Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2016 11:43:22 AM EDT
Got word back from KAK that the gas port on their 11" carbine barrel is .125". Should I get an adjustable gas block or will a regular one be fine? Just worried about being over-gassed. I am planning to use an H2 buffer since it seems like most people doing an x39 AR use that weight.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
So much conflicting information :/

When he said it's a .125" port I asked him if an adjustable gas block is needed, he said he has never had to on his build with that barrel and an H2 buffer.

*sigh*

Not sure what to do now. Get a regular gas block because he says it works fine, or get the adjustable based in your experience. My gut is saying adjustable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I would agree that a 11" carbine barrel with a .125" gas is way to large for that length barrel and cartridge.

The .088" gas port diameter is in the range that makes sense, so if your gas port  is at .125" you will almost
certainly be over gassed and will need a adjustable gas block.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top