDT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/stendak/Mobile%20Uploads/20161221_124104.jpg
I have a standard AR-15 front sight on it, slim car guards, A2 grip, Sig brace and one of those rear sights which screws to the rail, 10.5" barrel 1:14 & bolt from deadshotbarrels.com, colt carrier. Aero Precision upper and lower the upper had been opened up already, Bravo Company quick detach swivel on the butt plate. Right now I just have an AAC 300 Blackout thread protector on it as it takes 5/8 24 threads, I was thinking about linear compensator but now I'm thinking maybe nothing. DPMS lower kit, Spike's extra-heavy buffer standard carbine spring. I'm using clear Lancer( I was able to get 11 in the 30 round mag, seems like one more than I've been reading about) mags as opaque Lancer mags are 300 Blackout for me. Almost forgot the Sinister bayonet lug. OAL 25 5/8"
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have a blast with that one..

Your pistol

Try running without the heavy buffer first.  Mine runs great with all standard weight buffer parts.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the club! I have the Tromix muzzle brake on my 10.5". It will fit, and works well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Really thinking this is what I should do with my spare sbr lower. Looks great man
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rig.  I hope you don't have any trouble with the PTG chamber.    
All my Lancer AWMs get 11 rounds of .458 in a 30R mag (7 in a 20R) unless I am using the TROMIX 10R follower and caliber/capacity marked floorplate.
Ditto the caution about the HB.  If you have problems the first thing you should do is replace the HB with a standard buffer.  One normally does not need a HB in barrels of 14 inches or longer but sometimes they do like a HB in the 10-12 inch barrels.  If you see ejector swipes and extractor swipes on known safe loads or factory loads from SBR, try the HB, but if not, the standard buffer will be more reliable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rig.  I hope you don't have any trouble with the PTG chamber.  
View Quote

Me too! Thank you big bore your reply was eagerly anticipated by me as I consider you an authority on the subject so I know better but went ahead and went with this ptg chambering I guess it is.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Try running without the heavy buffer first.  Mine runs great with all standard weight buffer parts.
View Quote

My 10.5 inch Rock River Arms 458 SOCOM runs fine with a standard weight buffer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Short version it works : )

Long version, going to take more than one post I think. I shot three varieties of SBR ammo 140 grain ARX, 300 grain Barnes TTSX and 300 grain jacketed hollow point, all would locked  bolt back.with  the 140 ARX and the 300 ttsx like clockwork the third round wouldn't feed because the second round is still grabbed by the extractor and noseose forward into the front of the ejection port. I ran eight rounds clean of the 300 grain jacketed hollow point if you don't count the one round that had a backwards primer in it I'll have to take a photo and post it later. I'm going to take a close look at the extractor. I was happy that I took big bores and others advice just to run to carbine buffer I did run a heavy one I had it with me to see if it would straighten out the feeding problems I was having it made no difference that I could tell. I'm mostly happy, the gun held together and I think this can be straightened out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Great!.  It is always nice when it all comes together.  After you run a few more through things might loosen up a bit.  Great job.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I just took my extractor off I have a donut around the spring is that too much resistance Maybe?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a happy camper today went back to the range without the donut installed shot a box of 140 grain ARX and a box of the 300 grain ttsx no malfunctions, I even shot one Magazine with the rounds staggered no malfunction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
good for you glad ya got it running .
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
If your bolt face and extractor are made correctly, you should not need a doughnut around the extractor spring.  Often when the extractor does not turn loose of the case the extractor horns are not made properly and are digging into the case rim.  Or, the extractor is beveled and dehorned too much and keeps slipping off so they add a doughnut to increase extractor tension.  If digging in is the case it can be corrected by dehorning the extractor a bit more or just replace it with a specific made TROMIX SOCOM extractor.  It is not a modified extractor but one made from the ground up for the SOCOM case.  Of course if it was dehorned too much and you need the doughnut to keep it from slipping off the rim, the TROMIX extractor is the only cure if the doughnut gives too much tension and without it the extractor slips off.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top